mxbullet

my experience with mosebilt and john mosely

3 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

The ironic thing about bad business people is they are very good at hiding thier stolen assets and money. 

Wrong, There is a difference between bad businessmen and thieves.   You can be a bad businessman and not do the right things to keep your business a float and you can be a thief and rip off all the people trying to keep your business a float. 

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

Wrong, There is a difference between bad businessmen and thieves.   You can be a bad businessman and not do the right things to keep your business a float and you can be a thief and rip off all the people trying to keep your business a float. 

That is kinda what I was getting at. 

8 minutes ago, MWB said:

Just not long term!

Sucks to hear... but good for people to share these stories so more people don't get burned.

With this being said... Anyone know of a good tube chassis fab guy in So Cal area? Need a beam frame. 

Hi there, stumbled across this thread and it sounded strangely familiar.  Sorry to hear about your experience with John, but I had the exact same experience with him over a manx build in 2012. Gave him $1000 deposit to hold my spot in the shop. Dropped off a new body, and got nothing but excuses for the next year as to why the project hasn't got started.  Picked my body off, and had Wrightfabrication do the work.  He offered me $1000 worth of tubing he said he bought for the project, the problem was I only needed half that. Long story short I sued him in small claims and won. Even got paid on time. I used my local court system which is 7 hrs north of So Cal, so he had to make the drive up here. I was surprised when he showed up.

I had him build me boxed rear arms and front spindles back about 3 or 4 years ago for a 2 seat frame of his I have. I'm 200 miles away and even when he used the wrong spindle snout he said just pay for the material and I'll re-build them. These were two separate transactions, all went down without a glitch. Great quality, great welds all at a very reasonable cost. Was he selective on who to work for? I mean I wasn't ordering a complete frame or anything. My experience was just fine being I spent less than $1000 for both items and he never asked for full payment upfront. My .02