Reece

Correct Rear Wheel & Paddle Combo

13 hours ago, b1stin said:

What size did he put on his DD? I'm thinking about a change from my Blaster 33's

He went to a 14.50 dunesport on a 17x12 rim

15 hours ago, Reece said:

Cooley and the owner of sand tires unlimited told me to have them cut down and advised against 7 or 8 wide wheels. I guess I am just being hard headed because I like the looks of the skinnier wheels! :coocoo: 

Well there you go, you got your answer. LOL 

You don't buy the best built machine and then re-engineer it. ? 

Here Reece, so you can see what your car might look like (very roughly), since I know you like the way specific ones look. 

17 x 12 w/ 14.50 Dune Sports (Matt's Alumicraft)

reece_dunesport.jpg.76d9e0f99eeff32dd34455429383707a.jpg

17 x 12 w/ 36" Blasters (Mark's papa_dazzo_21 Alumicraft)

reece_36s.jpg.8b58f85703b1bb7876226531eb696ae4.jpg

15 x 7 w/ 33" Blasters (@hondajimz Alumicraft)

reece_15x7_33.jpg.f0e579a63ba5cb8fae38b1bba56448ad.jpg

17 x 8 w/ 35.5" Blasters (Pratte's Racer) - assuming that's what he's running

reece_pratte.jpg.2670d66679790ca8b2d7e409eceb667e.jpg

19 minutes ago, acefuture said:

Here Reece, so you can see what your car might look like (very roughly), since I know you like the way specific ones look....

Nice work!

I'd go with the 36 blasters, and run loading tires... or get a wider trailer :rtd:

Reece, cut your wheels down to 10s and have the center section moved at the same time, you will get the look you want and still be able to slide with your 33'S you do not want to go bigger on your tire size you will then have trans problems, American wheels polishing in Santee can do the work too

Try calling Bones at OMF Wheels, they can cut and adjust your existing wheels or make new any offset / width.

I had a similar issue, my car was a tight squeeze into my stacker.

I went new 17x10.5 and STU 35.5’s

F9CA2233-FA6B-4948-915F-5F23B19265FA.thumb.jpeg.9ce87d8615f1025fd2067837ec31da9c.jpeg

65523B45-4D4A-4716-9991-46E8B280089A.thumb.jpeg.c0f3422ca75a823222a7badc05b14496.jpeg

Edited by coryz71
Picture edit

I’ve been wondering this same question. Seems like good info here. 

Anybody know how much the dunesport 14.5’s weigh(17 inch wheel). I can’t find info on them anywhere on the internet. 

2 hours ago, tdent450 said:

Anybody know how much the dunesport 14.5’s weigh(17 inch wheel). I can’t find info on them anywhere on the internet. 

I've got a set and they are substtially heavier than my 35's on 15x14 wheels.  I will try to remember to grab them and step on a scale this weekend.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:32 PM, tdent450 said:

14.50 dunesport mounted on 17x12 Douglas weights 75 lbs. 

Also an unmounted (just rubber) 36 blaster weights 54 lbs and a unmounted comp cut 35.5 weights 46 lbs. I used to have pictures but can't find them

I have been down this road. I run 33 blasters on 17X12' wide wheel my car is is about 2900 LBS. I had the same tires mounted on 17X8 wheels and I like the wider rim much better the car will slide and is funner to drive. Also the Douglas wheel set up is a lot lighter I could feel the difference in power between the two set ups. But I feel your pain my car is 2" to wide to drive in the trailer also. I think i'm going to widen the door frame in my enclosed trailer about an inch and a half on each side to fix this problem. 

Edited by Djwc406

when i bought my wheels for my big car i had raceline custom make em for me in the dimensions i was looking for. 

Im not at the office but I believe around $100 a wheel

Letter late than never! I had OMF cut my wheels down to 10" wide and my dad had his cut down to 9.5". Mine are 17s and his are 15s. Both cars now fit in our trailer, look much better, and still slide in the dunes. Thank you OMF!

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

15 minutes ago, Reece said:

Letter late than never! I had OMF cut my wheels down to 10" wide and my dad had his cut down to 9.5". Mine are 17s and his are 15s. Both cars now fit in our trailer, look much better, and still slide in the dunes. Thank you OMF!

Thanks for the update.  What wheels do you have, the common DWT wheels everyone runs?  What was the cost and turn around?  I'm thinking of going this same route on my car. 

4 minutes ago, evantwheeler said:

Thanks for the update.  What wheels do you have, the common DWT wheels everyone runs?  What was the cost and turn around?  I'm thinking of going this same route on my car. 

Yes, both were DWT 12" wide before narrowing. 

Cost to narrow them is $150 each (without powder coat), and typically takes a week or 2 to get done.  You have to dismount the paddles for OMF. 

Contact Bones...

Daraugh "Bones" Flynn
OMF Performance Products, Inc.
8199 Mar Vista Ct.
Riverside, CA 92504
P - 951-354-8272

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, CBM said:

Looking at the stance of your car, it appears you may have a little room to bring them closer to the shock just not sure if your arms have the clearance. If so you could have the centers cut and moved outward or buy wheels that way

I am with Bruce on this one

I had the same issue really tight on the rear wheels

so I sold my champion 2.5'' back spacing and went to a 4'' back spacing made the car 3'' narrower and now fits in the trailer

who make the wheels

the Douglas wheels in the 17'' make a 3.5 and a 5.5 does it make more sense to purchase the other back spacing

or sell the full set and purchase champions

they make any offset above 1.5'' and the rears are 11''