sausage450r

Ebay or Amazon? Any other sites?

On 1/11/2018 at 8:45 PM, mike dee said:

Ya I'm aware they sale or did sale fake Yeti's as i purchased did also get scammed by fake ones on this site also by a member.

Sucks theirs so many people trying to make just a dollar or two on an item.

How bout just get a JAY O BEE!

I'm curious how you know the Yeti from the GD.com member was fake. If it was from the same member I purchased a couple along with the decals that he was offering up. This was a couple years back as I remember. I know on mine if I fill it with ice on Thursday it will still have some on Sunday. Maybe a knock off will do that too, I don't know.

Kinda the reason I'm asking is that I had purchased one for a friend when I bought mine and out of the blue last week he said that I gave him some fake ass shit. Was wondering if I really did and while researching the differences between real and fake Yeti cups I stumbled upon your observation. Thanks 

20200405_114000.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 1/11/2018 at 8:50 PM, Legit Duner said:

Fake products are rampant!! Amazon does not "vet" its sellers. Or if they do, they suck at it.

I've had:

Fake dog food

Fake cat food

Fake Prilosec

Fake DeWalt

Fake Fusion razor blades

Even fake effin rolling papers!! (for my cigs effers)

If they are going to fake rolling papers, what won't they fake? I will no longer buy food or medicine there.

You can tell when a fake product arrived. The reviews for that particular period are horrible.

Amazon and EBay have TONS of counterfeit  or used/refurbished dog sh__.

I have about 35 of my 35,000 SKUs of inventory on EBay. Sold $1k there Friday and looks like one going out Monday for $2700.

I’m the ONLY person in the world who has this obsolete 17” touch screen in stock, but you will see hundreds of used ones or just generic images that are fakes or just ‘rip offs.’ I’ve even caught someone using my images.

I personally loath (China fake) Amazon. They’ve destroyed many small businesses.

In my industry I’m an expert in identifying fakes. Most y’all are buying and using counterfeit China produced crap and don’t know it.

Find the ACTUAL US MFR’s website and buy the item directly from their site. That’s the best way to know what your getting is likely the real deal.

EFF Amazon!

My $.02

abc

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

With the current situation and the affect it has had on small businesses, I've avoided buying on the large online marketplaces. Also avoiding big box stores like HD and Lowes, shifting my shopping to locally owned Ace Hardware and True Value. (True value near me has by far the best selection of bolts, nuts, fasteners, etc)

Just bought a Weber Q, stand, propane tank, and hose to use the bigger propane tank at Ace. The BBQ and stand were the same price as Amazon, and the propane tank was far cheaper. Hose cost a couple bucks more, no problem.

The big box stores and online marketplaces will come out of this ok, but locally owned small businesses are in dire straights. I'm going to do my part to support them as best I can. Including groceries, I wont shop Walmart, been shopping Winco, employee owned business.

I realize there are some items that are specialized and the online marketplaces are the most sensible way to buy and sell such as ABC's product, but for common everyday consumer items, i will be buying local as much as possible.

9 minutes ago, THD said:

Including groceries, I wont shop Walmart, been shopping Winco, employee owned business.

Not a bad gig for employees. Do you notice a major difference in how its run?

Each employee owner becomes a participant in this program after:

1. Working at least 500 hours in the first 6 months of employment
  2. Reaching 19 years of age
  3. Accumulating 1000 hours each fiscal year 

WinCo’s ESOP never involves contributions from the employees; all contributions are entirely made by the company.

Our ESOP's Solid Financial Performance:

Unlike a publicly traded stock valued on the open market, the per share value of WinCo's stock is appraised annually by an independent valuation firm selected by the ESOP trustee. ESOP stock values have averaged increases of 18% compounded annually since 1986. That means an employee who received a company contribution of $5,000 worth of stock in 1986 now has stock worth almost $863,000 from that one year alone!

25 minutes ago, ahipara 55 said:

Not a bad gig for employees. Do you notice a major difference in how its run?

The Winco stores here are clean, well stocked, and usually cheaper than Walmart. Their meat is mediocre at best, but produce is way better quality than Walmart but not as good as Safeway  etc.

I do buy most of my meat at Costco. I like their NY steaks and tri tip.

4 hours ago, aceisback said:

I'm curious how you know the Yeti from the GD.com member was fake. If it was from the same member I purchased a couple along with the decals that he was offering up. This was a couple years back as I remember. I know on mine if I fill it with ice on Thursday it will still have some on Sunday. Maybe a knock off will do that too, I don't know.

Kinda the reason I'm asking is that I had purchased one for a friend when I bought mine and out of the blue last week he said that I gave him some fake ass shit. Was wondering if I really did and while researching the differences between real and fake Yeti cups I stumbled upon your observation. Thanks 

20200405_114000.jpg

Just went back and looked from the email from Yeti and my email didn’t go back that far, BUT after purchasing and doing research I compared the ones I ordered straight from Yeti and the ones I ordered And discovered the differences.  I then emailed Yeti with the pictures. The dead give away was the content of the pieces of paper that came inside the Yeti.  Yeti explained “ that isn’t our content” I then compared the two contents and the difference in the lid and placement of a few things and they were different. (Some REAL professional printing though).  The seller here gave my money back.  I wish I could show you the pics or email to prove my point but I can’t.  Sometimes you just have to take someone’s word these days. 🤷‍♂️

Posted (edited)

I'm not doubting you at all mike dee, just wanted to know how you found out. The friend I gave one to said real Yeti tumblers don't have the lip at the bottom. Even on the Yeti website it shows the lip. He owns a couple of grand worth of Yeti product as he's a fanboi and spends a lot of time in the heat at the river so maybe he's an expert. Only presumed Yeti product that I own is the tumbler in my pic. Just ain't paying they're prices to have a name. Happy with the cup I bought here but apparantly my friend isn't. Maybe the member who sold them to us can chime in...

Edited by aceisback

Interesting. A friend gave me and the wife a pair of YETI tumblers, they work great. Who knows if real or fake :dunno:

Buying stuff on Amazon is a crap shoot many times...

Pajama Guy, uses E-bay and swears by it but won't buy clothes any more.  He bought some 3X pants that were for kids even though the ad said Men's / Women the sizes were clearly children's.  He tried to return and got a run around. He was going to have to pay to ship back to China when the original package came out of Cali.  Or they would giver him penny's on the dollar. E-bay said the tag says 3X you ot what you bought.

I use Amazon and had two semi bad results with great results from the vendor. 

First time was a poster that the shipping probably cost more than the product.  I ordered 2 they sent one wrong.  Contacted them and they shipped the same day two new and correct posters at no cost. Told me to keep the others.

Second time was for a set of tie down extensions.  I ordered them they came out they were smaller than expected. I felt I screwed up and put it off as a mistake on my part. Amazon asked me to write a review. I said nice quality and delivered on time but just look at a tape measure before ordering.  It may have been 5 minutes before I got a call from the vendor asking me what the problem was. I told her  You said they were what ever the measurement was and they were. I just under estimated what that looks like when it shows up.... Without asking they refunded my money.