John@Outfront Mtrsprts

need input on a fuel cell, where to buy

Looking for a fuel cell for a custom project and wanted to know where you guys have had the best experience, quality, etc, 

Im in So cal. but really doesn't matter.

Pricey but have heard nothing but great things about these folks. Harmon

Harmon.  I've had them build two cells for me.  First one James was coming to Az anyway and drove it out here for me.  Not cheap but way better priced than ATL. 

Harmon is a local so cal family business, I have plans to have them bladder my cheap RCI tank and they seemed eager to help in person and over the phone.

I heard Harmon is the best for custom cells.  I just went with a JAZ cell but the foam is junk.  I put ATL foam in stead. JAZ has a bunch of different shapes and sizes.  A lot cheaper than a custom one.

~jw

Harmon is the best local shop.  If they tell you 6 weeks that means 10 weeks and if they say 10 weeks then it's 14 weeks.  If they call and say "...it'll be ready by noon tomorrow..." and you show up at noon, plan to be there until 3:30pm waiting for it.  So plan accordingly.  He'll also cut cash deals to save you the tax, so that was nice when I had them do a new bladder in my fuel cell for $1800.   

I’ve got a really cheap Jaz $50 and a nicer fuel safe $100 but they are from rhinos so they may not have the fuel capacity that Your looking for 

Imco in San Dimas will make custom tanks, they’re primarily marine stuff. But pretty sure they’ll do anything custom needed

7 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

Harmon is the best local shop.  If they tell you 6 weeks that means 10 weeks and if they say 10 weeks then it's 14 weeks.  If they call and say "...it'll be ready by noon tomorrow..." and you show up at noon, plan to be there until 3:30pm waiting for it.  So plan accordingly.  He'll also cut cash deals to save you the tax, so that was nice when I had them do a new bladder in my fuel cell for $1800.   

Nailed it! LRS knows Harmon. You get what you pay for, but Christ........It's a fuel cell.

I've had terrible luck with Jaz. Started leaking at the weld seams after hard offroad use. 

19 hours ago, SP55 said:

I've had terrible luck with Jaz. Started leaking at the weld seams after hard offroad use. 

You have to get the ones with the polypropylene liner. It’s flexible and replaceable. The steel outer shell just protects the inner tank. 

Pyrotect also does good work. They are further away but they will ship.

I just had Harmon make a new bladder for my FuelSafe cell. They did a great job and had it done the day they said. 

Fuel safe built my custom tank to fit my car. Vary pricy but nice job. 

Harmon has done a few cells/bladders for us over the years and did and awesome job. I saw a few cans Harmon did for new race truck builds that were getting PPT at Dixon Powder Coating in Riverside, and the designs were crazy! We've also used Aero Tech Services in Whittier and they did great work as well on custom stuff when Harmon was a little busy...