Buggydave

Opinions on selling my buggy

Testing the waters as they say, or looking for opinions on price, ect. on my buggy. I REALLY don't want to, but due to health and job issues over the last 5 or so years, I am coming to the conclusion that it may be best to sell it to help pay off some bills and move on with my life. I have been to the dunes 1 time in like 6 years or so and will hopefully be starting a new job soon and wont be able to use it this year either. So, I have been watching prices a little and the ones I have seen for sale similar to mine have sometimes been higher than I thought, and some seem dirt cheap, so I am not sure what I would ask for it. here are the details and some pics.
Sand Limo Squirt Plus, Honda 3.0 low mile motor, bus trans built for honda by AZ Transaxle, SL hood, dash, wing trunk, etc., Intercom w/60 watt radio, brand new STU paddles, Brand new Fox coilovers w/piggyback in front, King bypasses in rear, brand new LED lightbar and side shooter pods, Momo wheel, etc.....  The car is basically brand new. Been to dunes 2 trips, (and desert 1 day before powdercoating.)  Just sits in my garage collecting dust, but gets driven around neighborhood giving my nephews rides. I also have a 24' open RV trailer w/toolboxes that will be for sale either with car, or after car sells for $3k.

Thanks, Dave

PICT0201.JPG

PICT0204.JPG

PICT0165.JPG

20161219_163248.jpg

Please note: The shocks on the car in picture are NOT what is on it, it has new Black Fox shocks w/silver springs. Also, it has an LED lightbar, no more HID bar. 

I would be interested in it if the buyer for my car pulls through, I really like the sand limo squirt chassis, was hoping to move up to a car with a 2d and bigger motor but swapping to a 3.5 Honda wouldn’t be hard in yours. As for price I’ve seen them ranging between 10-15k, obviously yours is super clean so would be on the high end! Good luck with sale! 

Great looking car.  Any motor work or stock?

I'm interested as well. 

As for price, like you've noticed it can vary.  Really depends on what you're willing to accept.   Some won't accept less than X, and hold until they get it.  While the object continues to depreciate.   Think there's still a high $$ Rhino for sale on here somewhere. 

In the end, you only need one buyer.  Decide what you'll accept,  now or later. 

Edited by azcg

I have a 2005 Squirt with similar components, but purchased with non-inter cooled boosted 3.5 ,  2D, power steering and in ok aesthetic condition, but no GPS.  I paid $14k three years ago, in May.   

Your car is a very nice, clean package with good components and agree with Getpitted453, list it at the high end of the range - someone's going to get an awesome,  reliable car. 

These cars are so nimble and fun to drive with plenty of power with an n/a setup.  GLWTS!

I would say 15k is on the high end only due to the VW trans and no front brakes. The market has been soft the past year or so.  The good news is that it's a 2 seater and extremely clean so it should sell fairly quick if you post it. 

Also sorry to hear about the health and job issues. Best of luck to you. 

Edited by hondajimz

wait till Halloween or a week before.  bypass car that clean I would hold out for the 15.  post for 17 and see what happens.  I think you better put it on facebook and race dez.  

Facebook pages related to Glamis Pismo or Idaho will get you a ton of traffic. Well worth the trouble of signing up for Facebook if you don’t use it. Race dezert also. 

Nice car, I would think you’ll get 15 fairly easy if it looks as good as it does in those pictures. It’s a reasonable price and gives the new owner opportunity to make some simple upgrades like front brakes if they want to. 

Thanks for the responses. It is in as good as shape as in the photos as that was the last time it was cleaned. lol Since these photos it has just gotten dusty from the garage and dust storms as I have a problem liking to watch the storms roll in in the driveway. The only thing that has changed since photos is I took off HID's, and put on the LED as well as the Fox shocks. It would be easy to add front brakes if someone wanted as the spindles have the bracket for the calipers already, but I never added as I didn't think it needed as it only weighs 1600lbs.

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I've looked these before.  Not sure if it would fit in my trailer.  Plus I need to sell my stuff first... :lol:

1 minute ago, Mac said:

I've looked these before.  Not sure if it would fit in my trailer.  Plus I need to sell my stuff first... :lol:

sounds like excuses to me... :lol:

I believe it is a little over 13' with wing on FYI. I can get it and my 2 seat RZR900 on a 24' trailer with no problem.

Due to recent health issues and not being able to get back to work yet I am going to be listing this car real soon! I still need to get the dust washed off but have not been feeling good lately, so hopefully in the next week. I had a few people message me about it a while back but lost their info, so I you messaged me interested in it pm me again. Car is basically ready to go other than washing dust off. I am thinking starting at $17,500. Once I get it clean I will post in for sale section and Fb pages.

Dammit....

20 minutes ago, Mac said:

Dammit....

I'm heading to Phoenix next week if you need it transported mac :hug:

Super nice car - should sell fast - sorry to hear of the issues Dave - sending ya positive vibes

Edited by QueenGlamis

16 minutes ago, QueenGlamis said:

I'm heading to Phoenix next week if you need it transported mac :hug:

Super nice car - should sell fast - sorry to hear of the issues Dave - sending ya positive vibes

Someone needs to buy my sh*t NOW!!!  I NEED this!

11 hours ago, Buggydave said:

What are you selling Mac?

He is selling a Harley, A 900 Razor.

A few here were messaging me on this a while back. I had it sold a while back with a deposit (check) with promise for rest in week or two tops. That turned into almost 2 months with excuse after excuse then no more response from the guy, and he stopped payment on check also! So, its for sale again officially with new pics in the for sale section. And no the guy wasn't from here! Or you all would know by now. LOL

9 minutes ago, Buggydave said:

A few here were messaging me on this a while back. I had it sold a while back with a deposit (check) with promise for rest in week or two tops. That turned into almost 2 months with excuse after excuse then no more response from the guy, and he stopped payment on check also! So, its for sale again officially with new pics in the for sale section. And no the guy wasn't from here! Or you all would know by now. LOL

jackass

I would think around 14.5 -15K is about what I haves seen them for,  4 seat feels pulls in another $1k  and if you had front brakes with beadlocks another $1K

The person that bought this car is part of our Yuma bunch.  All you that thought of getting this car and drug your feet THANK YOU.  Dan just got back today from picking up the car and all I can say is this is one well taken care of, and the clean'st cars I'v seen in a long time.   I could not find a grain of sand anywhere on the car.  Not a scratch one and more by far stuff on it then OP advertised.   Going make a quick run to Butter Cup tomorrow and get it sandy.