Stugots

New Genny

22 minutes ago, Bigboot said:

So who's running one with the A/C going? If they go on sale tomorrow I'm picking one up if they are good for the A/C.

Father in law runs his single ac in his trailer on one but can't run the microwave with the a.c. going 

Just did a 11 day trip and put many hours on it without any issues.

Have not ran the AC with it though.

So these are way more quiet than the Onan micro quiet 4000?

my buddy got one around xmas time, and man its effin quiet! presidents day, the whole camp was staring at it in disbelief at how quiet it is. it runs the air on his new 30ft travel trailer 3 months good so far.

12 hours ago, Raiders said:

A jet is quieter than an Onan "Microquiet"... :bigrin

Seriously: yes.  I have a Champion 2800w (which seems a little louder than the HF) and I can hear my in-law's Onan 4000 over it while standing within 15' of mine.

10 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

A jet is quieter than an Onan "Microquiet"... :bigrin

Seriously: yes.  I have a Champion 2800w (which seems a little louder than the HF) and I can hear my in-law's Onan 4000 over it while standing within 15' of mine.

Yea, Onan had a lot of balls calling the genny a Microquiet.

17 minutes ago, bagman said:

Yea, Onan had a lot of balls calling the genny a Microquiet.

Totally agree, more on par with an old Briggs and Stratton lawn mower.

Seriously thinkin about getting one of the HF genny as well. 

Picked one of these up over the weekend to throw in my enclosed and to also keep my motorhome charged up and avoid having to run the big diesel generator.  Brought it home unpacked it and it fired right up- super quiet.

Decided to try plugging my motorhome in to the generator and try it out and nothing worked. I used my adaptor for my Motorhome cord from 50 amp to 30amp- nothing.  Then went 50,30, to 110 and still nothing.  For shits and giggles I plugged in my shop vac to the gen and it worked fine. Checked all breakers on the gen and they were fine.

Didnt buy the generator to run both AC's, and microwave at the same time, etc.. just want to keep batteries charged and have as a back up in my trailer.

Any ideas whats going on and why it wont power up my coach?  Did I get a defective unit? Anything else I should look for?

1 hour ago, Meaney77 said:

Picked one of these up over the weekend to throw in my enclosed and to also keep my motorhome charged up and avoid having to run the big diesel generator.  Brought it home unpacked it and it fired right up- super quiet.

Decided to try plugging my motorhome in to the generator and try it out and nothing worked. I used my adaptor for my Motorhome cord from 50 amp to 30amp- nothing.  Then went 50,30, to 110 and still nothing.  For shits and giggles I plugged in my shop vac to the gen and it worked fine. Checked all breakers on the gen and they were fine.

Didnt buy the generator to run both AC's, and microwave at the same time, etc.. just want to keep batteries charged and have as a back up in my trailer.

Any ideas whats going on and why it wont power up my coach?  Did I get a defective unit? Anything else I should look for?

I wonder if your converter has a “clean power” or surge protector that doesnt like the genny. Did you happen to plug your rv into your house to see if the results were diff? Maybe transfer switch prob?

Edited by sausage450r

7 hours ago, sausage450r said:

I wonder if your converter has a “clean power” or surge protector that doesnt like the genny. Did you happen to plug your rv into your house to see if the results were diff? Maybe transfer switch prob?

Plugged the motorhome into the normal house outlet and everything worked fine.  Is there a setting I need to mess with on my control panel? Coach has one of the Magnum energy control panels and there are different amp settings in there.

Bringing this to the top .... Everyone still likes there purchase of the Predetor ? 

Meaney77 Did you ever get your issue resolved ? 

On 3/8/2018 at 8:37 PM, Raiders said:

inverter technology has made these so quiet.  I like the Firman Gens better than the HF.  of course I sell/carry the firman.  selling my HF with only 20 hours on it for $550

I just bought  HF 2000 genny this past weekend. Will start it this coming weekend and  I will check what it powers up in my trailer.  Had a GC for HF for something I returned and decided to get this. 

Has very good reviews and I did buy the extended 1 year warranty. 

