tjZ06

SOLD - 20' Universal Stacker - Ready for G (144 gallons of fuel & 80 gallons water)

Hey GD,

I'm selling my 20' box Universal Stacker.  The overall length is just over 24', so you can truly be CA-legal behind a 40' RV.  With  my 2017 Newmar Dutch Star (also for sale, PM for details) which measures 40' 9" I came in at 64' 10-3/4" total.  This is a "ramp" style stacker, rather than being a post-lift which makes it ideally suited to a SxS up top, and a big rail underneath (or 2 SxSs).  The ramp-style is a simple design with less to go wrong, and it also keeps overall weight down.  I happily tow this with my 3/4 Ton Chevy on a regular basis, not something you'd really want to do with a traditional heavy stacker.  

I have this thing FULLY kitted out for Glamis (or other dune or dirt riding).  It has... 

• 50 gallon fuel tank under trailer (new within last year from New Trend Custom Trailer)
  • 94 gallon fuel tank inside trailer
    • Both tanks are plumbed to use the same fuel pump and nozzle with a valve to select tanks - easily bring 50 gallons of 91 for your RZR and 94 gallons of E85 or Race Gas for your rail!
  • 80 gallons of fresh water with transfer pump (new pump within last year) 
  • ~97" door opening (I can get an exact measurement for serious buyers this weekend) 
  • Hard-mounted Toolbox 
  • Loading Winch located in bottom-right door of tool box (we removed the door and put the face of the door on a hinge to hide the winch) 
  • Platform winch can also be used as loading winch for upper platform (I always just drove the RZR up)
  • Fold-down work bench (still folds down above fuel tank and tool box) 
  • Overhead storage in front 
  • Air compressor with 75 foot hose real (compressor and real in "attic" but the air hose drops through the deck so you can easily get to it without even stepping in the trailer, compressor is on a switch that you can also reach without going in the trailer, this is the reel: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003THUDTO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )
    • 75 feet means you can reach every tire on your coach and the stacker, as well as half the buggies in camp ;)
  • 50 foot Flexzilla extension cord reel just inside the door - easily get power wherever you need to work on the toys 
  • Goodyear G614 tires - these are the ONLY tires you should consider running on a stacker.  2 are new within the last 18mo, for full asking price I will replace the other 2.  (NOTE: the 2 I took off were about 7 years old and had ZERO cracks or delamination  and showed tons of tread, they would have been fine to run for many more years but I like to be cautious)
  • New 12V LED floodlights outside trailer (converted from previous 110V halogens) 
  • New 12V LED lighting inside
    • Tons of LED lighting on the bottom side of the "attic" for getting work done in the trailer at night 
  • Lots of tie-down points
  • Brand new complete brake clusters all around 
  • Entire 12V system (including water pump for transferring your fresh water and the fuel pump) just rewired with new fuse panel (by New Trend) 
  • Lift was also converted to have the lifting cables at either side of the platform with all new pulleys and cable, rather than the center-lift you see in the pics (makes loading way easier, you don't have to detach the lifting cable now) 
  • Tongue is setup for hard-mounting a Honda 3000 generator with a diamond-plate box to cover it (Honda 3000 NOT included) 
  • Repainted ~3 years ago 

I'm sure there is a ton more I'm forgetting, so feel free to ask questions. The only negative on the trailer is the man-door is starting to show some rust bubbles, I will get pics ASAP. 

SOLD - trailer is located in Northern California, but I'm willing to meet a buyer from SoCal halfway. 

LKxpWmP.jpg

hIatDx3.jpg

Note: these pics were before the flood lights were swapped to 12V LED

MPxciYf.jpg

Tows very comfortably with my 3/4 Ton.  I picked it up ~6hrs from home and towed it home with a 4-seat, long-travel Rhino in it with no issues.  I've towed it with my truck with the Potter and a RZR in it as well. 

NeY9HuA.jpg

Note: this was before the lifting cable was moved.  The green reel you see up front by the man-door is the power cord reel.  The compressor and air reel are up in the loft.  You can see the tool box (smaller Craftsman box sitting on top is NOT included) and the winch is hidden behind the bottom right drawer.  94 gallon fuel tank to the right of the tool box.  You can also see the workbench folded down. 

An0339i.jpg

Truly CA Legal behind my 40' 9" RV

w0gRDoz.jpg

G6AeLVF.jpg

Plenty of room to spare with my Potter car in it.  Note, my Potter was nearly 16' long even though it was a 2 seat car, it was on a 125" wheelbase.  2 Seat RZR up top, but New Trend Custom Trailer extended the deck so a 4 Seat will fit now. 

