SANDBAM

2008 FUNCO - 440 LS7 - Albins 5spd - sold

Sold  2008 Funco Big5

Built by Funco - GEN4 with big drivetrain with minimal use

3rd owner - original owner and 2nd owner also used very little  - car was ran for a total of just 4 seasons since built - I purchased it last season, went through entire car and made it all right - see thread here

https://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?/forums/topic/352551-back-in-the-saddle/

I myself only went to the dunes 2 times last year - The car is in excellent shape - ready for the season  

Am selling because work is cranking busy and I dont see an end in sight - car will sit again if I dont sell - also selling truck and trailer

Between the Funco build, the Albins trans, and the 440 LS7 motor, this car is overbuilt - and ready to run the dunes hard!

Details

440 LS7 - dry sump -  542 HP / 510 torque to wheels - Just did oil change

Albins 5 speed sequential - trans fluid just changed

Albins gear indicator 

Mefi B computer

934 Cvs serviced/greased

King Shocks 2.5 with bypass

Baja Designs light bar, front lights and A pillar lights

35 x 10 x 15 shaved baja pros excellent cond

17 x 14.50 dune sports - excellent cond 

1 7/8 turning brake

Jettrims - fronts are heated - not hooked up 

Color Garmin GPS

Car to car and Intercom - 4 head sets included

2 into 1 Tom Face exhaust

Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump

Aeromotive pre and post fuel filters

Aeromotive fuel regulator

175 amp alternator 

Dual batteries - new

New dual lighted (red) safe glow whips -  American Flags included !

Clean AZ title in my name

Located in PHX

FUNCO VIN# FMSCET2K71800132

Ben 

6o2-91o-2o14

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_4560.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG

IMG_5934.JPG

IMG_5937.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

IMG_5940.JPG

IMG_5941.JPG

IMG_5942.JPG

IMG_5944.JPG

IMG_5945.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5964.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_5969.JPG

IMG_5977.JPG

IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_5961.JPG

IMG_5971.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

shifter.JPG

shifter 2.JPG

IMG_3302.JPG

IMG_5967.JPG

IMG_3962.JPG

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5983.JPG

Edited by SANDBAM
Car jSold

Nicest Gen4 I have ever seen. GLWTS 

Absolutely beautiful good luck 

dear God! it looks BRAND NEW!!!! DAAAAAM!  what a sweet car!

Nice Funco.. Was this car owned by Doug at TMW before you bought it? Just curious if it’s the same car

Bad Ass Car.   GLWTS

Bitchin car !!!  Set up absolutely perfect !!  Great price for what it is

Thanks for all the comments

Edited by SANDBAM

Beautiful car and the perfect powertrain, GLWTS

Beautiful Car

Say Whaaaaaaat?

There is nothing wrong with the car but I think Ben has a screw loose somewhere!:rbj: GLWTS

Super clean

haha ! you're not the only one who's said that...:blury: thanks for the.:bump:   

TTT 

Edited by SANDBAM

Someone needs to buy this before I start looking for ways to sell one of my kids!

Love this car!

14 minutes ago, AZDUNERAT said:

Someone needs to buy this before I start looking for ways to sell one of my kids!

Love this car!

You'd still be 75,499 short. :funny: 

Beautiful car with bullet proof drive train.  

12 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

You'd still be 75,499 short. :funny: 

Beautiful car with bullet proof drive train.  

Really.....thats all little blonde headed children are getting these day????  Anyone know what a good kidney will get me?

Here's  a conversation  I thought I'd share that I was having about the older Funco cars versus the newer ones.  - I've had both lighter weight cars and the beefier v8 funco cars - dialogue talks about progression and  Evolution of Funco  

- these days the cars and motors are bigger faster heavier - the dune lines they can take are at the max for the lighter weight Funco's 

again those cars represents the pinnacle of duning when technology was different and lightweight and quick was the focus - Subie and 2d cars

- this car is built on and is a result of Funco's evolving idea of what duning is now -  and I do mean what Funco is doing and building now, the GEN4 chassis is still generally the basis of technology and engineering- and with this big horse power motor and over built large transmission - this is what they are currently putting in their F9's and latest and greatest cars - albeit with continued refinement in all aspects of the car and the suspension and of course the interiors

This car still has incredible handling - is a sliding and crazy capable car through the dunes -  but through larger transitions- more extreme lines - better capabilities and abilities in the dunes - 

The motor has incredible  torque  and snap - with it being the stroked LS7 and the frame and weight of the car is built to be able to handle it and withstand that type of power and not break itself 

And the Albins is really a key part of the car - I have no thoughts in any way of breaking this drivetrain as I dune - 

in some ways this car is the heavy duty version of what the older big5/ hustler are - is overbuilt for duning - it will not break itself as you use it - 

The longer wheel base and heavy car will feel different for sure compared to the lighter weight cars -   But they are not an apples to apples comparison - very different intentions with these cars

Essentially what you have now is the opportunity to do the same crazy turning and sliding Funco shit but at a speed and in terrain window that would have never been an option in the lighter weight cars - 

I think this window of capability starts well beyond where that window would have closed on those cars -  not that it's not possible in those lightweight cars it it's just a different duning experience, more of the ragged edge and skipping across the top of dunes in those cars 

all of this is just funco being a funco at the next level - another level altogether 

But this particular big5 also still retains many of those base funco values

low center of gravity

no excess of paneling or added weight 

over built frame and 934s and 100% visibility without a hood or additional  paneling 

i think of it as a stripped down core version of what is being made now - 

I am definitely sad to sell this car as I think it is the ultimate perfect Funco for me  -  gives me the four seats that I was looking for to bring friends and family but is really an unbreakable duning car with this transmission. I can also upgrade the motor and will never outgrow the transmission 

I see where someone would be torn going to a v8car from a subie or honda car as I was. But to have that safety and reliability of driving really hard and never having a car that's going to be maxed out by anything that I do or I put it through -  I'll  go with the  V-8 car all day.   Never have to worry about breaking the motor or rebuilding it's just a beast back there  as I said you will have to give up quicker and more light weight duning  style - 

you gain advantages  in being able to drive at a completely higher level then your lighter weight car could ever achieve- is just more stable and faster in more extreme duning -  

you will still be able to run the tight stuff - our group loves the small stuff - especially buttercup! I have a blast in this car in those dunes - again the torque of the motor allows me to drive and turn with the rear of the car

so they are different cars for sure - but the experience evolves -  

I think you'd  get a real kick out of seeing what this v8 car can do  - you'll soon realize it's not a comparison anymore about what the cars can and can't do - it's more about what the ideas and dreams that Gil the mad scientist and the funco family is wanting to achieve with the evolution of the experience in driving a funco 

Edited by SANDBAM