jeff c

Buggy build worth

Just throwing this out there whats this worth in todays market  has not been registered yet

New build 3.0 honda 2d king kong front hubs new walker evens rims will come with brand new 3.0 short block as well

king 2.0x10 in front 2.0x14 and 2.5x16 by passes in back  needs nothing other then paint 16 gallon jaz fuel cell . Intercom with pci headsets front, rear brakes 930micro stubs. Built mostly by lrs. alot more not listed

20180331_134457.thumb.jpg.9d999f23e6d70f86d47023217a5c90d6.jpg

20180331_101841.jpg

Edited by jeff c

Looks very nice!!

Not sure what it is worth.

Who did your panels?

Dont know came that way when i bought the frame 5 years ago

IMG_20131202_113557_191.jpg

I'd say mid 25k 

Jeff if you are going to sell it put another $600 bucks into powdercoating and you will get a lot more.  it will look newer,   black or retail red.  even if you just do the panels and Arms. 

Wait, what?

1 minute ago, L.R.S. said:

Wait, what?

are you questioning PC price.  Ricks old tatum was fully stripped and redone for $500.  had another 5 seater done with arms stripped and redone for $700.  this one doesn't need stripping just PC.  was that what your are referring to or me saying Jeff.   Not you Jeff LRS.  lol.   I guess in AZ Powder coating is way cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, Squatcher said:

are you questioning PC price.  Ricks old tatum was fully stripped and redone for $500.  had another 5 seater done with arms stripped and redone for $700.  this one doesn't need stripping just PC.  was that what your are referring to or me saying Jeff.   Not you Jeff LRS.  lol.   I guess in AZ Powder coating is way cheaper. 

Wasn't questioning you at all, it's solid advice.  After a 5 year build and I'm surprised it might be for sale.  Great car with a solid drive-train.

Just taking a stab in the dark my friend.   slow and burning time.    looks like a nice car. should bring in the mid to high 20's

Just trying to see value vs what i spent to build it Not for sale  at the moment. I added up the receipts  and im at  32k for the build so it pays ro have patients and jump on good deals

Are there any powder coat guys out there that will take apart the rail and put back together when done

18 minutes ago, jeff c said:

Are there any powder coat guys out there that will take apart the rail and put back together when done

I doubt there's a powder coat place that will do that work, not really their specialty.  It's a tedious process, taking everything apart, bagging and labeling all hardware, hopefully the wiring harness unplugs and doesn't need to be cut.  Putting it back together takes much longer then tearing it apart.  Have to be super careful with the newly powder coated chassis.  And things won't fit perfectly because PC is thick.  Holes will need to be drilled out and threaded holes chased with a tap.

32 minutes ago, jeff c said:

Would you trust a powdercoat guy to reassemble your buggy properly????

wasn't there somebody on here a year or 2 ago offering that service........?

17 minutes ago, spize909 said:

wasn't there somebody on here a year or 2 ago offering that service........?

HA!  Yes there was.

1 hour ago, jeff c said:

Just trying to see value vs what i spent to build it Not for sale  at the moment. I added up the receipts  and im at  32k for the build so it pays ro have patients and jump on good deals

It's cheaper to buy one already done.

I don't know what trans you have but I think you'd be lucky to get 20k with a 2D. The market is really weak IMO and you can get LS/2D cars for mid 20"s

I remeber that post  for the powder coat guy they would even match all your bolts to make more streamlined. But could not find it in any forums.

I think 25k is a fair assessment a little bit more for a powdercoated car

12 minutes ago, jeff c said:

I remeber that post  for the powder coat guy they would even match all your bolts to make more streamlined. But could not find it in any forums.

If we're talking about the same thread that was started- it never happened.  The advertised cost was $1500 to tear your car down, powder coat (basic colors), reassemble.  I couldn't believe the super low price and I offered to be the very first customer with my Chenowth car.