jaysbay777

Looking for 091 high torque starter just for parts

I am looking to buy a 091 high torque starter for parts,I currently have one that has a cracked housing but still works,Perhaps someone has one that no longer works and I can swap my working parts into the starter housing .Let me know what you have,mine is cracked near the positive post,so this is the piece I need .

Johnny

(858) 688-2621

Take it to IMI they will help you out.

http://www.hitorque.com/

1 hour ago, jaybird95 said:

Take it to IMI they will help you out.

http://www.hitorque.com/

I called them to see if they would sell me just the starter case and they didn't have any,So my next thought was that someone may have a burnt up non working starter they might want to sell for a fair price.

Johnny

1 minute ago, jaysbay777 said:

I called them to see if they would sell me just the starter case and they didn't have any,So my next thought was that someone may have a burnt up non working starter they might want to sell for a fair price.

Johnny

10-4 Good luck!

IMI will rebuild it while you wait and even let you watch. Super cool people. Last one they did for me was $75 and took 45 mins. 

Take a look at this thread, I rebuilt my starter and figured out these are modified Nippondenso starters out of Toyotas.

We believe its out of a 94ish Toyota Camery. It had the same drive gear/clutch assembly and rotated counter clockwise. A little trip to the wrecking yard could turn up a spare parts to that may save a weekend.

On 4/1/2018 at 7:34 PM, jaysbay777 said:

I am looking to buy a 091 high torque starter for parts,I currently have one that has a cracked housing but still works,Perhaps someone has one that no longer works and I can swap my working parts into the starter housing .Let me know what you have,mine is cracked near the positive post,so this is the piece I need .

Johnny

(858) 688-2621

I have one that works. Just had it tested today. $50