danbalz

A arm conversion.

Looks great. You will enjoy the shiot out of it.

All done. What a journey. Started this on Easter weekend and it took me till Labor day weekend. This is my first time doing something like this and to anyone thinking about doing it Go for it. I have been studying any post i could find before the first cut. Lots of hours put in but I think it will be worth it. I was worried about not having enough steering travel due to sweeping the front arms so far back. Pulling it in and out of the garage it turns way better. Shake down run early October. Spring rate might be ok. 1 inch preload sets me about the ride height I want. Still probable going to have to do a few valving changes but it feels really good cycling it up and down.Image may contain: tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: car and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: bicycleImage may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoor

Before and after.No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: car and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.Image may contain: outdoor

Very nice. That came out really good. Great job.

Looks great!

Nice! Didn’t realize it was a 4 seater/V8 power (Q45 motor?). Good thing you added that bracing! :bigrin 

Any plans for that old beam bumper? 

Edited by Rockwood

Way to go! Nice job! 

13 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Nice! Didn’t realize it was a 4 seater/V8 power (Q45 motor?). Good thing you added that bracing! :bigrin 

Any plans for that old beam bumper? 

No V-8------3.0l v6. Im glad I added the bracing too.

Very nice! I have the same car and I love it!

UPDATE. First trip out last weekend. The front end works really good. Absorbs the ruts 10 times better than the beam. Now I really need bypass shocks in the rear to help with the chop. The steering is so responsive. My first turn the front hooked so good I pulled a Dukes of Hazzard and got the two inside tires 2 feet in the air. Took the first two runs to get use to the faster steering but i love it now.  Well worth all he effort.Image may contain: skyImage may contain: sky, car and outdoorImage may contain: sky and outdoorImage may contain: outdoor

Awesome!  The car looks great! ?

Conngrats man it came great! All the work paid off thats awesome. 

On 10/12/2018 at 12:22 PM, danbalz said:

UPDATE. First trip out last weekend. The front end works really good. Absorbs the ruts 10 times better than the beam. Now I really need bypass shocks in the rear to help with the chop. The steering is so responsive. My first turn the front hooked so good I pulled a Dukes of Hazzard and got the two inside tires 2 feet in the air. Took the first two runs to get use to the faster steering but i love it now.  Well worth all he effort.Image may contain: skyImage may contain: sky, car and outdoorImage may contain: sky and outdoorImage may contain: outdoor

Great job!. I have coil overs in my car that use to shake the teeth out of my head. After I re-valved them with a flutter valve it made a huge difference.

The last time I saw that car I said "Yo Dan, You have a knarly crack on your beam arm".  You said "I'll fix it". Then headed back to camp. You weren't kidding! You fixed it alright! I'm glad your happy with it.

18 hours ago, Stugots said:

Great job!. I have coil overs in my car that use to shake the teeth out of my head. After I re-valved them with a flutter valve it made a huge difference.

Flutter going in before next trip. Only used about 2/3 travel with this setup.

Edited by danbalz

1 hour ago, danbalz said:

Flutter going in before next trip. Only used about 2/3 travel with this setup.

I wonder if you’re over sprung in the back too.