JGSturbo

New build in progress, The Handful

I just seen the fans would be in the way

2 hours ago, SANDRUNNER said:

I just seen the fans would be in the way

Yep, I got maybe a 1/4in between the back of the intake and fans. Its alright we're gonna hang some our BOVs on it... Sometimes I wish it was 4in so I could hang this badass 104mm BOV on it.

Hot damn! Looks like she is almost ready to shake and bake 

I need to write up a check off list, sometimes it helps it go faster or at least nothing gets skipped.  I've been dumping time in for sure.

Posted (edited)

handful140.jpg

handful141.jpg

handful142.jpg

I worked hard last week to knock out a majority of the wiring with success. Pipes are welded ready for more powder (best part about running a powdercoat shop). Radiator lines, fill pipe, fluids and nick nacks.

Edited by JGSturbo

https://youtu.be/xD-FWw01S5g

handful143.jpg

handful144.jpg

handful145.jpg

handful146.jpg

handful147.jpg

handful148.jpg

Nice post. This is an amazing build. What engineering it takes to make a car like this. Props to all who do these type builds.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, quaddaddy said:

Nice post. This is an amazing build. What engineering it takes to make a car like this. Props to all who do these type builds.

Kind of the culmination of my 3 other builds... New challenges every car.

SandFest2011-2713-1369751729-L.jpeg

sxs4_324.jpg2smcb175.jpg

Edited by JGSturbo

Posted (edited)

Here a one man brake bleeder for ya, straight from my spare parts pile.

Edited by JGSturbo

Half SXS, Half sandrail might be a good description...

handful149.jpg

handful150.jpg

handful151.jpg

Drawing
handful151.jpg

Reality

Only a little tweaking in between.  Started having visions of loosing another belt and remembered - not a bike motor , no belt - no water pump.....

Electric water pump.

Should it be GORANGE  with frame color vents or the hood/roof/trunk lid black with Gorange vents?

Leaning towards black with gorange vents....

5 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Electric water pump.

Till no battery. I buried the back bars on the little car above, lost my belt and saw sky FOREVER.

If you toss the belt you'd burn the motor down on a traditional set up before the battery drained.  I'd rather worry about an issue on my volt gauge, than my temp gauge.  A problem a couple minutes after the wheelie, or an hour after the wheelie?

Electric WP isn't a bad idea, I'm just running out of space with twin turbos, ATF coolers, V-drive, drive shaft, etc, etc.

That poor toyota Alt is doing work with EPS, fans fans and more fans, dual fuel pumps (one sump feeder), etc. 

9 hours ago, JGSturbo said:

Electric WP isn't a bad idea, I'm just running out of space with twin turbos, ATF coolers, V-drive, drive shaft, etc, etc.

That poor toyota Alt is doing work with EPS, fans fans and more fans, dual fuel pumps (one sump feeder), etc. 

Meziere's fits in the stock location:

4-1.jpg

Why would you pick an undersized alternator in a class of vehicle known to be kinda power hungry? 

wouldn't that be a lot of stress hanging off the turbos with the mufflers without a bracket ? 

34 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

wouldn't that be a lot of stress hanging off the turbos with the mufflers without a bracket ? 

Log manifold like that (assuming it's made out sch 40 weld els) are pretty skookum.  Ran one on my road race car with a buzzy 4-banger and lots of heat for a couple of seasons with zero signs of fatigue.  

When is the shakedown run?  Anxiously awaiting some video!

13 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Log manifold like that (assuming it's made out sch 40 weld els) are pretty skookum.  Ran one on my road race car with a buzzy 4-banger and lots of heat for a couple of seasons with zero signs of fatigue.  

Yep, never had a problem - Stout as cast. 

Now comes the coolant issues... So far no luck idling below 211-215. 180 stat no change, heater hoses are looped. 120deg going in, 215 coming out.

Trying a gutted housing tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, JGSturbo said:

Now comes the coolant issues... So far no luck idling below 211-215. 180 stat no change, heater hoses are looped. 120deg going in, 215 coming out.

Trying a gutted housing tomorrow.

Wait, pull the T stat out. I believe we use a freeze plug of a certain size in its place that gets hammered in. It should have a small hole drilled into it about 1/4" if I recall correctly. This is how CBM I believe does it. I did it on my stock LS1 and worked perfectly. I can't remember the size but it works.