onanysunday

Crazy things you see in Glamis

55 minutes ago, South Bay said:

looks like it was rescued by our very own Sand Shark and friends  . . .

ADCE3F4B-028B-48FE-AA1D-C133109D04EE.jpeg

Yep, that was our friend's bike.   Other friend's sandrail sheered bolts off the pulley connected to the water pump at the same spot.  Got car all squared away and by then it was dark.  So they left the bike and Megadesertdiesel (board member) came up with this genius idea to get the bike out of the dunes.   

I was not there for the recover Saturday morning.  I was on my way to drop my new X-3 off at the dealer to figure out why the check engine light and limp mode kept happening. 

24 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

The dolly is attached solid to the SXS. Then four straps to hold the bike up. Rear suspension on the bike would work up and down and the wheels on the dolly roll along the sand. Looks like it would work great.

Then the ass end of the bike would slide when turning ?

It would track straight. Picture a bike getting towed with a strap. Been towed on a bike more than once. :sha:

One of the great classics. :lol:

8 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

One of the great classics. :lol:

:lol: I wonder if Clay looked at Ian and said " I can make you famous"

Mobile Sand Blasting Service, why wait till you get home :lol:

This still cracks me up till this day...  there were days it was 6 of these 70's going all over the place!!  :rotf: 

Now that everybody and their mother insists on getting or giving GPS coordinates, nothing is cool anymore.  Just another dot on their pre-planned tour of the dunes.

Bet there will be a line at this plane to take photos over the holiday weekends.

4 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Yep, that was our friend's bike.   Other friend's sandrail sheered bolts off the pulley connected to the water pump at the same spot.  Got car all squared away and by then it was dark.  So they left the bike and Megadesertdiesel (board member) came up with this genius idea to get the bike out of the dunes.   

I was not there for the recover Saturday morning.  I was on my way to drop my new X-3 off at the dealer to figure out why the check engine light and limp mode kept happening. 

What did the dealer say about the X3? I have a buddy had a brand new 4 seat X3 throwing codes and going into limp mode when he tried to race the hill......Dealer told him it was bad gas.... It could have been, he had used fuel from the ToyHauler that was a few months old..... I'm curious what your dealer found?

40 minutes ago, Lil'Moni77 said:

This still cracks me up till this day...  there were days it was 6 of these 70's going all over the place!!  :rotf: 

Shenanigans!

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

Now that everybody and their mother insists on getting or giving GPS coordinates, nothing is cool anymore.  Just another dot on their pre-planned tour of the dunes.

Bet there will be a line at this plane to take photos over the holiday weekends.

I don't have a GPS :(

I'm sooo not up to speed with the Jones's

Dude, send me a hand written map inked in blood on dry leather wher ye be camped via pigeon :hozay:

4 minutes ago, TedRam said:

What did the dealer say about the X3? I have a buddy had a brand new 4 seat X3 throwing codes and going into limp mode when he tried to race the hill......Dealer told him it was bad gas.... It could have been, he had used fuel from the ToyHauler that was a few months old..... I'm curious what your dealer found?

Should know something by tomorrow.  Funny this is about the 8th new X-3 I have heard throw a check engine light, throw codes or go into limp mode when brand new.  I see a pattern developing that no one talks about on the Maverick forum.   

1 minute ago, Sand Shark said:

Should know something by tomorrow.  Funny this is about the 8th new X-3 I have heard throw a check engine light, throw codes or go into limp mode when brand new.  I see a pattern developing that no one talks about on the Maverick forum.   

Well welcome to :gd:  where we want to talk about problems (Even though we have Fan-Boys here too) :cheers:

Bottom line is communication is soooo key to these or any OHV Toy....the community as a whole gains strength thru shared knowledge.

7 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Well welcome to :gd:  where we want to talk about problems (Even though we have Fan-Boys here too) :cheers:

Bottom line is communication is soooo key to these or any OHV Toy....the community as a whole gains strength thru shared knowledge.

I agree.  I have no problem sharing or talking about issues with any of my off-road toys. I bought it knowing it would not be perfect, as no SXS is perfect.  I never expected a check engine and limp mode problem.    

21 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

At least you did not end up on the wrong end of a tow strap.

27 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Shenanigans!

:lol:

ALWAYS!!  Times have not changed much... :lol: 

32 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

I agree...  makes me want to just stay in the Big dunes and let everyone see the GPS spots... 

I've seen all except the yellow plane... 

18 minutes ago, Lil'Moni77 said:

I agree...  makes me want to just stay in the Big dunes and let everyone see the GPS spots... 

I've seen all except the yellow plane... 

is that the same as yellow snow ?

2 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

I still think it's a hoax.

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

I'm sorry to hear that!

As you can see, it sucks when people blindly defend their expensive purchase online. Those of us who openly talk about the problems with these things get attacked as "haters" when all we're really doing is openly discussing their shortcomings so new buyers have a heads up. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon, a sensor glitch or s/w bug is pretty minor compared to some of the flaws with other machines. 

6 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I'm sorry to hear that!

As you can see, it sucks when people blindly defend their expensive purchase online. Those of us who openly talk about the problems with these things get attacked as "haters" when all we're really doing is openly discussing their shortcomings so new buyers have a heads up. I'm sure they'll figure it out soon, a sensor glitch or s/w bug is pretty minor compared to some of the flaws with other machines. 

Thanks.   I am pretty sure it is something minor.  Just no fun taking a new toy back to the dealer.  It runs real strong when the check engine light or limp mode is not on.  

16 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Thanks.   I am pretty sure it is something minor.  Just no fun taking a new toy back to the dealer.  It runs real strong when the check engine light or limp mode is not on.  

Hopefully CanAm will figure it out and if needed issue a recall. They stepped up on the rack & pinion on the original models. Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Yes, my friends (Chad) ran great except for when he wanted to run Patton, (Big Hill down south) then it would go into limp mode.  After he reset it the code he could Dune and run the flats great.  Be sure to update what the dealer says. (On your Post about your new rid so we can stop Highjacking this one)

Highjacking allowed in this thread:25compute:

6b5c73c0a67a4141ca63a5a6ffa8dee341adcd5e

Edited by bagman