Sign in to follow this  
sandroosten

Weekend warrior stereo amplifier

I recently bought a weekend warrior full throttle and the amp for the stereo is missing.

the trailer has all the exterior speakers, the subwoofer, the interior speakers, and the master bedroom speakers.

when you turn the deck on only the master speakers come on.

above the sink in the cabinet there are several wires (looks to be 6 rca wires) see photo

my question is what amp was in here? i would like to buy the same amp so that i could just plug everything in and move on without doing a bunch of wiring.

I have plenty of other projects.

thank you for any help!

IMG_1215.jpg

2 of people I know that had factory subwoofer systems had Kicker Amps I bieleve 

A KICKER KX700.5 I believe is the amp Weekend Wariors use to come with (not 100% sure) but it is a 5 channel amp. There was a thread about it awhile back, maybe look it up.

you guys are amazing.

if anyone has any pictures of how it is wired it would be very helpful.

looking at pictures of that  amp it as 3 rca inlets. Im wondering if a spliter or a "y" is being used?

Don't some stereos come with 3 RCA's out ?        Sub / Front & Rear

It should be 5 RCA jacks - Front left and right, Rear left and right, and sub.

Edited by socaldmax

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP

WITH 5 RCA'S IN THE CABINET, BUT ONLY 3 ON THE AMP WAS THERE A SPLITTER USED OR SOMETHING?

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. DOING A REPORT AT WORK.

21 minutes ago, sandroosten said:

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP

WITH 5 RCA'S IN THE CABINET, BUT ONLY 3 ON THE AMP WAS THERE A SPLITTER USED OR SOMETHING?

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. DOING A REPORT AT WORK.

Buy a 5 channel amp they are made to run 4 speakers and a sub. 5 RCA input plugs, 5 hookups for the speakers. On the power side there is one positive +12v usually a red wire, one ground, and one trigger wire from the head unit that supplies 12v to tell the amp to turn on. Usually a small gauge blue wire. A test light will help remove doubt if you aren't sure what wire is what. As for what speaker is what, you will have to plug one in at a time to figure out what is what. 

23 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Buy a 5 channel amp they are made to run 4 speakers and a sub. 5 RCA input plugs, 5 hookups for the speakers. On the power side there is one positive +12v usually a red wire, one ground, and one trigger wire from the head unit that supplies 12v to tell the amp to turn on. Usually a small gauge blue wire. A test light will help remove doubt if you aren't sure what wire is what. As for what speaker is what, you will have to plug one in at a time to figure out what is what. 

What he said short and simple. Keep in mind there could have been more than one amp in there ? Also there is a live wire in that mess. My guess is the white one with a wire nut on it.