AZDUNERAT

Took em long enough

1 minute ago, AZDUNERAT said:

https://rzr.polaris.com/en-us/rzr-xp-4-turbo-s/

Competition is good! Now for the real question, how long before we have a $40K factory SXS

At least Polaris gives you Ride Command, full doors, harnesses and some features with that $30,499 price tag.  I have a few friends that have been waiting for the release of the 4 seat Turbo S.  Looks like a nice car and the cage does not look as bad as it does on the 2 seat version. 

I am kind of hoping that Can Am cut corners in order to bring the X3 out at a margin they could justify in case it missed the point. Now that it is firmly established as competition for the RzR you kind of hope they will start to address some of the short comings on the car.

These things dont happen overnight, look how long it took Polaris to make basic changes to the RzR even after Can Am handed them their own ass.

Well I can tell you one thing the 2 seater is  awesome can’t wait to try the 4seater 8739A77E-3D71-43BF-ADCA-C9D10713BBAE.thumb.png.14ea3984fa59f2e72cc42cc2d3756e2e.png

Edited by DEV'S RZR

Over 33K with tax and license plus whatever fees the dealer adds on.  A fool and his money will buy a Gayolf carts.  

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

4 seat turbo S is a really nice car.  Built very well and offers a lot of cool stuff.  They will sell a lot of them.

Polaris did their homework.  

667D214D-0618-43FA-8363-363930F0AB03.jpeg

B3562D50-0EF3-449E-8788-AB46CD8A8121.jpeg

E319C795-9222-434F-A1E6-494449303181.jpeg

Get rid of all the plastic crap and give it 400hp and I'd go look at them. Until then they just do nothing for me. 

I like the New RZR I also like the Can am Max..will I buy one...Not likely...For myself I can't justify the 40k or close to it price tag and then all the things you wanna add to them....I thought to myself the other day where does the Price tag stop?? I mean when everyone was buying rhino's and earlier RZRs and so on they were into them lets just say 10k-20k....That wasnt alot compared to the cost of a buggy..Now the NEW Sxs market is catching up too the Used Sandcar market and Even the Jeep market...So where does it stop?? I dont have that answer for sure because all the dealers selll them as fast as they can fiance them...

A friend of mine said it perfectly about his Can am...He said its his Swiss army Knife...It does the sand OK it does the Rocks OK and the trails and desert Ok but its Not perfect for just One thing...but does it all...so how much will someone pay for a swiss army knife...

I do however like the brands coming out with new stuff because its fun to watch...

1 hour ago, SandTrap said:

I like the New RZR I also like the Can am Max..will I buy one...Not likely...For myself I can't justify the 40k or close to it price tag and then all the things you wanna add to them....I thought to myself the other day where does the Price tag stop?? I mean when everyone was buying rhino's and earlier RZRs and so on they were into them lets just say 10k-20k....That wasnt alot compared to the cost of a buggy..Now the NEW Sxs market is catching up too the Used Sandcar market and Even the Jeep market...So where does it stop?? I dont have that answer for sure because all the dealers selll them as fast as they can fiance them...

A friend of mine said it perfectly about his Can am...He said its his Swiss army Knife...It does the sand OK it does the Rocks OK and the trails and desert Ok but its Not perfect for just One thing...but does it all...so how much will someone pay for a swiss army knife...

I do however like the brands coming out with new stuff because its fun to watch...

Thats a good summation of the Sport SxS market.

I also love their versatility,  i just can't justify their current price range.

I do watch the used market like a hawk...alot of great deals if your looking.

The beauty of the market is there is something in all the price points.  Plenty of great SXSs in the 20,000 and under price range.  You can even get a 4 seat turbo Polaris for under 20,000.  

If if you want the top of the line, then like anything else you are going to pay.  Just remember when Polaris released the XP1000 at 19,999 people were flipping out saying it was too much.  Now anything at $20,000 or under is a bargain.  Lol!  

A SXS is not a one truck pony.  There is a better value in having a SXS for most because they can be used in so many areas.

