matt86m

SOLD - LT-Z400 What's it worth? Sold

Wife's daughter has a quad to sell. We are in the process of making it run (replacing the petcock, battery and getting it tuned up) and she is getting a title - which is why this is a what's it worth vs a for sale thread.

Seems to be in decent condition for a 2003. She is not the orig owner, no idea of how many hours are on it. Looks to be stock. Ill find out when it was last registered too.

Took some pics. If you can give me a guesstimate on what it should sell for I'd appreciate it.

I am out of the loop when it comes to quads.

Once we have a title IN HAND ill post it for sale.

:cheers: 

Cquad1.jpg

Cquad3.jpg

Cquad4.jpg

Cquad5.jpg

Cquad6.jpg

Cquad7.jpg

Cquad8.jpg

Cquad9.jpg

Cquad2.jpg

Edited by matt86m

give her 1500 for it and fix it up and put it in your trailer so you have a quad!

21 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

give her 1500 for it and fix it up and put it in your trailer so you have a quad!

NO.

Don't need any more toys & I can't ride a quad.

Edited by matt86m

I sold a 2004 LT-Z400 last summer for $2000.  Stock except for a full yoshimura exhaust and rear paddles.

Edited by Grey Mamba

Top end price is $2,000

Bottom price is $1500

There are a ton of these out there, they don't sell fast due to the inventory levels, but they also haven't change prices on the used market for a number of years.

Thanks for the insight fellas!

Buddy just offered me $2500 for my wifes 03 z400.

As clean as yours with a few extras. Paddles, Nerf Bars, Handle bars, twist throttle, Tether kill switch, skid plates.

Stock motor. Im the original owner and my buddy knows the bike only has had 40-60 gallons of fuel through it. 

Might wanna get some matching rear tires though.

Where are you located and do you have the title yet?

Dean

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

Where are you located and do you have the title yet?

Dean

Its in Fountain Valley. No title yet

Think everybody's right on with $1500-$2000 range. GLWTS

Unfortunately I've seen a lot of these bikes going for $1300~$1500 in clean condition lately. The 06' and up have adjustable front shocks with reservoirs, and I believe more adjustments on the rear shock and will pull a little more $$ if in good condition.  As was mentioned there are a lot of these available and a big difference between what people are asking and what they are actually getting for them.

My friend has bough two nice ones lately and paid under $1400 for each of them ( I was surprised at what he got them for). the 09' and up is a different bike and pulls a lot more. That's a really clean bike with the exception of the unmatched rear tires. have to find the right buyer, or if want to sell quick settle for what you can get. ask too much and you wont get any calls.

Edited by kennerz

We have a 2003 that has been great to us.  They're very reliable and really easy to ride.  I see yours has a leak at the water pump, you can see the green coolant residue under the impeller housing.  That's a common issue with these and an fairly easy fix.  Just wanted to mention it so you knew, before a potential buyer brings it up :)

10 hours ago, kazuaki said:

We have a 2003 that has been great to us.  They're very reliable and really easy to ride.  I see yours has a leak at the water pump, you can see the green coolant residue under the impeller housing.  That's a common issue with these and an fairly easy fix.  Just wanted to mention it so you knew, before a potential buyer brings it up :)

Very common in those early years, if I remember correctly it has something to do with Aluminum/Magnesium on the case/cover???  I can't remember.  I do know they can corrode inside the housing and block water/coolant flow as well if they haven't been run in a long time.  All an easy fix though.

Sold my stock '06 z400 for $2300 bucks last year.

Let me know when you get the title. We will come take a look and bring money. Call Me. Dean 714-264-6151 

Thanks for all the responses. As of now the title is being handled. I also have a few offers in the $1200-$1500 range and a 1st-3rd in line of possible buyers. BUT it's not for sale until I get the title. When she gets it Ill make a some calls in order on PM/txt that I received.

Appreciate the help and interest.

I would say around 1600-2000$ range. It looks clean. I sold my wifes 05 with the resevoir shocks and immaculate condition for 2200$

Title is getting closer! DMV cashed her check.