punkur67

Getting Baja pro tires buffed for sand

Does anyone know where to get a set of Baja pros buffed like funco does. I want to do the Mohawk that is tapered on the whole tire profile instead of just leaving a single rib of tread. Does funco do them in house?

Try Fullerton sand sports. 

714-484-5996

Skat Trak in Calimesa 

Parkhouse Fontana 

I can second Parkhouse in Fontana.  I wouldn't take them brand new tires to shave, but they did a set of used Baja Pros for me and I am satisfied.  They exposed the cords in one or two spots, but likely because the tires were out of round and I showed up at closing time on a Friday.  I'm happy for what I have into the tires ($100 total).

You'll have to buff the sidewall ribs with a grinder and 24grit flap disc or something equivalent.

Both sets I had they buffed smooth transition to sidewall

09C33C06-D021-429B-87D2-7283F15CCED8.png

A9190FDE-9AF2-4964-AD32-FBEAC6BAFFB7.png

15 hours ago, chopshop said:

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for. Is the parkhouse in Fontana the only location that does them? I just picked up 5 used Baja pros so I am going to cut a set

1 hour ago, punkur67 said:

Perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for. Is the parkhouse in Fontana the only location that does them? I just picked up 5 used Baja pros so I am going to cut a set

Skat Trak did mine . 

20 hours ago, evantwheeler said:

IMG_2859.JPG

19 hours ago, chopshop said:

How do you guys like them compared to a traditional front sand tire? I have 8.80 triple razors now but I want to go a little taller. I was either considered these or some 10.50s. But I'm leaning towards the shaved Baja pros to try and keep my unsprung weight similar so my shock tune will be more similar from dirt to sand

Never driven anything other than these tires and the only reason I have them is because I am cheap.  Thanks for the good deal!  (not sure if you remember, but I picked these up from you at the end of last summer)

These tires are bias ply race tires so in no shape or form they are perfectly round and true so yes they won’t be buffed evenly all the way around.

11 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

Never driven anything other than these tires and the only reason I have them is because I am cheap.  Thanks for the good deal!  (not sure if you remember, but I picked these up from you at the end of last summer)

I forgot about that. I actually forgot I even owned a set. Haha. Glad they are working out for you.

I just picked up a set of 5 in good condition. I'm thinking about trying one set in the dirt and buffing one set for the sand. 

Both of mine where 35s . Never really tried razors on these particular cars to compare . I prefer the look and they turn great for me 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:22 PM, punkur67 said:

Does anyone know where to get a set of Baja pros buffed like funco does. I want to do the Mohawk that is tapered on the whole tire profile instead of just leaving a single rib of tread. Does funco do them in house?

You can buy them direct from Funco.

7 hours ago, CHIZZLE said:

You can buy them direct from Funco.

Thanks. I already have tires to get buffed

Different Parkhouse locations will buff, you have to call to find the one closest to you.

FSS will send them to Scat, they sent out 1 small tire for my atc70 to get buffed

Edited by matt86m

On 3/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, punkur67 said:

Thanks. I already have tires to get buffed

Oh, right.  Well, looks like you have a bunch of suggestions already but I'm sure you can call Grant/Chad and just ask them where they get theirs done.  I just bought some from them and they are just like what Chopshop posted.  From the sidewall up and tapered mohawk.  They work awesome and are pretty light.

1 hour ago, CHIZZLE said:

Oh, right.  Well, looks like you have a bunch of suggestions already but I'm sure you can call Grant/Chad and just ask them where they get theirs done.  I just bought some from them and they are just like what Chopshop posted.  From the sidewall up and tapered mohawk.  They work awesome and are pretty light.

Do you think there about the same weight as the funco farm  implements . 

19 minutes ago, cmcmotors said:

Do you think there about the same weight as the funco farm  implements . 

No, they're heavier.  I actually weighed them before I mounted them.  Not sure what the unshaved weight is though.

Implements, 27.6 lbs.

Shaved 33" Baja's(sidewall shave to tapered mohawk), 33 lbs.

Edited by CHIZZLE

does anybody know who can shave these down south near san diego?

Anyone?

I have been running buffed 35" Baja Pros since 2004.

Looks like I am a pioneer.  :)

36 minutes ago, lincster said:

I have been running buffed 35" Baja Pros since 2004.

Looks like I am a pioneer.  :)

I guess so!!! I just picked up a set and want them shaved and trying to find someone down south so i dont have to send them a couple hours up north!