10 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Over 33K with tax and license plus whatever fees the dealer adds on.  A fool and his money will buy a Gayolf carts.  

What about golf carts that don't identify as Gay? What about Bob?  :dunno:

Seriously, the hate on SxS’s is funny to me. Yes I had a second year rhino and it was A LOT of money back then, to me the rhino was the true Swiss Army knife analogy. It didn’t do anything great but could do everything. My X3 is much different, it hauls ass wherever I point it. Now I haven’t had it in the sand yet but so far it has been amazing wherever I have taken it.  I will be into this about 35k (all in)after this weekend(adding the intercom) and that will tap me out. 

Yes that’s used Funco range but I have a 4 year warranty and the damn thing just works. Unlike the used funco where you have a 60/40 ratio of riding to wrenching. My can Am is also a 4 season machine. During the summer we were up north rocking some forest roads and back trails. Now we are moving to dune season. Where Buggies get their 4 months of use them get parked for the summer. 

I remember when  the X3 came out, Canam stated they would be  releasing a new model every 6 months. I wonder what happened to that schedule?

30k + for something that in every video I have watched, the gas pedal is pushed as far as it will go and sounds like the machine is gonna blow up when climbing a dune?

No thanks. There's guy's that like to go fast and there's guy's that like side by sides. 

I don't hate the machine it is what it is, a cheaply built, under powered, over priced, mass produced money maker for the companies that build them. What I hate about them are the sign and drive idiots that buy them. Many (not all) never learned to ride a motorcycle or quad. They never progressed, never risked injury for the trill of a long leap through the air. It is the prefect millennial machine kinda like a safe space for the soy boys.  The typical SxS driver is a clueless dick bag, I can't count how many times one has blindly cut in front of me cut into may group nearly side swiped me. What I do find funny is how many think they are fast and can hang with a 600+ hp car when they have a smaller motor then my street bike. What I do hate most about them is the total lack of respect for the desert most of owners have, broken belt are not biodegradable. 

I also looked at my car and there is nothing that says I can only use it for 4 months. I must have forgot to put that on when I built it. :sraptor:

1 hour ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

The typical SxS driver is a clueless dick bag

Now.........that's some funny sh!t right there.

wise-quotes-from-george-carlin-8.jpg

On 9/15/2018 at 9:40 AM, socaldmax said:

I remember when  the X3 came out, Canam stated they would be  releasing a new model every 6 months. I wonder what happened to that schedule?

They have released a new model every 6 months.  The came out with the Maverick Trail (50", 60" and 64" wide models).  They released a 4 seat version of the Maverick Trail.  They have released new models in the Defender line and new models in the X3 line as well.  

I got to check out the new 4 seat Turbo S at the Sand Show.  It was nice to see Polaris at the show with the frame cut away.  You can see Polaris really beefed up the frame, suspension and drive train to handle the 32" tires.    It is a really nice SXS and I am pretty sure they will sell a lot of them, even at the $30,499 price tag.  

5 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

They have released a new model every 6 months.  The came out with the Maverick Trail (50", 60" and 64" wide models).  They released a 4 seat version of the Maverick Trail.  They have released new models in the Defender line and new models in the X3 line as well.  

I see!

I guess you have to be on the mailing list to get  the memos.  I haven't heard of any of those models on here or any UTV sites.

10 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I see!

I guess you have to be on the mailing list to get  the memos.  I haven't heard of any of those models on here or any UTV sites.

You would have to go to the Maverick forum  or a Can Am based FB page to see this stuff.   UTV Underground covers it sometimes.   They even released a Rock Crawl edition Maverick Trail Sport.  

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/2019/maverick-sport.html

Edited by Sand Shark

4 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I see!

Here is the website with all 2019 models listed...Their UTV Fleet is extensive...

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/help-me-choose.html

My guess is that the UTV Sites will a) Showcase the ones MFGs push them to promote $$$ and b) Market wants to hear about (They cover certain models before a competitor online mag does).

