Sign in to follow this  
lantz

Junk boat getting read for the dumpster

I think I tried this here before a couple of years back, but getting serious now.

We have a mid-to late 70s 18' Kona, 460, set back berkely pump, aluminum saddle and bow tank, last registered in 94.

It is a wreck.  My parents were in a boat accident and the boat sank and floated down river into the big pit just north of the rock bar across from the Riverlodge "marina."

We got it out and brought it home. The hull can not be salvaged.  The motor was drained and filled with diesel in 94.  I would imagine the pump is salvageable, but it would have to be looked at.  The boat drug upside down, stern down, down river, so the top of the bowl is scraped up pretty bad and looks to have a few dings that could be dents in the bowl. I can't remember if we drained the tanks.

My dad and I are making plans and charging sawzalls and buying cut off blades for all of our angle grinders, and we're going to start cutting it into pieces so, it will fit nicely in a 40 yard dumpster. 

I doubt there is anything worth much in there.  I'm not even going to try to get the tanks out unless they happen to fall out when we cut it up.

If you've got time and think you want pieces let me know.  I'm not taking orders, but if you want to come drag the whole thing onto a trailer for free and make our junk your problem, then let me know.

Boat is in Moreno Valley 92555 sitting in the dirt.  I re-purposed the trailer years ago.

Happy New Years!

Mike

Strip it and set the hull in the dunes somewhere east of Hill 5. We need another piece of junk in the dunes to call a “destination”!

The front bucket seats are still in it with steering wheel. It would make for great pictures.  I think I just read that you are picking it up on Tuesday to haul it home and strip it and take it to the dunes?  Please let me know when you're coming, so I have enough time to make sure the hull numbers are ground off.

Maybe you can plant it right in the middle of wash 22 :-) and put a kiddie track around it?

Mike

1 hour ago, wcimb said:

Strip it and set the hull in the dunes somewhere east of Hill 5. We need another piece of junk in the dunes to call a “destination”!

I "Laughed Out Loud"!!!

the parts are all worth something.  take pics and post them on socal jet boats or one of the many boat groups on the facebook.

I know some of the parts are still worth something, but if I pull them all and stack them in my yard, there is no guarantee that I will be able to get them sold.  That is almost a full time job. My dad has several acres of parts that are still worth something that he's been sitting on for years despite all of the stuff he's already sold. Neither of are married to anything on the boat.  I was hoping that maybe someone would want the block or the pump or the tanks enough to come grab it.