Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slappy

GD.COM Veterans Day Ceremony 2017

5 hours ago, tinderbitzin said:

I was towards the end nd of the lake be Saturday & it was announced there weren’t enough challenge coins left & to look here within 48 hours. I still don’t see anything about getting a coin. Any help would be appreciated. 

Veterans ceremony was amazing. Great job by all that coordinated such a wonderful event. After the ceremony the day didn’t turn out how we planned. Sheared the spindle clean off. Could have been so much worse. Everyone is fine. Silver lining, while limping the car out of the dunes we come across an older couple (veterans leaving the flag pole ceremony) stuck in a RZR. They were panicking, dehydrated, heat exhaustion, etc. they were in bad shape. Their group had left them.  My broken spindle may have ended up saving their lives. We got them unstuck, calmed down, hydrated, and safely out of the dunes. Toys can be fixed, people cannot. 

FDC08A94-7F47-4E60-9A2A-9F5EDA810FDF.jpeg

D26A85B1-1DBC-4985-A723-FFF996FA2B18.jpeg

D58B3881-C59C-48CF-814F-573D1C122B1D.jpeg

A8C59AE3-B924-4C04-9155-FA9167A6D9B3.jpeg

E6D12CCF-9B0C-4C6A-BA24-0B7BAD9394FC.jpeg

On 11/11/2017 at 4:22 PM, bobby5201 said:

Wonder if these fu##sticks from pad 3 went to the ceremony?

Resized_20171111_151241.jpg

I cannot believe that this weekend of all weekends someone did not take issue with this.  I wasn't there and I am not saying I would correct this on my own but I would certainly join or form a coalition to educate these mofers.

Amazing crowd and not one knee, this was a great job and wonderful tribute to those who serve and have served! Well done and amazing growth year to year........

MVI_4058.MOV

Wow! As I replay Saturday over and over in my head, I just keep coming back to that one word: WOW! I am both extremely humbled, and extremely proud to have been a small part of such a moving, respectful, and loving tribute to those who voluntarily served/serve every one of us. There is so much involved in making this happen: the theme, the design of the coins and shirts, the effort in the special gifts, selling the shirts that fund the coins, the volunteers who donate the time and money, etc. Then the logistics of getting the event set up is a whole other heavy lift. And let me tell you, the cost of flying those planes makes duning seem cheap. Then, get a few thousand people to get to that place out in the middle of the desert, and give up all of that precious dune time, just to say "thank you"? In today's world?

But you know what? That's what we duners do! I believe it's in our DNA. Being a duner means you are going to over come every obstacle in your path, no matter what it takes. And we're going to help others do the same thing, no matter what we have to do. When you think about it, is it any wonder our veterans mean so much to all of us? I hope you are as proud of being a duner as I am of the community for putting on such a gracious show of thanks. From the bottom of my heart, "thank you" to all who work so hard to make this happen, to those who came to honor our Veterans, and to all of those who were there in their hearts, even if life (or the dunes!) did not let them attend. WOW!!!

Here is a you tube link to the video my wife Kathy took at the ceremony. She took them in small chunks as the heat was making her phone act wonky, so there are some starts and stops, but hopefully, along with everyone else's pictures that get posted will help give an idea of how absolutely awesome this event really was:

Glamis Veterans Day 2017

Very moving! The second Picture is almost an hour before 11:11 am......

23467056_10212761596347482_7363293631902351421_o.jpg

23456671_10212761591387358_1128249443761167673_o.jpg

:bow:  Thankyou to all of our veterans. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bVsctk92NU

was great to see and get to be a part of! thanks to the GD staff for all you do.

What an amazing event and ceremony. I brought my Uncle, Dad and son. My Uncle is retired Navy Senior Chief and my father is a Navy veteran (Served 69-73). It was the very first ceremony we have attended and my Uncles first time in G. We were all overwhelmed by what we experienced out there at the Flagpole (To include the Marine Corps birthday cake cutting ceremony in Cheff’s Camp at Wash 22). From the bottom of my heart thank you to all the countless volunteers here that dedicated so much to make this happen. What an overwhelming sense of feeling about being a proud American and Duner and being surrounded by so many people that feel the same way. Thank you to those that have that have chosen to voluntarily serve to protect our freedoms. 

At work and cannot view videos but could someone who was either there Saturday and could hear, or can see the videos now, please explain what the numeral 20 on the coins and the left sleeve of the t-shirts represents? I apologize for being deaf but it was hard to hear the sound system from where we were, and it was not far away. Just curious as to the significance of the number.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, aceisback said:

At work and cannot view videos but could someone who was either there Saturday and could hear, or can see the videos now, please explain what the numeral 20 on the coins and the left sleeve of the t-shirts represents? I apologize for being deaf but it was hard to hear the sound system from where we were, and it was not far away. Just curious as to the significance of the number.

Thanks

The number of Veterans that commit suicide every day

It is now average 22 per day with 129 thousand homeless while Mexifornia spends billions on Illegals!

16 minutes ago, mike dee said:

The number of Veterans that commit suicide every day

Oh Damn! Thanks for informing me. I think. Yeah I see and hear these numbers on some of the panels that they have on FoxNews, NewsMax, and OneAmericaNews, but didn't know that that is what they on the coins and shirts for. Appreciate the info.

8 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

It is now average 22 per day with 129 thousand homeless while Mexifornia spends billions on Illegals!

yep...not to mention the billions in foreign aid we send to other countries while the corrupt VA ignores the NEEDS of the very people they exist to serve, many who were injured fighting for America and her interests.

Nothing wrong with charity, but we shouldn't give anyone a dime while our vets go homeless, hungry, and without needed medical care. And I doubt anyone who attended the ceremony would disagree with that...;) I know for sure that they don't appreciate "oppressed" multi-millionaires, ;).

Best year ever   .

7 hours ago, Papa Bear said:

it actually was 22 before and the stats were down when the shirts were printed. There was a lot of research done before adding this. Sad that the number is back up on the average.

AMen !

791DD5BA-E6AA-46BD-A85F-8EBB42ED0D37.jpeg

My uncle sent me this pic of his Shadow Box. Thank you again everyone.

71C2EB62-993C-4FA3-8A0A-B41033BE3762.jpeg

On 11/22/2017 at 8:07 PM, steveo525 said:

My uncle sent me this pic of his Shadow Box. Thank you again everyone.

71C2EB62-993C-4FA3-8A0A-B41033BE3762.jpeg

That is awesome!!!  What a beautiful way to display a treasured memento!!!  You need to get him some sand from the flag pole and wash 22 ;) to add into the shadowbox :wub: 

Bump for 2018

Time to get the plans in order.

Can't wait!! Giving up a day out of my deer hunting trip to attend.  See Ya'll there!

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.