Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slappy

GD.COM Veterans Day Ceremony 2017

Hot Darn, what a slapptacious time of year it is, and that means it's Mother G time, and that means it's our Veterans Day Ceremony.  What started out small, has now become very large, and something that should not be missed.  Our Vets deserve so much, and this ceremony honors them for the freedoms we get to enjoy every single day. 

This year's ceremony is going to beautimous, and will be our largest; deserving so. 

The ceremony will begin at 11:11 am on Saturday, November 11th at the flag pole. Coordinates are: N32'55.400  W115"04.840

We've got a slapptacious lady that will be singing our National Anthem for us; Audrey Acevedo.  OOOHHH SLAPPY GOTTA DANCE.  A voice that can soothe da soul.  (And boy, Slap could use some soothing...y'all oughtta here when Mrs. McDuner gets upset if her dinner ain't ready....YEEEEOOOWWWW....anyway.....no need to go there....):wacko:

We will be doing the challenge coin presentation to our Vets, and the lowering and raising of Old Glory.

BUT, there may be some surprises in there :bigrin, and a couple folks might say a few words.  SO, you ain't gonna wanna be missing this one.  Slappy just saying.  

The cake cutting ceremony will be down at dat wash 22 place, most likely around 6pm, but Slap will let them folks determine the time and will announce at da flag. 

If you gots family that is a Veteran or active military, get them to da flag pole for this event so we can honor their service and sacrifice. 

YOU DON'T WANNA MISS THIS ONE. 

Feel free to share this flyer on your social media

GLAMISDUNES vets day.pdf 2_Page_1.jpg

Thanks Slappy :slap:

An the antipation.... I can't wait.

Sniper fi

THE absolute BEST trip of the year!!!  I love the atmosphere, and positive vibes that surround this trip :)

Guess I'd better dust off the ol' laptop and data projector for the presentation during the cake cutting ceremony ;) 

17 minutes ago, Scataloni said:

THE absolute BEST trip of the year!!!  I love the atmosphere, and positive vibes that surround this trip :)

Guess I'd better dust off the ol' laptop and data projector for the presentation during the cake cutting ceremony ;) 

Wish you a healthier trip this season

I've never been but would like to go this year.

Semper Fi

13 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

Wish you a healthier trip this season

Thank you!!!  I'm sure hoping to get out to the flag pole, not getting there last year was a severe bummer...  But my group was right, I wouldn't have made it out there and if I had I wouldn't have done well.

40 minutes ago, Scataloni said:

You still got twenty some days, best not get in a hurry just yet :lmao: 

Have you even started your send in the pictures thread yet ?

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

You still got twenty some days, best not get in a hurry just yet :lmao: 

Have you even started your send in the pictures thread yet ?

Nope, been stupid busy at work.  The day's are literally flying by!!!  As soon as I get another *stolen minute* from work I'm going to start that thread!!  Fortunately I add and freshen up the presentation so it's not like it was the first year :wub: 

We will be back with  another speaker in tow this is such a special weekend for so many people it's great to be a part of it and thanks to everyone for all the hard work in putting this together 

IMG_0222.JPG

If there's a weekend to go, this is it.  Being a veteran, I cannot put into words on how good it feels to get treated so great and the respect people have for us Vets. So many unselfish people gathering and working hard to see that this is truly a special day/weekend.

My hats/covers off to all who make this a great occasion, and thank you for the past years experiences, they mean a lot.

Just want to pass this along,checking the        isdpermitd.net web site that the weekend is free and no pass needed!. I’m sure they are checking if you’re coming earlier like Wednesday,Thursday or Friday !(wtf)so I’m still going to buy a pass ...,,

I may need a ride for Pete and I so we can get to the flag.

It's confirmed we will be there, but no wheels.

Can't wait!!!!! ALOT and I mean ALOT going on this Year...Come Get Your Vets day Shirts from us at the Flagpole they will be there...

Semper Fi

On 10/27/2017 at 4:58 AM, JDMeister said:

I may need a ride for Pete and I so we can get to the flag.

It's confirmed we will be there, but no wheels.

Ride is confirmed..

Thanks in Advance. :thumbup:

It's coming fast  if your going to buy a weekend pass make sure to get one off site because there 50 on site and 35 off site ... The season passes are the same 150.00

image.jpg

Just about to wrap up the work week and the car then load up to head out for the week. Looking forward to seeing everybody there and being part of the great event. See ya at the pole!!!

19 hours ago, DEV'S RZR said:

It's coming fast  if your going to buy a weekend pass make sure to get on off site because there 50 on site and 35 off site ... The season passes are the same 150.00

image.jpg

Isn't free this weekend ?

1 hour ago, I'm Sorry said:

Isn't free this weekend ?

Saturday and Sunday,  but they'll get ur ass Friday night......watch it!

Sad they should make it fri sat sun 

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.