Can-Am doesn't have the mass marketing machine in place just yet that Polaris has for the last 10 years... :moof:

On 9/15/2018 at 10:23 AM, SANDPSYCHO said:

I don't hate the machine it is what it is, a cheaply built, under powered, over priced, mass produced money maker for the companies that build them. What I hate about them are the sign and drive idiots that buy them. Many (not all) never learned to ride a motorcycle or quad. They never progressed, never risked injury for the trill of a long leap through the air. It is the prefect millennial machine kinda like a safe space for the soy boys.  The typical SxS driver is a clueless dick bag, I can't count how many times one has blindly cut in front of me cut into may group nearly side swiped me. What I do find funny is how many think they are fast and can hang with a 600+ hp car when they have a smaller motor then my street bike. What I do hate most about them is the total lack of respect for the desert most of owners have, broken belt are not biodegradable. 

I also looked at my car and there is nothing that says I can only use it for 4 months. I must have forgot to put that on when I built it. :sraptor:

It is a similar thought to Boating and surfing:

I grew up around boating and water skiing (Specifically Slalom Skiing) my whole life and Stand Up Jet skis.  To me, Some yay-Hoo in big offshore boat going 80 just messes up glass made for skiing.

See Doo's...well, to me, it don't count till you stand up! Anyone can ride a Doo doo.

Same goes for surfing...It don't count till you stand up...Body boarders, Boogers,Tea Bags, Spongers, Speed Bumps...etc, used to piss me off and get in my way and I usually would paddle away from them. Why I felt I got upset, I took the time to tackle a really hard sport to get good at it. I would wake up before school and head to Trestles at the crack of dawn and surf for an hour then go to school. Anyone can body board!

Then my friends and I got Dirt bikes. Sure I had ridden a quad before...didn't like it. If you're gonna do it, I thought Dirt Bikes are the way to go, I've always love motocross. Takes more time to get good and you have to put in the effort. Had a blast, but like anything times change and either you change with them or you stop doing stuff.

Friends started having families and such and sold the dirt bikes and got sand rails. Now me, I couldn't go that route. It's a little different when you start getting into more expensive hobbies.

I love off-roading but I couldn't swing it yet. I had no place to keep something let alone shell out now 10's of thousands for it.

So I did without for years. I built myself a bitchen camp chair with a 5-pt harness for fun sake cause that's all I was able to do. I hated being at the mercy of my friends for a ride! HATED not being self sufficient.

After my wife and I bought our first house, I had a goal...I wanted to get back in, but I had to ease into it. My golden money tree had not sprouted and I'm the guy who makes other people money at my job...the sales people, but I love what I do.

So I saved, and got a deal on my rhino! Yep, I got myself a dinosaur, but it got me back in the game. Is it where I want to be? NO! But, I'm not going to pull equity out of my house to build myself a new Alumi-Craft...I could, but NOT SMART!

So, Here I am, one of the so called idiots. To the duners out there...don't worry, I have decided not to dune this thing anymore and get in your way. Tired of showing up at the same spots as the guys in $250K sand cars and they look like :kenk: What is that thing? :lmao: No seriously it's just too hard on it.

But here I am going to save up to upgrade....Will I be in the Long travel Dept...Probably not! 

So, I have realized I am the Booger, now,  The Sea Doo'er of the off road community-The Dirt Doo and being on this side makes me aware of my surroundings. I am aware that there are going to be some guys out there with more money than brains that will try and show off at Olds and side wheelie and :gwtt: roll his beauty down the hill, or run it flat out by camp and hit a kiddie track and :gwtt: cart wheel the thing to oblivion!

I'll just sit back in my little putt putt and drive slowly around and avoid it all!

Someday I hope to be in the cool kid club...it will happen, not sure when. In the meantime, you can find me and my friends at any number of spots made for these Dirt Doo's having a blast. My beer is as cold as anyone in a high dollar set up, and I will share with anyone. Come by my Museum Trailer to see my relic! It's quite something.  :laugh:

We're all in this for fun...and I'm having a blast!

:dbart: