JGSturbo

New build in progress, The Handful

Made a home for the Holley screen and coolant pipe changes...
handful21.jpg
handful22.jpg
handful23.jpg

23 hours ago, JGSturbo said:

handful19.jpg
handful20.jpg
Seat brackets from the minimax are looooowww riiiiideeeerr. I need a booster lol.

maxresdefault.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, JGSturbo said:

:huh: I'm not really a builder, Just a dude with some cool tools and shop space.

Awesome JGS !. I was only trying to give you some more Ideas and not a dis. !. Your shop and ideas are cool !. I guess what I am getting at maybe is, , If you can build something besides what is out there....

80K LT's or 30K sxs's , Go  for it !.

I always love seeing your different projects. 

On 11/21/2017 at 6:58 PM, sandhammerer said:

When I was at the Veteran's day celebration I saw a pretty cool " XTC " car that from a far looked like a SXS but it had a Subie ? and a 2d or maybe an S4 ? . That was a bad ass car !!!!!!!!.

Any pic's or info anyone ? !.

Pretty sure it is a Polaris XP4 1000 with a Subi and 2d in it. Built by TMW.

34 minutes ago, tdubbs said:

Pretty sure it is a Polaris XP4 1000 with a Subi and 2d in it. Built by TMW.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Polaris then, is All I know. LOL. Was a cool car  !.

4 hours ago, sandhammerer said:

Awesome JGS !. I was only trying to give you some more Ideas and not a dis. !. Your shop and ideas are cool !. I guess what I am getting at maybe is, , If you can build something besides what is out there....

80K LT's or 30K sxs's , Go  for it !.

Its all good, all of us dreamers flirt with going "pro" but reality says not a good idea.

I think I have more than enough tools.

CNC tube cut and bending machines

Plasma tables

CNC mills, lathes, even grinders

CNC pressbrake

and now even a 20ft sandblasting setup and 20ft powdercoating operation. Heck even my own dyno to tune on.  

Its nice not to have to rely on building cars, keeps the car building fun and special.

Assuming the front end is staying the same. Or did you make some mods from the last car?

Its the same as the last car except coil carriers and bypasses. Also the king pin spindles are getting a single piece fork which has proved much stronger.

handful25.jpg
Running out of 1.5" bars to cut, Need to order some 1" DOM and get going on the suspension.

Very cool project! Nice shop and tools. How many hours on the build do you think you have in it right now? just wondering, as if I was to do something like this I would be limited to just nights, and would probably take years and too many kitchen passes from the wif..

Gear

Years of designing , a couple weeks of building so far. Last car I was shaking down in 9 months.

handful28.jpg
Rear lower A-arms going together, lots of tight areas.
handful29.jpg
Xmas 2017

handful30.jpg
handful31.jpg
handful32.jpg
handful33.jpg
handful34.jpg
handful35.jpg

Took a week off to go to my yearly PRI tradeshow.
Been back on the grind for a week...
Down to welding out the last A-arm tomorrow (front and back).
Next comes piecing together the upper shock mounts F/R, rear includes fuel cell mount.
Still need front spindles (parts cut and ground) and finish the modded rear uprights.
Then we will have a roller. 1inx0.095 DOM is coming in for all the bracing.

Ordered up a turbo cam and re-fresh kit for the 5.3L from Lil John Motorsports, been dealing with them for years on turbo stuff.

The turbo cam should soften the bottom end torque and give more HP for less boost, all good things.

Edited by JGSturbo

Looks like fun!:moof:

~jw

Well I've decided to share the real reason this car is getting done....
https://youtu.be/h-tXahCWi1E
https://youtu.be/PBIKldALMfY
4x speed but still ~3-4 min a tube, ready to weld.
While building this car, I'll be working on building a full 2-way hydraulic version of my prototype BendPro.
I'll also be installing linear ways and such to reduce build time and make everything smoother.

mad skills with the bending and the notching, but I would reconsider the front spindles, have built over 100 spindle kits, and really like the uniball or heim style, for the front 

I'm the kind of guy that has to have a major failure to consider a more expensive route and so far to date even with plenty of air time and miles of pounding the whoops we still have yet to break my cheap bushing spindles.

Bent? yes. But not the latest design which is a single fork w/ loads of re-enforcement. Uniballs have less friction but EPS makes steering PLENTY lite.

Uni-balls and Heims are well traveled roads but if I stuck to the well traveled I wouldn't have much to post ;)

There is something magical about a machine that spits out weld ready bent parts.  Its getting faster and faster, I'm busy designing the "official" version that could knock out 1 min tubes. 

Moving along...

Got the Fuel cell platform/rear shock bulkhead in.
handful36.jpg
handful37.jpg
Loving the low profile shock mounts, keeps the top of the car clean and I need all the low mounted mass I can get.

So what’s your day job? This all seems too much like something a real production guy does... :bigrin 

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

So what’s your day job? This all seems too much like something a real production guy does... :bigrin 

jgsturbo.com is one of my DBAs , Also manufacturing the Bend-Tech Dragon (A150) http://www.bend-tech.com/product_infos/bt_dragon.html

Also JGSFAB does powder coating, plasma cutting, etc.

Every project is production ready "just in case" ;)