RK Racing

2015 Yamaha 450R clutch help.....

2015 Yamaha 450R.....  last ride on it at glamis two weeks ago. On the very last ride on Sunday morning before we left to go home my clutch  level felt very soft. However it’s seem to be working great, no slipping, everything felt good while shifting but yet the lever felt very soft. .........  today after washing it and examining it I was checking my  clutch cable from top to bottom  and the cable looked great but I was shocked that I could push the swivel and the rod assembly coming out of the engine all the way in with my finger. What is going on? Thanks for your help.

3689AEA9-0032-43EB-9E52-3CE7C66935CE.jpeg

The only resistance on the clutch rod assembly was a little bit from that spring otherwise I can push it with my finger all the way in.

P.S. My son has the same quad and there is NO WAY you can use your finger to push his in.

time to pull the cover and inspect, my son has the same quad and it's time to pull his apart as well, his is dragging... 

I just finished pulling the cover and all the plates.... Lot's of spring pressure and everything looks right.

Pushed the level on the rod outside the other side of the case and I did get a little movement on the rod in the middle of the clutch plates.

I do not see anything wrong :coocoo:

All resolved...........................

Thanks!

What was the problem?

Yea what he said 

Guessing it had something to do with the nut behind the handlebars......