onanysunday

Crazy things you see in Glamis

45 minutes ago, realbadlarry said:

Looks like the truck got hit hard enough to move it 4 ft sideways...but how did 3 vehicles get that close going that fast?

The truck and black buggy were stopped at the bottom of olds on a crowded weekend, people watching as most do. The copper color buggy came down hill fast and didn't stop. Throttle was stuck wide open or something like that. There was a family sitting between the black buggy and truck, a father pushed his wife and kid out of the way in time but he didn't make it. Sad day in the dune community that's for sure. I wasn't there but I remember the conversations here about it. Something I always take in with me since I'm doing the same thing out there that either of these parties did that day. 

Damn.......that is horrible...

On 2/24/2019 at 2:15 PM, Chingon619 said:

The truck and black buggy were stopped at the bottom of olds on a crowded weekend, people watching as most do. The copper color buggy came down hill fast and didn't stop. Throttle was stuck wide open or something like that. There was a family sitting between the black buggy and truck, a father pushed his wife and kid out of the way in time but he didn't make it. Sad day in the dune community that's for sure. I wasn't there but I remember the conversations here about it. Something I always take in with me since I'm doing the same thing out there that either of these parties did that day. 

That's the story I heard, he claimed the  "throttle stuck". That is easier then saying I was hotdogging it around a crowd and lost it and killed someone. 

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

That's the story I heard, he claimed the  "throttle stuck". That is easier then saying I was hotdogging it around a crowd and lost it and killed someone. 

I sold the owner of the 'no chinges' buggy a flatbed trailer I had a while back for the makeover. He was super humbled by the whole deal and it seemed like alot of lives got changed that day. Apparently he said a screw failed and left the carb full open. He said it happened so fast and was so concerned with avoiding the crowd he didn't even think about the clutch. 

The guy said it ruined his life and that he was still in court from the accident. At the point we met to exchange cash/trailer the motor builder was in court and it was looking like they would eventually find him at fault through the expert witnesses; I obviously have no idea but that's what he said. 

Who knows... Hearing the other side after all the talk about the accident back then made me feel super bummed for all involved. Glamis is a crazy place. So many amazing and wonderful things happen out there with the craziest, random, tragic events sprinkled in... 

2 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Oh wow, that hurt........

13 hours ago, cwarkenton said:

I sold the owner of the 'no chinges' buggy a flatbed trailer I had a while back for the makeover. He was super humbled by the whole deal and it seemed like alot of lives got changed that day. Apparently he said a screw failed and left the carb full open. He said it happened so fast and was so concerned with avoiding the crowd he didn't even think about the clutch. 

The guy said it ruined his life and that he was still in court from the accident. At the point we met to exchange cash/trailer the motor builder was in court and it was looking like they would eventually find him at fault through the expert witnesses; I obviously have no idea but that's what he said. 

Who knows... Hearing the other side after all the talk about the accident back then made me feel super bummed for all involved. Glamis is a crazy place. So many amazing and wonderful things happen out there with the craziest, random, tragic events sprinkled in... 

He was still hotdogging it near a ton of people. The people where there to watch the hotdog. In the end everyone's life will never be the same. No matter who gets how much money, only the lawyers will be happy.

It's a bad deal all around. I have personally witnessed a fatality at Olds. Sadly, there have probably been a dozen more there since. 

The hill is an extreamly dangerous place just to be at. I would say the most dangerous. 

13 hours ago, Romans9 said:

Oh wow, that hurt........

That's what i said to myself.

Not even seatbelts? Stupid hurts for sure.

14 hours ago, cwarkenton said:

That's interesting about  the screw in the carb. We'll see what the jury decides, it won't be the first or last time they possibly pointed the finger at the wrong person.

The driver was still in control of the vehicle. He chose to hot dog it in a busy area full of targets. He could have shut off the ignition, or push in the clutch, or do it in a safer place. However, since his engine was fast but his brain was s......l......o.......w, innocent people died and others had their lives irreversibly altered.  Very sad for everyone affected.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:28 PM, onanysunday said:

50818608_10219286586021992_9090411570336366592_n.jpg

This has to be the guy at Dumont that pulls the parachute.  I have not seen this angle, CRAZY!!

Oops

OOOOPS!

Thanks I.S. That's a classic.

This one has a dune crash at 2:06, a razorback crash at 3:47, and many other UTV and SxS mishaps that some of us (like ME) can learn from.

That first guy might have saved it if he had stayed off the brakes.

58 minutes ago, Phoenix7 said:

This one has a dune crash at 2:06, a razorback crash at 3:47, and many other UTV and SxS mishaps that some of us (like ME) can learn from.

Holy crap. Guy at 1:42 wheelin like that with no seatbelt. About crushed him. 

10 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

No seat belts?

Is there video of that?

28 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Is there video of that?

This is all I see

Here it is down in the comments. Damn!

Why the tow rope? Car was running and driveable.

7 minutes ago, sandkist said:

Why the tow rope? Car was running and driveable.

Front end was broke and car was not steerable.  Comments said the steering box ujoint was broke. SU buggy was just along for the ride other than clutch and throttle to assist. White knuckle ride. 

56985546_10212907214187832_3599675578984169472_n.jpg