Sign in to follow this  
TD

L.A. asked for $3 million for community policing

.....the DOJ said no.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-funding-20171205-story.html

Article is full of irony, saying they need the money to be safe and make a safer city, yet declared themselves a sanctuary city.

"We're going to do everything we can to make sure our city is as safe as possible and not let this undermine public safety," he said.

....everything except enforce the law :bangin:

It's really simply.

Convicted or placed in jail? Do your time, then Check Immigration status and send them back to their country of origin.

Community Policing works better then Militant, that area is bad...Immigration Status should not be a part of law enforcement job, let the court figure that out once time is served.

:crusty:

Be-careful what you wish for, "Those people" are populating ALL areas, your neighborhood demographic can change and your local PD can start doing the same ...

Since entering this country illegally IS a criminal offense, I have no problems with law enforcement checking for immigration status, just like when they check for wants or warrants. Got a broken taillight? Get pulled over and you're illegal? Looks like you're getting a free ride back to your home country.

Since the gov't already confiscates the proceeds of illegal activities, I'd have no problem with the gov't seizing their assets and using them to pay for the deportation. 

2 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Since entering this country illegally IS a criminal offense, I have no problems with law enforcement checking for immigration status, just like when they check for wants or warrants. Got a broken taillight? Get pulled over and you're illegal? Looks like you're getting a free ride back to your home country.

Since the gov't already confiscates the proceeds of illegal activities, I'd have no problem with the gov't seizing their assets and using them to pay for the deportation. 

So everyone entered illegally? Sounds like a generalization that will result in tactics that will impact allot of good folks unnecessarily - both citizens and non-residents here legally. Kind of like the way the BLM is operating these days...Guilty until proven innocent?

Your ok with that?

3 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

So everyone entered illegally? Sounds like a generalization that will result in tactics that will impact allot of good folks unnecessarily - both citizens and non-residents here legally. Kind of like the way the BLM is operating these days...Guilty until proven innocent?

Your ok with that?

Of course Mr Black and White is, He hadn't done anything wrong....................

He would probably have no problem with tattooing "Not Welcomed in the USA" on their forehead to insure they can't come back

2 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Your ok with that?

Who said everyone entered illegally? You? I certainly didn't say that.

It would be pretty simple for the DMV to put some sort of symbol or notation on the D/L of every citizen. If you're a non-citizen, you should have your visa and passport with you (just like any other country in the world) to show to the cops. If you don't get pulled over, no problem. If you get pulled over, it' a simple matter of showing your D/L or visa and passport. This only affects illegals. If you get pulled over, you already have to produce your D/L, reg. and proof of insurance. Add the passport if you're not a citizen. If you don't like it, become a citizen, or leave. Just like every other country in this world does it.

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

Of course Mr Black and White is, He hadn't done anything wrong....................

He would probably have no problem with tattooing "Not Welcomed in the USA" on their forehead to insure they can't come back

No, but "Deported" would work. Then add another mark for each subsequent time they're caught. Could get pretty interesting for those who have snuck back in 12 or 15 times.

Makes me wonder if a boat load of 1000 illegal Chinese immigrants was reported....would LAPD call someone or just wave em on through.

I totally agree that you must carry some sort of identification with you at all times. That way a Want / Warrant check can reveal your immigration status.

Problem is that most people when asked what does an illegal alien look like?

Answer is they describe a Latin American and not any other race. Yes there are more illegals that are from Latin America but people seem to describe or say Mexican and that's probably because their experience. 

That's the problem.

You don't see ICE going to Asian, Russian,  and other communities and check for immigration status.

I'm all for if you are not here legally then you shouldn't be here even if you are working. Come back when all is correct and start working.

1 hour ago, socaldmax said:

When should they check for Immigration status? when their tail light is out per your example would be ok?

Do you take into account, expired visa, work permits, paperwork in the process or just errors in their current status....you have more faith in the Government then i do - the DMV is not ideal either, even you should chuckle at even mentioning them to do this. Getting something as simple as a VIN for a OHV Toy is a joke as it is... :lol:

45 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Who said everyone entered illegally? You? I certainly didn't say that.

It would be pretty simple for the DMV to put some sort of symbol or notation on the D/L of every citizen. If you're a non-citizen, you should have your visa and passport with you (just like any other country in the world) to show to the cops. If you don't get pulled over, no problem. If you get pulled over, it' a simple matter of showing your D/L or visa and passport. This only affects illegals. If you get pulled over, you already have to produce your D/L, reg. and proof of insurance. Add the passport if you're not a citizen. If you don't like it, become a citizen, or leave. Just like every other country in this world does it.

I get that the Immigration system in this country is a joke. We have no argument there.

