Did there used to be a boat section? Is there still a boat section? Trying to get this prop off of my 200 Merc outboard but have no idea how to do so. Old boat (read: my dads boat) has a simpler crown nut system thats super easy to work with. This one, not so much. I get the idea but am wondering if theres a universal tool for it or something? Thanks all

IMG_2679.jpeg

its looks like its got a prop lock on it, like a wheel lugnut lock.

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

its looks like its got a prop lock on it, like a wheel lugnut lock.

I was afraid of that. Ill have to dig around the boat with that in mind, as I will know what the heck it is if I come across it. Thanks for the tip

4 hours ago, TerryP said:

That's exactly what it is. Hit a socket on it.

Meaning put an appropriate sized socket around the thing and smack it with a hammer? I'll do it if it comes to that, but want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly haha 

Oh yeah a boat section would be great. I live near Destin FL and dream about them all day!  Boat tech!

Yeah that’s a $600+ Stainless High 5 prop. Those things are worth protecting. Hopefully you can find the key. 

19 hours ago, Adam G said:

Yeah that’s a $600+ Stainless High 5 prop. Those things are worth protecting. Hopefully you can find the key. 

Yep, you nailed it. Its hard to tell from that pic, but it had some damage when I got it. Looked liked it went through some gravel out here in some shallow AZ water. I took an angle grinder with a sanding wheel to it and made it a little better - got a tiny bit more speed out of it even.... I have a Torque Shift that I would like to get on there now. 

2 minutes ago, Dune-Track-N said:

Lost my Sanger Superjet build page, debating on re-posting all the info.

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9463.JPG

post it up!

Always wondering on them jet drives so polar away. Was in Hahasu standing on a sand bar thinking this would be much less stressful in a jet boat. 

1 hour ago, Dune-Track-N said:

Lost my Sanger Superjet build page, debating on re-posting all the info.

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9463.JPG

Bummer, that was a great thread !  

• Administrators
On 5/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, RideSand said:

Did there used to be a boat section? Is there still a boat section? Trying to get this prop off of my 200 Merc outboard but have no idea how to do so. Old boat (read: my dads boat) has a simpler crown nut system thats super easy to work with. This one, not so much. I get the idea but am wondering if theres a universal tool for it or something? Thanks all

IMG_2679.jpeg

Well there is now!

4 hours ago, Stugots said:

Well there is now!

Haha thanx boss, I emailed Patrick earlier and asked him to do it but you're on it!

• Thanks 1

Sweet! Still haven't got my prop off though, in case anyone was wondering 😂