RK Racing

4 Seat Yamaha........

I saw that on FB.  I am curious how much the kit will cost.  It might be fun to buy a wrecked YXZ and build a 4 seater.

Making sandrails the past one SXS at a time. Not saying this is good but it can only be a matter of time when Ford/Chevy or other car co. wants a piece of the pie to keep their dealerships and parts dept. open and make production vehicles. 

For the amount of work and mostly costs....It would not be worth it.

SXS UTVs are simply not like Sand Cars in how they are built or in how you can modify them. Parts are way too specific and there isn't a MOORE or Pacific Customs type parts catalog that can sell you universal pieces to make your SXS / UTV how you want it.

They are simply an aftermarket manufacturers / parts department ideal "Cash Cow".

It’s pretty awesome, but to invest the time and money to build it then have Yamaha release a 4 seater would suck 

310A42A4-3CCA-4F57-A8B3-A56A26300DEF.jpeg

Why not just build a sand rail?  

This is stupid.  PLUS...since it's not "really" a Yamaha production...are you still bound by law to wear a helmet?  Be under 1000ccs?  I guarantee BLM won't cut you any slack or apply any free thought to the issues and just push a ticket.

Also...doesn't this violate laws in modifying a sxs to hold more passengers than OEM intended?  

See where I'm going with this???

If you sand rail peeps want to be folded into the mix of laws, restrictions, requirements...go ahead and support this.

Edited by Mac

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Why not just build a sand rail?  

This is stupid.  PLUS...since it's not "really" a Yamaha production...are you still bound by law to wear a helmet?  Be under 1000ccs?  I guarantee BLM won't cut you any slack or apply any free thought to the issues and just push a ticket.

With how many 70k$ build rzrs and such out there im sure they will make money on this venture

All that time and effort into something that in all likelyhood will be made by yamaha in a year, and a dinosaur in 3 years. 

Just now, sausage450r said:

With how many 70k$ build rzrs and such out there im sure they will make money on this venture

I get that and though the same thing.  Just building it from the ground up, you could have a rail.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

I get that and though the same thing.  Just building it from the ground up, you could have a rail.

Im totally on board with you. Its like putting 50k into a civic to make it a corvette. Just buy a corvette...especially with some of the prices i’ve seen on some nice dual sports. Would much rather have a 40k car than sxs

Edited by sausage450r

3 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Would much rather have a 40k car than sxs

“To each there own”  that is why this is the United States and not North Korea. Everybody gets to choose and buy what they want.  Most of my side-by-side friends do not want a full-size car taking up all kinds of space in the garage and in their trailer. Then I have my sandrail frends that do not want a side-by-side.......

Edited by RK Racing

Did someone say "North Korean Side x Side"?

stream_img.jpg

29 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

“To each there own”  that is why this is the United States and not North Korea. Everybody gets to choose and buy what they want.  Most of my side-by-side friends do not want a full-size car taking up all kinds of space in the garage and in their trailer. Then I have my sandrail frends that do not want a side-by-side.......

I agree.

SxS's are not really a replacement for Sand Rails anymore at the price they are now being sold for. Yes, you can finance, etc...but anyone who claims they want a Sand Car can now get a pretty good one for LESS then today's most recent models. It's really not an excuse anymore.

If you buy a SxS, it's because that is what you want.

My point in my first comment here, was that SxS's will never be as easy to wrench on or fabricate as Sand Cars. Anything made by a Modern MFG is going to be a headache. Think of the simplicity of cars from the 50's to cars of today. You have to be an Electrical Engineer just to get more performance out f your motor.

1 hour ago, SofaKing said:

Did someone say "North Korean Side x Side"?

stream_img.jpg

I wonder if the North Korean Polaris rocket owners will still strap down their extra 5 gallon gas cans on the Rockets :yay:

Edited by RK Racing

2 hours ago, RK Racing said:

“To each there own”  that is why this is the United States and not North Korea. Everybody gets to choose and buy what they want.  Most of my side-by-side friends do not want a full-size car taking up all kinds of space in the garage and in their trailer. Then I have my sandrail frends that do not want a side-by-side.......

In my country you would be executed with an anti  aircraft gun or fed to the dogs for such thought :lol:   

I think sxs’s are much more versatile than the cars most people drive. The maintenance is far less $$ and time. I want suggesting no one should have a side by side. My statement was meant exactly how i stated it “I”. Would prefer a dual sport to sxs

Edited by sausage450r

Yamaha isn't building it, I say good for them...

Yamaha is slow to develop/introduce their YXZ line...

'Sup with that Yamaha???

Pretty cool looking. I don’t care how people spend their money. If you can afford to build something that you want go for it. 

Saw this today 

AE483315-9939-4F36-9418-DB84E7C4D845.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Saw this today 

AE483315-9939-4F36-9418-DB84E7C4D845.jpeg

Is this in production? 

No it’s a custom build 

That was at the SSSS

I saw on FB (believe it or not...) that 4-seat kit was $17k! and you still need a doner car to swap all the parts from

21 minutes ago, DuneTrack-N said:

I saw on FB (believe it or not...) that 4-seat kit was $17k! and you still need a doner car to swap all the parts from

It must be a ton of custom work, think of all the redesign that has to happen wit everything, wires, cables, etc.

I always found it interesting when folks customized SXS's in any manner, it has always been allot of work and $$$, even for just a motor conversion to be done.

I saw a converted yellow 4-seat yxz Halloween weekend in wash 6

The white YXZ Yamaha is a Tubeworks Kit. I was told at the Sand Show the kit was $11K for everything but rear seats. 

The actual build looked pretty simple if you can weld. The kit comes with a jig, so you know exactly where to cut the car into two. It’s six tubes. Then you stretch it, slide the tube sleeves in place, and then the new center section & cage gets put between the two halves. Bolt the front & rear sections to the new center section and then you weld it back together.

If I’m remembering right there are only 6 tubes to weld as your just welding the center section back in. The cage is fully welded. Was told all the fab can be done in a day and the car fully completed in a weekend. 

You get a new longer drive shaft, plug & play wire harness extender, so no wires to cut or splice in. Longer shift cable & radiator lines. New longer center consol, rear doors & door skins and lower rocker panel. Basically everything you need minus rear seats. 

Honestly its a pretty bad ass kit. The cage actually ties into the front shock towers, fixing a Yamaha week point in the original design. 

And those who keep trying to dog the UTV saying the buggy is so much better for the price of these UTV’s. Well that’s all opinion. I think spending the kinda money many do on our toys is pretty ridiculous. I’ve had buggy’s, a pre-run/chase truck, still have my Baja Bug Prerunner and have a UTV.  I can say the UTV has been way more reliable and maintenance free. Haven’t done a CV in forever! The poor Prerunner just sits covered up. The UTV goes more places, can be used in more places vs a buggy or my Baja Bug. In fact look at what a bunch of the top Trophy Truck teams are pre running the Baja 1000 in. BJ Baldwin, the Herbst clan, Rob Mac etc.. are all prerunning in UTV’s.  They all have Alumicrafts, and luxury pre run trucks in their garages. 

Edited by NIKAL