Brjl5IP.jpg

4tRm8M4.jpg

uXCNNd8.jpg

b2H5ibg.jpg

rvzMJqC.jpg

XjSf53e.jpg

Newer pics with the LED lights.  The D&D sticker is just vinyl and I can remove it if you'd like. 

e7O5uPH.jpg

Bp7N31t.jpg

CxVQMw1.jpg

Nice low floor means the ramp isn't very steep and it will easily accommodate muscle cars!  

Edited by tjZ06

I've towed this trailer around several times and it tows straight as an arrow. Hardly even feel it behind your truck. I can tell you first hand, anybody buying something from TJ is guaranteed to be satisfied as he builds/maintains everything he owns with an open checkbook. This trailer will need nothing in terms of maintenance to the new buyer. Hook it up and go.

Interested, PM sent.

TJ only owns top dollar $hit, so someone is getting a bad ass trailer. I wasn't even allowed to look at his trailer or moho by my wife. But it is really bad ass set up!

I am interested in your trailer. Can you send me your number so I can call you. 

Tim

tmulthaupt@morrow-meadows.com

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Tim

1-800-quitter

2 minutes ago, cek said:

1-800-quitter

Lol - I think you need my coach. 

5 hours ago, hondajimz said:

I've towed this trailer around several times and it tows straight as an arrow. Hardly even feel it behind your truck. I can tell you first hand, anybody buying something from TJ is guaranteed to be satisfied as he builds/maintains everything he owns with an open checkbook. This trailer will need nothing in terms of maintenance to the new buyer. Hook it up and go.

Thanks Jim. 

4 hours ago, rebandweb said:

Interested, PM sent.

Good talking to you earlier. 

3 hours ago, urclever said:

TJ only owns top dollar $hit, so someone is getting a bad ass trailer. I wasn't even allowed to look at his trailer or moho by my wife. But it is really bad ass set up!

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Tim

I emailed you my number. 

I've had this trailer behind my coach and towed great.  Also towed it with my 2500HD.

20171029_111041.jpg

20171031_122737.jpg

What are the axles rates for?  I have the exact same trailer, with a rear fixed loft instead of the ramp platform.  With my 2 seat alumicraft prerunner, loaded toolbox up front like you've got, and no fuel in the trailer, I had 8900lbs on the axles.  They are 5000lb axles.  I can't imagine I'd be under 10k if I added a 2 seat RZR and 100 gallons of fuel.  Been considering upgrading the axles to allow use as a stacker.  Just curious how yours is setup.  Great trailer and GLWS.

Maybe I need to load my car in backwards to get more tongue weight and less on the axles?  I'm assuming you used a weight distribution hitch?  You can PM if you want.  Thanks.

Evan

2 hours ago, evantwheeler said:

What are the axles rates for?  I have the exact same trailer, with a rear fixed loft instead of the ramp platform.  With my 2 seat alumicraft prerunner, loaded toolbox up front like you've got, and no fuel in the trailer, I had 8900lbs on the axles.  They are 5000lb axles.  I can't imagine I'd be under 10k if I added a 2 seat RZR and 100 gallons of fuel.  Been considering upgrading the axles to allow use as a stacker.  Just curious how yours is setup.  Great trailer and GLWS.

Maybe I need to load my car in backwards to get more tongue weight and less on the axles?  I'm assuming you used a weight distribution hitch?  You can PM if you want.  Thanks.

Evan

Hey Evan, great Qs and probably best if I answer here so anybody considering the trailer can see.  The honest answer is I actually don't know the rating of the axles.  I believe John from Outfront was the original owner of this trailer, maybe he can chime in?  I do know there are 6k 6-lug axles, and that's what I imagine this thing has, but I'm not guaranteeing that.  When I first bought it I was going to swap to 8-lug axles and wheels... then a friend (probably LRS) pointed something out: this trailer is a 2006 or 2007... it's been working great for 10 years now, and never had an axle issue, why mess with it?  As some of you know I'm pretty bad at the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing... but this time I actually went with it.  

As for weights, the only time I weighed it was on my way to the Idaho Dunes last summer, hitched up to my RV.  I had my Potter rail in the stacker (about 2600-2700lbs) and our 2016 XP Turbo (about 1700 lbs) as well as all the tools, spares, a full set of dirts for the RZR, and general "stuff" for a 10+ day IDRV trip:

received_10213930343878396_zpsynbhwhfy.j

20170602_152844_zpsmuedouh1.jpg

As you can see, it's ~10,600 on the trailer, and I'm guessing about 2k of tongue weight so ~12.5k lbs total.  I'm sure it's right at the axle rating, but again this is how the trailer has been used for 10 years without issue.  The entire brake units are new all the way around with fresh bearings and all of that too.  

I actually never used a weight distro hitch with it, but it wouldn't hurt.  With the tag axle on the Dutch Star it really doesn't need much help (and obviously the coach auto-levels).  That said, if you don't have a tag or just want to be a bit more even you could easily add a distro hitch.  