I have a predator 3500 watt that I have not fired up yet. I am thinking about getting the remote control 3300 what firman from Squatcher. If I was in the market for a 2000 watt generator, I would look into the Pulsar on eBay for $319. If you get it with the 15% off coupon, it ends up being about 275 bucks with free shipping and no tax. I don't think it's more reliable or quieter than any other brand, I think at this point they're all close enough that the price is the major difference.

Ran mine all season without issue. Went to fire it up after the summer sit and it would not start, most likely a gummed up carb. I did not  have time to clean it out so I took it back to HF.  It was past their 90 warranty so they offered me to buy the extended warranty for $80 and would exchange it,  walked out with a new in the box one.

I would say a remote start would be sweet though.

5 minutes ago, Stugots said:

Ran mine all season without issue. Went to fire it up after the summer sit and it would not start, most likely a gummed up carb. I did not  have time to clean it out so I took it back to HF.  It was past their 90 warranty so they offered me to buy the extended warranty for $80 and would exchange it,  walked out with a new in the box one.

I would say a remote start would be sweet though.

I'm curious if you ran the carb dry the last time you used it. I never remember to do that, just wondering if it works or not.

I had a Honda 3000 with remote start. My only complaint was how much it weighed, but I put big Nobbies on it and that fixed that problem. The firman generator put remote start only weighs about 90 lb which makes it even more attractive.

Edited by socaldmax

6 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I'm curious if you ran the carb dry the last time you used it. I never remember to do that, just wondering if it works or not.

I dont think I did. I started once through the summer but, of course when I needed it it would not start.

1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

I had a Honda 3000 with remote start. My only complaint was how much it weighed, but I put big Nobbies on it and that fixed that problem. The firman generator put remote start only weighs about 90 lb which makes it even more attractive.

I have heard it doesn't work and is actually an incorrect term. When the carb runs out of enough gas for the engine to run there is still some gas in the carb. This much smaller amount of gas dries out even faster then if you didn't run it out.

What I have found to work is a little Sea Foam. I have an EU3000 that was running so bad I ordered a new carb for it. Before I installed the carb I added some Sea Foam that was recommended to me. Almost immediately the thing started to run perfect and I now have in original shipping packaging a new carb that I didn't need. I add a little now and then probably twice a year to keep it clear and running well. A can will last almost 2 years and while I do try and run it regularly there are times it has sat for months usually in the heat of the summer.    

2 hours ago, socaldmax said:

there huge handle and wheels make it nice.  going to be rocking one this weekend.  remote start from the bedroom I can't wait. no more getting out of bed to turn the genny off or inverter

Whups... I just spent like $900 doing a major (overdue) service on my 13 year old Onan 4000. It has almost 3,000 hours on a rebuilt motor (done around 700 hours, let the oil run dry, whups). She does burn about a 1/2 quart per trip (we run it all the time), so when she finally bites the dust, I'll probably buy this HF one. .. even though I HATE HF... 

So cheap.

ABC

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, Meaney77 said:

Plugged the motorhome into the normal house outlet and everything worked fine.  Is there a setting I need to mess with on my control panel? Coach has one of the Magnum energy control panels and there are different amp settings in there.

Were you able to get the MH to run off the Predator ?

10 hours ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

So, about that 15% ebay coupon?.. Where?

When they have them, they'll advertise it on their home page. I also have a Slickdeals alert for 15% and 20% off coupons. I will get an email as soon as the coupons are available. Sometimes the coupons are only for certain vendors, sometimes coupons are for any item. Once in a great while it's a 20% off coupon. They usually max out at $100 off. If you're buying something for $667, you'll Max out the $100 off. When I bought my Mini Splits this summer, I waited for the coupons and bought each one for $100 off.

9 hours ago, JKR951 said:

Were you able to get the MH to run off the Predator ?

Yes, works like a champ after I made an "Edison Plug" for it.

15 hours ago, chopshop said:

Bringing this to the top .... Everyone still likes there purchase of the Predetor ? 

Meaney77 Did you ever get your issue resolved ? 

Yes, it works like a champ.  It ran perfect on our last trip out to the dirt last season- both AC units, microwave, etc...  If you buy one and you have a larger coach with 50 amp service you will more than likely need to make a "Edison Plug" for it.  Its $5.00 in parts, its basically a male plug end and a ground wire.  You plug it into the generator and it completes the circuit and charges the RV System