CRUSTY

Trophy Truck of Quads . . .

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/snw/d/brp-ds650-glamis-ready-great/6443044861.html

Did you ever own one? those that did loved them...they were powerful when dialed in right and the suspension was soooo plush..like a marshmallow or TT

:ftf:

Braap!

Trophy truck in the dunes means heavy, Top Heavy, too much sway, probably underpowered, and can't see................is that what you mean?

The KTM525xc was the trophy truck of quads....I miss mine....I will regret selling it forever....when I win the lotto I will buy another one...and never sell it....

I have two DS’s, one an 03 Baja and the other an 05 BajaX. Love them, honestly wouldn’t be interested in riding another quad. The DS is the best choice for the 1/8 ton guys 6’2” and taller (not that smaller guys couldn’t enjoy them too).

never rode one. closest thing, was a custom sundahl frame with an XR650R motor in it, and of course the binchee version now that was the trophy truck of quads

Edited by sausage450r

Sold this to buy a car last summer 

D2CD6CAC-872C-4B2B-B1E1-502C6B708603.jpeg

485C7F63-AB67-412F-ADB1-767EF95A7324.png

12 minutes ago, Sand tourS said:

Sold this to buy a car last summer 

D2CD6CAC-872C-4B2B-B1E1-502C6B708603.jpeg

485C7F63-AB67-412F-ADB1-767EF95A7324.png

how did that dune? did he do a castor/camber adjustment to make it steer better? both the ones I rode could go over anything in a straight line, but they didnt wanna turn.  those bikes were so impressive. saw dean out on his at east pits over new years

Edited by sausage450r

17 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

how did that dune? did he do a castor/camber adjustment to make it steer better? both the ones I rode could go over anything in a straight line, but they didnt wanna turn.  those bikes were so impressive. saw dean out on his at east pits over new years

Couldn’t turn as tight as a Stock banshee but it did turn 1000hp tracks in to nothing and anyone following me was out of breath 

Went halves with a neighbor on an 03 Baja X , out in the desert or fire roads the thing was scary fast and fun to ride but in the dunes it plowed!,too top-heavy and the bars would jerk out of your hands any time you Hit something at an angle. That thing was smooth And a couch to ride....,

To call the ds650 a trophy truck of quads is a disservice to the real king of quads.

All hail the only trophy quad ever built.

lead2.jpg

xr650-4.jpg

quad1t.jpg

quad3t.jpg

Hands down the most comfortable quad ever built. Was like gliding on a magic carpet. Some of the issues that have been tossed around were easily fixed by setting up the suspension properly. And a steering stabilizer wasn't a bad option either. Have owned nine of them since 2003 and still currently have five of them. Hoping to sell four of them here in the future and hand one down to my youngest son. Lost use of one of my arms so it's a SXS with a steering wheel for me nowadays.

The herd includes one TVI 805 DS, two HPR 730 DS's, and two somewhat stock DS 650's. Long live the mighty Bombardier DS 650.

12 hours ago, DTA said:

To call the ds650 a trophy truck of quads is a disservice to the real king of quads.

All hail the only trophy quad ever built.

lead2.jpg

xr650-4.jpg

quad1t.jpg

quad3t.jpg

That's interesting....Honda something custom made?

Details . . .

I am with Ace there... when wife and I offloaded the Jeeps and bought quads, I picked up a brandy new KFX700.... hated that bike from the first ride, ended up selling it within a year or so after picking up a 2000 DS 650. The DS was a fit from the start, Aceisback set me up with the carb mods, I put a steering stabilizer and twist throttle on it, and that is pretty much all I had to do to it. Fast, smooth, reliable. Anyone that could ride any sort of bike could jump on that bike and it would perform for them. 

Some people think that a Lifted truck drives like a sports car too.

I will stick to a quad that has a good power to weight ratio and can turn on a dime over  something that weighs close to BBB's mom and turns like a jet boat with the engine turned off.

21 minutes ago, MWB said:

I will stick to a quad that has a good power to weight ratio and can turn on a dime over  something that weighs close to BBB's mom and turns like a jet boat with the engine turned off.

Quad like that u turn with the throttle and your own fat ass, not for the  skinny bro dudes for sure. But i  Also know my f350 on 37" tires could keep up with anything besides a sports bike on any road. Dual shocks n hellwig sway bars squeal the tires around corners every day and the look on ppls faces is priceless.

They were not bad power plants if left stock but guys who modified them too much paid the price with dropped valves from winding them out too much.  But yeah big guys only apply because skinny guys could not get enough weight far enough on the back to make the suspension work over the whoops.

44 minutes ago, MWB said:

Rarely do I hear you spew such vitriol... what is the matter, young son? And yes, you are completely and totally wrong too.... 

Would LOVE to come across a Wayne Matlock TRX700XX . . . . :drool:

score-san-felipe-250-atv-wayne-matlock-h

They might have a suspension that would soak up a three story drop... It just getting them 3 story's off the ground that is the hard part.

Like I said I will stick to the sports cars. 

18 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

Would LOVE to come across a Wayne Matlock TRX700XX . . . . :drool:

score-san-felipe-250-atv-wayne-matlock-h

Is he turning left to go right? 

2 hours ago, rayspeed said:

They were not bad power plants if left stock but guys who modified them too much paid the price with dropped valves from winding them out too much.  But yeah big guys only apply because skinny guys could not get enough weight far enough on the back to make the suspension work over the whoops.

I seen doug eichner throw one and a kfx700 on the mx track bone stock. And he is built like a 14 year old gymnast

1 hour ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Is he turning left to go right? 

Yes. Waynes center of gravity was just above his knees. Made for excellent turning characteristics

4 hours ago, CRUSTY said:

That's interesting....Honda something custom made?

Details . . .

Bunderson built it. Was known as the only quad where standing up was not necessary. Raced Baja in the early 2000s. DNFd a few races but won some if I recall correctly.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/feature/ram-prolines-honda-ex-trophy-quad-built-by-bunderson-racing-and-al-bakers-xrs-only-10600.html?printable

36 minutes ago, DTA said:

Bunderson built it. Was known as the only quad where standing up was not necessary. Raced Baja in the early 2000s. DNFd a few races but won some if I recall correctly.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/feature/ram-prolines-honda-ex-trophy-quad-built-by-bunderson-racing-and-al-bakers-xrs-only-10600.html?printable

That is cool

I had a few, a Baja w/703cc Pami motor and a 930cc Pami motor on Alcohol /Nitrous. They are plush, but also big an bulky, for a small rider