mxbullet

my experience with mosebilt and john mosely

3 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

The ironic thing about bad business people is they are very good at hiding thier stolen assets and money. 

Wrong, There is a difference between bad businessmen and thieves.   You can be a bad businessman and not do the right things to keep your business a float and you can be a thief and rip off all the people trying to keep your business a float. 

3 minutes ago, MWB said:

Wrong, There is a difference between bad businessmen and thieves.   You can be a bad businessman and not do the right things to keep your business a float and you can be a thief and rip off all the people trying to keep your business a float. 

That is kinda what I was getting at. 

8 minutes ago, MWB said:

Just not long term!

Sucks to hear... but good for people to share these stories so more people don't get burned.

With this being said... Anyone know of a good tube chassis fab guy in So Cal area? Need a beam frame. 

Hi there, stumbled across this thread and it sounded strangely familiar.  Sorry to hear about your experience with John, but I had the exact same experience with him over a manx build in 2012. Gave him $1000 deposit to hold my spot in the shop. Dropped off a new body, and got nothing but excuses for the next year as to why the project hasn't got started.  Picked my body off, and had Wrightfabrication do the work.  He offered me $1000 worth of tubing he said he bought for the project, the problem was I only needed half that. Long story short I sued him in small claims and won. Even got paid on time. I used my local court system which is 7 hrs north of So Cal, so he had to make the drive up here. I was surprised when he showed up.

I had him build me boxed rear arms and front spindles back about 3 or 4 years ago for a 2 seat frame of his I have. I'm 200 miles away and even when he used the wrong spindle snout he said just pay for the material and I'll re-build them. These were two separate transactions, all went down without a glitch. Great quality, great welds all at a very reasonable cost. Was he selective on who to work for? I mean I wasn't ordering a complete frame or anything. My experience was just fine being I spent less than $1000 for both items and he never asked for full payment upfront. My .02

WOW!..how did i miss this one?..oh i know how, i havent been on here for years, this sight has cost me more money lost over the years than good...this will be my one and only post on this, these are not excuses-simply facts, most of which are really none of your peoples business anyway..as most of you know or have seen i been morbidly obese the majority of my adult life-350+lbs..for the last 7+ years my health has suffered SERIOUSLYfrom it. I was given a second chance at life 5 years or so ago, so i decided for me, myself and my kids to do something about it..i started dieting/exercising and finally got the weight off..now i buiding back up (560lb deadlift, 400+backsquat, etc),..so to the clown who suggested im on "opiates-just sayin", your probably the same eff* who makes fun of fat  people going to the gym!..think before you speak-"just sayin"..either case, my health obviously impacted my work..then 2 years ago my mother in law got kicked to the curb by the system..i was forced/begged by my wife to convert our garage into a room for her to live in..i did, then she died a year or so later..more time away from shop..now, obviousley THE main complaint is how long it takes to get frames or whatever done..im WELL AWARE OF THAT!..i unfortunately work by myself (everyones answer "hire someone"-well, i have to make enough money TO HIRE SOMEONE, which leads to the "im angry at the world" comment by someone-am i angry that UTV have completely destroyed the industry?.YEP!..am i mad at the world?.NO!..am i mad at the way our government works?..YEP!..the world?..NO..)..so, at the time i had a extreme amount of work load, building/working on 5+ cars at same time..so in a attempt to make evryone happy i work on all of them, finishing none!..then NO ONE IS HAPPY!..this has been my life story..lol.i get behind on one car, puts next car twice as far, 3rd car in line 3x as far, etc..you get it right?..so then it comes a point when "well, this one almost done-i will finish this one", maybe it yours, maybe not..THAT NEVER WORKED!..so the last coupkle  years i have only worked 2 or 3 at most, and go in order, eventually concentrating on the first in line, and only that one, which pisses off people behind thatone too..either case im working on speeding up building/delivery times )it doesnt help that no two are the same..lol)..and complaint 2 seems to be "customer service"..no offense, but if i dont get a call back, i cant help you..if there is something you dont like or doesnt fit, or you not happy with-call me.when banger picked up his car years ago he wasnt happy with some stuff and wanted to bring it back in..i said thats fine, but he would have to wait till i got this other car out, as i had no where to put his..he got upset and took it somewhere else, i get it-it took waay to long to get the car, and he just wanted it "fixed", which i was happy to do, i stand by my work-but HE chose otherwise..same with the trailing arm dude.if pivots were off (they were just tacked, THATS WHY I WELD EM IN JIG-SO THEY DONT MOVE!),you should have brought em back, but instead you take em to aerospace welder..really?..i can tell you how that gonna go!..which is why i sceptical on doing business with him anyway!..lol..my wife was like "i wouldnt, guy seems sketchy"..i was like "naa it be ok"-i hate having to tell her shes right..anyway long story short, these are not excuses, just me..am i on drugs?NO!..am i business man?..NO!..do i build shit?..YES...have i "ripped people off/stolen/hidden money, parts or assets?NO!..and comparing me to another company WE ALL KNOW has ripped people off for untold thousands of $$$$, sold ther parts, etc is pretty eff*ed!..oh, BTW i paid this guy his deposit back shortly after he started this post-i had not seen this till a couple days ago..if i had i might have thought twice, as this is far more damaging then $500.00, but YOU ALL KNOW THAT!, sad you guys would rather see someone fail then try and change/overcome and prevail/make improvements, but whatever...like i daid this will be only post, so go ahead and ague/bring the hate..i wont be checking..lol, i already know

