Hondo

Updated with new pics New 5 seat build. Ground up.

you really outdid yourself on this one... the stance is absolutely perfect ?

Hows the front visibility with the higher bulkhead?

Great job!

Pretty sure you nailed it with the embroidery in the seats...

That car is bad AF!

7 minutes ago, fullthrottleguy said:

you really outdid yourself on this one... the stance is absolutely perfect ?

Hows the front visibility with the higher bulkhead?

Thank you. The bulkhead is the same height as the top of the dash bar. The tubes run straight across.  One of our major emphasis is visibility in the dunes. 

Just now, Hondo said:

Thank you. The bulkhead is the same height as the top of the dash bar. The tubes run straight across.  One of our major emphasis is visibility in the dunes. 

IMO - you just became a "brand name" car

Thats great  - I agree 100% on visibility.   

Did you get a chance to measure usable 4 corner travel with the wheels and tires on?

Killer car. That motor looks nasty!

Absolutely one of the best cars I have seen. Loved following the build up to this point and cant wait to see the final fit and finish. VERY nice build and would own this chassis no questions asked. Sooooo get building some more :-).

Wow, turned out awesome. Solid build that will be durable and reliable for a long time to come. Great job and thanks for posting up the build.

Car looks great! killer stance

Excellent work!  What would a chassis like this cost to have built?  You got me thinking  ? 

JW

Insanely cool lookin

22 hours ago, Hondo said:

I guess a nice car like that has a hood and front bulkhead in its future but I ran mine with no body pannels last week and loved the visability like yours with the open front section. I needed a temporary side panel to keep my foot in the car and instead of covering the whole section of the car and blocking visability I just put on this small piece. Right now I gotta say I just may build a body like this with zero body work in front of it. Its kinda fun watching the front coils and nice to see the bowl down and directly in front of you. 

E6DBCBB2-C4E7-41BD-974F-FF33C0A762BB.thumb.jpeg.3e51f7f7587c1a45c539a6d6f38a156d.jpeg

8 hours ago, jwest2sh said:

Excellent work!  What would a chassis like this cost to have built?  You got me thinking  ? 

JW

I wondered that too because it looks killer

Shakedown run at Buttercup.  

20181215_125830.jpg

20181215_123038.jpg

20181215_103032.jpg

Car looks awesome. You guy's flat rated that build. After hearing stories of people waiting years, your build time should be a real attractive  advertisement for future customers.

Edit to add, anyone on the other side of the pond looking to buy, triple the price. Just remember us back home.

Edited by Richard H

Car looks very stout, waiting impatiently for shakedown run pics.

A SxS would have been just as fun. 

:rolleyes:

Nice job on the new car! Looks like Buttercup has dried out, it was really wet last weekend. 

Edited by fortyfour

Body work is now in the works. 20190502_200328.thumb.jpg.c1c95a36912e77a4e5d850bcdf2adbdf.jpgThis will be all complete and shiny by the start of the season. 

20190429_094801.thumb.jpg.1b25d711d7da0f293e5a7ab5f217496b.jpg20190502_200427.thumb.jpg.e3a4aeb09a6ca0bc1579154435e3c1e5.jpg20190429_094747.thumb.jpg.18f1bc66e76c009e4923bcceb77c687e.jpg20190502_200356.thumb.jpg.5e78fcce0da05653a1bf69e96bd86812.jpg20190502_200335.thumb.jpg.b9011936e13aca701b207a8d115d3b93.jpg

Awesome job.  Looks really good.

Posted (edited)
On 12/11/2018 at 6:50 PM, stumpalump said:

I guess a nice car like that has a hood and front bulkhead in its future but I ran mine with no body pannels last week and loved the visability like yours with the open front section. I needed a temporary side panel to keep my foot in the car and instead of covering the whole section of the car and blocking visability I just put on this small piece. Right now I gotta say I just may build a body like this with zero body work in front of it. Its kinda fun watching the front coils and nice to see the bowl down and directly in front of you. 

Dont want to shoot this off topic.............. that Buggy is amazing!!!!!!  @stumpalump FWIW, my buggy is kind of like that.  it has a super short hood & the sides only come up to just past where my foot is.  The shorter hood is cool & I can kind of see the suspension cycling, but IMO, its a novel thing for a second then its kind of annoying.  sand does come up into the car & occasionally fills your lap with sand.  It also lets the cold air in.  Another thing, is every once in a while I will catch the passenger side wheel spinning out of the corner of my eye & start to panic that something has fallen out of or off of the buggy.  LOL.  

Im kind of tall (6'3") so I sit high in the buggy so seeing down is not a problem.  seeing up is......  When Im @ the bottom of a hill trying to look up to see where the rest of the cars are, Im staring @ the roof.  not a big deal, I just have to pay attention when we are going down the previous hill & hope that everyone has not piled up going up the next hill.  Its not bad enough that Im going to do something about it, but sometimes it catches me off guard.  

Bob

Eli & Anna, buggy 1 C, Feb 18 Desktop.jpg

Edited by Bobalos

Looking great Hondo. Are you doing the body work?

On 8/3/2018 at 8:32 PM, Hondo said:

Thank you. 

We do have another chassis going together on the table. It's a very small 2 seater. 105" wheelbase. Radius roof.  LS1 powered, Weddle HV-1. Bypasses all around. We are using front J arms for the first time in order to get the car that short and still have leg room. It'll be a fun little duner. 

20180803_200444.jpg

20180803_200440.jpg

Any updates on the nice 2 seater?

Looking great Alex! I'm drooling. 🤤