Sign in to follow this  
Jake69chevy

Smallest 17 Feet Garage Space Toy Hauler?

My sandrail is 16.5 feet long. I have a 2004 Chevy Suburban K1500 5.3 liter with tow package. Is there any toy hauler out there with 17 feet of garage space that I could tow safely and leave the paddle tires on? (Talk about a huge wish list) I know the ideal solution is to get a truck, but we think we want a 4th child (at some point) so its pretty much a Suburban or Excursion. If not, what is the smallest toy hauler with a 17 foot garage?

Not going to happen with a 1/2 ton suburban and feel remotely safe.

17' feet of storage  plus a kitchen and bathroom is getting you in the 26-28+ territory and the weight of those units are way past where you should be.

u must live in Utah or Idaho :bigrin

14 minutes ago, MWB said:

Not going to happen with a 1/2 ton suburban and feel remotely safe.

17' feet of storage  plus a kitchen and bathroom is getting you in the 26-28+ territory and the weight of those units are way past where you should be.

That is what I figured. Would an Excursion 7.3 or a K2500 8.1 Suburban tow a 26-28 foot car hauler safely? 

Welcome.......

Your tow vehicle is good for about 8,000lbs. And I would just assume your car weighs about 2k or a tad more. You will not find a TH with that amount of space needed that your vehicle will tow. I would look into an enclosed trailer under 6,000 lbs but at that your still maxed out

8 minutes ago, Jake69chevy said:

That is what I figured. Would an Excursion 7.3 or a K2500 8.1 Suburban tow a 26-28 foot car hauler safely? 

A buddy of mine had a 33ft bumper pull behind his 6.0 excursion and never had a problem other than blown driveline U joints but that was problem with the lift and angle more than anything else.

7 minutes ago, Jake69chevy said:

Yes both of those are 3/4 ton and would be able to haul larger toy haulers and enclosed trailers.  The 2005 and newer Weekend Warrior FS3000 is a pretty common unit and can be found for $8K to 15K depending on age and condition that would have 2-3 queen sized beds plus  one or two single size beds and haul your sand car.

1 minute ago, MWB said:

Yes both of those are 3/4 ton and would be able to haul larger toy haulers and enclosed trailers.  The 2005 and newer Weekend Warrior FS3000 is a pretty common unit and can be found for $8K to 15K depending on age and condition that would have 2-3 queen sized beds plus  one or two single size beds and haul your sand car.

This is the trailer i have, i tow it with a 3500 duramax.  The guy i bought it from towed with a 6.0 excursion and had no issues

Posted (edited)

Look at Carson they have some options:

http://www.carsontrailer.com/subs/trailers/rv-sport/rv-sport.html

my buddy had the 26’, put a 5 seat Buggy works inside and towed with 1/2 ton without any issues. 

He did change his rear tires and backed the car in for better weight distribution. 

Edited by pennywise

Posted (edited)

Genesis made a half a dozen 28FB's in 2016.  They weighed 6500 empty and have 16' 7" of garage space to the first cabinet.  I spent a little over a year tracking them all down and finally bought one from a board member who bought the last one new from Cactus.  It will fit my 4 seat v8 S&S with the paddles on but I'd still put rollers on it and pull the car in backwards.  I may sell my car in October and won't need the trailer.  PM me if you are interested.  I got a good deal on it and would let it go for cheap.

https://www.recreationalvehiclemarket.com/vehicle-2016-New-Genesis-Supreme-GENESIS-SUPREME-28-FB-Toy-Hauler-in-Arizona-AZ-114207285.html

Edited by fmyth

http://www.carsontrailer.com/subs/trailers/rv-sport/pull-front-kitchen/fl/fl.html

22 foot with 16.8  space - this one is Half Ton towable, with the aluminum siding, and has the smaller tanks for less weight

24 foot with 17 foot, space

They exist, Carson Fun Runner and Titan models with front kitchen / toilet and shower in the closet models are your best bet.

Plus they are sturdy ass toy haulers...built well.

I went on a massive search for this. My unique situation made it so I needed: A toyhauler no longer that 28ft with tongue (what my parking spot allowed), had a garage big enough for a full size car, and was light enough loaded to be pulled by my 5.4 F150 (couldn't get a bigger truck due to parking restrictions). Given my truck is nearly the highest rated half ton truck at 11k pounds (I would never pull that much) and I outfitted the rear end of the truck to pull more. I ended up finding a used 24ft Carson Fun Runner that I completely redid (thread attached). It fits my 4 seat full size desert dynamics backed in with skinny tires on. Completely loaded I'm upwards of 9300lbs which makes it a workout of a tow, but I take my time and make it just fine. It would be towed by a 7.3 Excursion no problem.

I had a Carson fun run or too, a 22 foot that had a 16 foot garage for my Sandcar and it was one of the best trailers for the price I’ve ever owned.