RK Racing

Wind at Glamis.... 2 Questions about it.

I was taught to park all toys "nose into the wind".

Just though I'd throw that out there.

Yeah what he said 

7 hours ago, spize909 said:

Nope, that was posted by somebody at Roadrunner last year (maybe year before). I saved the pic cuz that is my old buggy (with the new owners) buried in the sand.

Not photos shopped, I took that photo of our neighbor at road runner.

2 hours ago, mrduner said:

Not photos shopped, I took that photo of our neighbor at road runner.

We we're on gecko that weekend, sucked spending almost 24 hrs inside watching sand storm out our windows...the next morning our Genny would not start! Sand blew inTo dam starter and locked it up.

I totally understand not wanting to trash your rigs... but ffs, just taking a rig to G on a calm weekend gets sand in the window tracks, carpets, etc - it's like not putting a boat in the water cause you don't want to get it wet! :hah: 

2 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

I totally understand not wanting to trash your rigs... but ffs, just taking a rig to G on a calm weekend gets sand in the window tracks, carpets, etc - it's like not putting a boat in the water cause you don't want to get it wet! :hah: 

I believe sand in the window tracks and 60 mph winds pitting the front of your truck are two entirely different things. :wash11:

5 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

I believe sand in the window tracks and 60 mph winds pitting the front of your truck are two entirely different things. :wash11:

Agreed, they are. Totally not down for massive damage and when there's a twister with cows and a washing machine rolling by, by all means GTFO ... but some people's thresholds are a seem a bit low when, even on a good day, sand gets everywhere. Prettt sure that most of us would bail if the forecast was "gusts with 10k worth of damage to your rig" but some folks shy away when it's just breezy enough to blow sand :huh:  

Edited by HozayKwarvo

My answer was a '93 Fleetwood Flair. It was nothing more then a desert vehicle....you guys and your $100000+ rigs should just stay home if you're worried about your paint!:bigrin

4 hours ago, raspadoo said:

Id guess 50, wife opened moho door, wind caught it snapped the door stop off and took out the passenger power mirror and arm. Things went south from there :thumbup:

Damn! Today I believe we had some 32-34 mph gusts and I was in and out of the moho grabbing Ice Cold Delicious Beverages. :ecs:My rig is at the right angle to grab all the wind and I made sure to hold on damn tight. Can't imagine 50 mph.

43 minutes ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Agreed, they are. Totally not down for massive damage and when there's a twister with cows and a washing machine rolling by, by all means GTFO ... but some people's thresholds are a seem a bit low when, even on a good day, sand gets everywhere. Prettt sure that most of us would bail if the forecast was "gusts with 10k worth of damage to your rig" but some folks shy away when it's just breezy enough to blow sand :huh:  

Agreed. 3 years ago my new 2015 F350 got blasted fairly well. I really wish I knew how hard it was blowing at that point to make sure I never come back to that again.  I am at Glamis at present. Wash 11, AARP GROUP. I have known now for two weeks that this weekend will be blowing 20 to 30 with gusts up to 40. 20 to 30 is no problem but I have no idea if 40 will do damage to your vehicle and that is what I’m trying to learn. “My wild guess” is my truck got blasted at 50 - 60 mph about 3 years ago.

^^^^^^***** It wasn’t the wind that was killing the AARP group it was the sun

C5047383-CC78-4FBF-9E84-2C7843D80B95.jpeg

Edited by Sumsand

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, spize909 said:

My answer was a '93 Fleetwood Flair. It was nothing more then a desert vehicle....you guys and your $100000+ rigs should just stay home if you're worried about your paint!:bigrin

For the dollar amount of damage claimed to some rigs, you would be saving dollars with a desert only rig. You could leave all the windows and doors open all day and night. My worst damage, Alcoa wheels. A real bitch to clean and shine. Never owned them again.