Love my car Buddy, hang in there, You were great to me .

2E204789-C48B-427F-9452-9F64B8853878.jpeg

Sorry to hear how life has treated you John and happy you are back to getting it on track. BUTTTTT, Lets look at a few things now that you brought my arms up. Yes, you defiantly just tacked them together.I really don't need to go further then just posting the picture of your work. I am thankful that I did not have you weld them because this is what you would of welded over. Paul is just a fabricator, not a " Aerospace welder" that takes pride in his work , simple as that. You at the time obviously did not and that is why I decided to take them else were, would you of not tacked them in your jig anyways?  How you can defend this is beyond me but, what ever makes you sleep good I guess.

Also to add.

I never mentioned your name in my post.

I never met your wife,  And if I did what was "Sketchy"? That I supplied the bushings, housings, plates, then paid you full asking price after I asked you not to weld them.

Ya, watch out for that guy :lol:

To blame a website for you losing money is just a cop out, you yourself alone are responsible for that. Your above post is a perfect example. Knowing you hit a hard patch and got in over your head and have since supposedly corrected yourself to a new start. So, instead of coming on here in a defensive manor, it may have been wiser to take a different approach, maybe by apologizing to your customers who paid you money to do unsatisfactory work? You really could of spun this into a positive light but, choose to take the low road and defend yourself instead of humbling yourself.

Regardless this has been over and done with for years and is well behind us and I wish you nothing but the best and hope you start to turn out quality cars again.

Left side:

post-2871-1465741640.jpgWelded

Right side:  After plate was tacked in place, out of sight out of mind I guess.

post-2871-1465741657_thumb.jpgNot Welded Hmmmm

post-2871-1465741613.jpgEverybody welds over stickers, Right?

post-2871-1465741625.jpg

post-2871-1465741587.jpg

post-2871-1465745347.jpg

post-2871-1465741551.jpgYou would think they would be tacked in place in the jig?

People still pay @mosebilt to build cars for them? Wow.

Posted (edited)

Glad you are getting life on track!!!!

However, Ithink your website may have been taken  over by the Chinese!!! 

https://www.mosebilt.net/

:poule:

3270AD3A-E262-44AB-A4DB-20BB9BA8DA9F.jpeg

Edited by POULE43

@mosebilt    Life can get really crazy, it's never fair. Do your best, keep your word.....move forward.

Everyone else, share your own personal experiences (Better or Worse) with your Dune Community, ultimately everyone has to make their own decision based on $$, Time and Desired End Product.

:crusty:

48 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

People still pay @mosebilt to build cars for them? Wow.

Mine was built in 2009

23 minutes ago, canduner said:

Mine was built in 2009

I was referring to the cars he claims to be building now. Hopefully you got a decent car before things went sideways for him. 

25 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

I was referring to the cars he claims to be building now. Hopefully you got a decent car before things went sideways for him. 

Yes, I feel I did, it works very well 

Awesome post Stugots.

Social Media is powerful.

You screw things/people up/over, it is going to get out there. 

That is why he lost money.  Shoddy work got shown out there and the truth came to light.

Locked before page 5?....:)

45 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Locked before page 5?....:)

All the bad stuff always happens at night, we shall see in the morning  :bigrin

Sometimes things like this come as a Shock, sometimes you need Therapy.

Future UTV suspension work is strong in this thread.

Obviously by Poules post compared to mosebilts sig line he is reading after he posted .

But what about the seat sliders?

This what I tell my kids after they eff* up-

“I already know what you did why don’t you tell me what your going to do about it”

Glad to hear you got your health under control John.  

46 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

But what about the seat sliders?

Game changer

Ripping people off is from poor character, not poor health or bad circumstances. 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, fordfreak said:

With this being said... Anyone know of a good tube chassis fab guy in So Cal area? Need a beam frame. 

Jesse at JP designs in Santee does pretty good work.  Haven't really heard any bad stories about him.  Seems to get stuff done in a timely manner.

~jw