Dunelover

Steering

What # Sweet Steering Servo do most people use.  My application is for a Black Widow and my steering is a little too heavy for my taste

Not sure on the number and I can't read it without  pulling it off.  You might call Howe Performance in Lakeside, CA.  The would be able to tell ya.  If you have a Tatum rack, Tatum can probably help also.  Changing the pulley might be an option??? 

~jw

I am using a Howe/Sweet 705 Large control valve with a 185 torsion in it. It is a fairly light and I know some use a 200 or 210. There is a large range of torsions available. I believe you can send your valve in to Howe and they can change the torsion for a lighter one for you. changing the pulley will only change the flow rate of the P/S fluid you will still have the same pressure since that is regulated by the bypass valve in the P/S pump.

The torsion # will be stamped in the control valve usually on one end like this.

sweet-mfg-large-power-steering-control-valve-servo1_800x600.jpg

Available Torsions for the control valve.

• 0.185 XX-Light
  • 0.200 X-Light
  • 0.210 Light
  • 0.220 Light
  • 0.235 Medium/Light
  • 0.250 Medium
  • 0.265 Medium
  • 0.275 Medium/Heavy
  • 0.300 Heavy
Edited by Guest

I use a .250. It is a bit stiff. I prefer the .210. The .185 to me is way too light. I installed a .220 on a customers car recently, they really liked it over the lighter feel they used to have. 

Thanks I have a 250 now and was thinking a 210.  

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:35 PM, Dunelover said:

Thanks I have a 250 now and was thinking a 210.  

why would you use almost the same size, why spend the money? most use a .185

Well.... I didn't know so I went with HONDO's recommendation. (over a year ago).

Maybe a little "firm" for dunning but feels good on a run to Duner's Dinner at 70-80

Posted (edited)

My favorite is the .210. The 185s are way too light for me. I still run a 250 in my personal car, it is a little stiff. All our new cars run the 210. 

Edited by Hondo

After years of not having power steering I went with the 185. It makes the tight twist where I give Funcos a run for thier money a whole lot of fun.