Emptied the stacker out today and got some pics and measurements.  I didn't have a chance to clean it inside or out, so this is as dirty as she gets. 

Loaded with Long Travel Z1 XP4 and XPT Fox Edition up top, tons of extra room with just RZRs in it.  You can see the new cable arrangement here too:

xcBWTEp.jpg

xbYiwZn.jpg

New wiring and 12V fuse box by New Trend:

WpAow1r.jpg

Generator box on tongue: 

4uqj9NK.jpg

4QclMef.jpg

Generator box taken off, note the 4 holes in the diamond plate, those are at the exact locations to bolt down a Honda 3000 and have tube frame run under to back them:

Cyiqx2g.jpg

I made this little pigtail to hook the trailer up to regular 15 amp 110:

KCz0lFt.jpg

With the pigtail off, it is wired to go straight into a Honda 3k:

YkJhgYO.jpg

Exterior LED Flood Lights:

2YP4HY8.jpg

Battery box up front in loft, we added this so that the winch at the front of the trailer doesn't have a ridiculously long power lead to the battery box at the back of the trailer for the platform winch:

83BcbLE.jpg

Length of the upper ramp: 

icEfNu8.jpg

Width of the upper ramp: 

EtvFh0H.jpg

Shots w/ ramp down, new LEDs etc:

gHce1Bt.jpg

57G0qpB.jpg

KSLyU3x.jpg

Some of the littler interior LEDs we put under the loft, cabinets, etc:

eAyMK1T.jpg

110V power box/breaker panel:

dFU0p4f.jpg

Loft area:

YWAeCdn.jpg

Length of loft area:

MTW3OiR.jpg

Air compressor and hose reel up in the loft:

yYDfitx.jpg

TDzm919.jpg

Fuel station:

4vrk2zK.jpg

Gauge for fuel station and fuel pump switch (gauge only works for the under-belly tank):

3I4PgZ1.jpg

Lighting up at the ceiling, both 110V and 12V (I didn't have it plugged in at the time I took the pic, so the 110V is off):

BBse3gm.jpg

Extension cord real, 110V breaker panel, and 12V charger (charges both batteries, they are tied together):

nTGp82A.jpg

Winch in tool-box:

bXVy50Z.jpg

Water-transfer hose-bib and switch (this is up under the front right corner of the trailer, aka closest to where your coach's water hookup will be):

l7yY166.jpg

I grabbed this pic to show the nice, shallow ramp-door angle.  My '67 Camaro with Long Tube headers had NO issues going in/out:

743o4Zq.jpg

Width at the wheel-wells:

cmh3F8F.jpg

Width or rear-door opening:

5NlMlVw.jpg

Valve to switch pump between fuel tanks:

KyzcMdB.jpg

Winch for upper deck, back battery box, etc (one note: with the winch cables moved you wouldn't be able to use the spare tire mount... I just always kept it down on the bottom anyway because it seemed like it'd be a PITA to get to with cars loaded and all up there): 

QnYujq6.jpg

Edited by tjZ06

TJ, This is mike stanley I bought your potter! Will this fit my potter and my g6 funco?

Wow, Nice!

What's next????

:cheers: 

4 hours ago, detailmgr said:

TJ, This is mike stanley I bought your potter! Will this fit my potter and my g6 funco?

Hey Mike, if you still have my number give me a ring.  I'll PM it to you too.  I think the short answer, unfortunately is "no."  I'm sure it can be done but this stacker is much better suited to having a SxS and a big car (or multiple SxSs).  

1 hour ago, dbart said:

Wow, Nice!

What's next????

:cheers: 

Downsizing a bit for the activities we're doing these days.  I sold the Potter (to Mike above) and we're just running RZRs.  I'm looking at a smaller 4x4 RV and a "regular" box trailer to better fit in the parks in the Tahoe National Forrest that are ~1.5hrs from my house, or Mammoth and other SxS stuff.  We'll still do G too.  

TTT

-TJ

The season is coming up...

-TJ

Is there a lottery to get TJS spot in RR estates :)

1 hour ago, 2011BFD said:

Is there a lottery to get TJS spot in RR estates :)

It's included with the purchase of my trailer or RV... you better grab one! 

4 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

It's included with the purchase of my trailer or RV... you better grab one! 

Man that's an expensive spot.

My wife and I just had this same conversation about the sand car and maybe getting an X3 and doing more off road adventures and less duning. Some for us is  some of  the people in our group. Maybe we just need to find some new people to go with?

Sorry we never got out there together, always seemed to be different weekends

TTT

-TJ

SOLD 

-TJ

congrats tj

Congratulations did this bad boy go to a GD member?

On 9/5/2018 at 7:23 PM, tjZ06 said:

SOLD 

-TJ

Nice.