But impacting the freedoms of the citizens in this country by the methods you  are suggesting is not something I would stand for. Your suggestions are too vague and general, it would impact allot of folks undeserving of it. I almost felt like you wanted to add "Profiling" as a reason or probable cause good enough to check "Zee Papers!".

"WE" stereotype hispanics as what an illegal should "look" like because that's what we deal with here.  Go to the East coast, you'll get a different answer.  

ALSO...you don't have Russians, Chinese, Irish, whatever...screaming and DEMANDING special rights and to ignore U.S. law like hispanics.  You draw attention to yourself as the "face" of illegal immigration, then you reap what you sow.

I personally say mass deportation, English only, National IDs for everyone..must show to vote, All DACA go back to their countries of origin.  The only concession on this I'll make is the DACA people won't be penalized for being here and can apply for visas and citizenship as soon as they get back to their countries of origin.

Bottomline...being here "ILLEGALLY" is a CRIME!

When was the last time 10,000 Russians or Chinese marched through the streets of America and demanded rights of citizens?

2 minutes ago, Bansh88 said:

When was the last time 10,000 Russians or Chinese marched through the streets of America and demanded rights of citizens?

Waving their country of origin's flag and burning the American flag....

I would even go so far as to deport anyone who flies a foreign flag instead of, or above the US flag. If you want to be here, then become a citizen, honor our customs and flag and call yourself an AMERICAN, period. If you want to hyphenate or fly some other country's flag, then go home. I don't have a problem with someone being proud of their cultural heritage, but you're an AMERICAN now, so act like it and show your pride in being an AMERICAN.

In my 57 yrs on this planet, what I've observed is that people who have accomplished something to be proud of don't need to associate with their culture just to get some sort of reflected glory, they can stand on their own feet on their own accomplishments. Those who have no personal accomplishments tend to join a gang, or wave some foreign flag and whine about the rights of non-citizens while rioting in the streets. We should be like every other country on this planet: citizens have rights, everyone else can follow the strict rules for non-citizens, or leave.

Go to Jerusalem and start rioting in the streets for illegal immigrant's rights. See how long it takes before you get an Uzi in the face...   in seconds.

3 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Go to Jerusalem and start rioting in the streets for illegal immigrant's rights. See how long it takes before you get an Uzi in the face...   in seconds.

Go to Mexico for that matter and see how well it works out for you...

14 minutes ago, Mac said:

Waving their country of origin's flag and burning the American flag....

wasn't there some protests that included that in Michigan or somewheres like that. No Mexican contingent at all. 

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Go to Mexico for that matter and see how well it works out for you...

True! The only difference being the gun shoved in your face was given to drug cartels by the BATF who then sold them to the Federales...

6 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I would even go so far as to deport anyone who flies a foreign flag instead of, or above the US flag. If you want to be here, then become a citizen, honor our customs and flag and call yourself an AMERICAN, period. If you want to hyphenate or fly some other country's flag, then go home. I don't have a problem with someone being proud of their cultural heritage, but you're an AMERICAN now, so act like it and show your pride in being an AMERICAN.

In my 57 yrs on this planet, what I've observed is that people who have accomplished something to be proud of don't need to associate with their culture just to get some sort of reflected glory, they can stand on their own feet on their own accomplishments. Those who have no personal accomplishments tend to join a gang, or wave some foreign flag and whine about the rights of non-citizens while rioting in the streets. We should be like every other country on this planet: citizens have rights, everyone else can follow the strict rules for non-citizens, or leave.

Doesn't the hyphen usually denote race, not nationality? Asian-American, African-American, and so on? 

1 minute ago, WLD-OTZ said:

wasn't there some protests that included that in Michigan or somewheres like that. No Mexican contingent at all. 

Was it like 6 confused Ukrainians?

Just now, WLD-OTZ said:

Doesn't the hyphen usually denote race, not nationality? Asian-American, African-American, and so on? 

Is American a race?

There are some anthropologists who would like to speak to you.

:lol:

Just now, socaldmax said:

Is American a race?

There are some anthropologists who would like to speak to you.

Then is Africa a country? There are some geography teachers that would like to talk with you. 

4 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

Was it like 6 confused Ukrainians?

no. 

1 hour ago, TD said:

Makes me wonder if a boat load of 1000 illegal Chinese immigrants was reported....would LAPD call someone or just wave em on through.

They'd call someone and send them back because their skin tone is the incorrect color to be eligible for sanctuary in that city... 

1 minute ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Then is Africa a country? There are some geography teachers that would like to talk with you. 

Just to be perfectly clear, I'm NOT the one hyphenating, so I have no confusion distinguishing between nationality, race and continent.