Sign in to follow this  
AZDUNERAT

Kids riding gear

E9EBA149-A8F6-47B1-8EA6-E38449045FB2.thumb.jpeg.3b5fe81c2e34bc9a2a395cbddd04f918.jpeg3DDC66A1-F34D-4A3B-A030-D6172362F7B7.thumb.jpeg.6a926f1af6e02bd1d40466ad1fa90e5b.jpegSo my daughters(7 and 9) finally got bit with the bug and want to start riding. Only problem is I don’t have full face helmets that will fit them. Where is the best place to buy gear for them without breaking the bank? Not going to lie, if it keeps them excited for riding I will pay some money but don’t want to drop a hole lot for gear they will outgrow in a couple of seasons. 

F17B32C4-4C8C-45ED-9251-9F9F4547DC1B.jpeg

I've purchased all my gear from Steve's Cycle for years. He is off Gilbert and Main across from Camping World.

Perfect. I live off Val vista and Baseline. 

Bought my kids helmets from local mx shop (about 100$ each) bought riding gear packages from motosport outlet online

https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/girls-pants-jersey-glove-combos

I have a small helmet that’s been used only once and I also have boots I think size 7 or 8,might be out a glamis this weekend !,if I can hook up with you or somebody, anyone anyone ,Bueller Bueller !!!!....

So how about 40 bucks for both??? Let me know Steve...

Usually I buy on line and look for closeouts. 

I also buy stuff at the Sand Sport Show.

ebay is your friend.

Go to a local shop and try on a few brands (some are all shaped different, most are close). Get an idea what size you need an then post up back here.....I'm sure there are folks with extra helmets around.

@spize909  has an Adult Med for free listed if I recall.

1 hour ago, CRUSTY said:

Go to a local shop and try on a few brands (some are all shaped different, most are close). Get an idea what size you need an then post up back here.....I'm sure there are folks with extra helmets around.

@spize909  has an Adult Med for free listed if I recall.

I would do this but expand your search to the Online big guy's like Chaparral and Rocky Mountain, Bike Bandit. Lots of them have kid packages. Helmet, gloves, pants and a matching jersey.

Unless you know the history of a helmet I would not look at used ones.

Thanks for the pointers, I will take them to try on helmets to see what size is right. Not so worried about gloves and boots at this point as they are really just putting the 110 around but if they really take to it I will probably be getting both at some point.

@Sumsand, thank you for the offer but I havent made it out to Mother G in years and dont know sizes yet. I may PM you once I figure it out and see if we can get something worked out.

I just did this at the beginning of last season. We scoured Craigslist, offer up and let go. Ended up with some different things. @spize909 came up huge with a helmet for my daughter and LRS had some stuff but our schedules just never crossed paths. 

Andrew

3 hours ago, WaPaWeKkA said:

I just did this at the beginning of last season. We scoured Craigslist, offer up and let go. Ended up with some different things. @spize909 came up huge with a helmet for my daughter and LRS had some stuff but our schedules just never crossed paths. 

Andrew

Shit! I still have that gear for you. I'll hit you up when I'm at CBM or in the Riveraide area again.