Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John@Outfront Mtrsprts

want to buy an excavator, anyone have some pointers

Recommended Posts

8 ports on the top and 9 out the bottom.  this is the part that allows oil to flow from the upper half of the excavator to the lower half.  This is my favorite tractor.  I still have my eyeball on a bigger unit.  BTW I rent this out to local friends for cheap.  Murrieta area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

8 ports on the top and 9 out the bottom.  this is the part that allows oil to flow from the upper half of the excavator to the lower half.  This is my favorite tractor.  I still have my eyeball on a bigger unit.  BTW I rent this out to local friends for cheap.  Murrieta area

What size buckets do you have I am renting one all the time! on one today actually!!

IMG_20190315_093605728.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

12" and 24"  $125 the first day, and $100 a day after that and $25 delivery each way if you are in Murrieta

this is just for GD and friends, this is not for commercial renting, at least at that price

Edited by John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 10:07 AM, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

20181014_182614.jpg

Dedication right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

Looks like you got it!

Outfront builds Subi’s like no other, rebuilds rotary manifolds like a boss!

 

Oufront and Down Under

Edited by Romans9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Dedication right there.

that rock is about 12 feet in diameter and about 6 foot thick.  I could only pull it over with a 44k lbs excavator.  once it fell over as you see it in the pick I tried to pull it out of the hole.  haha it didn't even budge.  Im guessing that rock is about 30K lbs.  I know I can drag around 3 and 4k lbs rocks with my 7000 lbs excavator (1/2 its weight).  I know I can lift 6-7k rocks with a big excavator--that may be the reason I couldn't even start to pull that thing out of its hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

that rock is about 12 feet in diameter and about 6 foot thick.  I could only pull it over with a 44k lbs excavator.  once it fell over as you see it in the pick I tried to pull it out of the hole.  haha it didn't even budge.  Im guessing that rock is about 30K lbs.  I know I can drag around 3 and 4k lbs rocks with my 7000 lbs excavator (1/2 its weight).  I know I can lift 6-7k rocks with a big excavator--that may be the reason I couldn't even start to pull that thing out of its hole.

Just dig a trench until you get it somewhere flat! :bigrin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Just dig a trench until you get it somewhere flat! :bigrin 

or lower the whole  earth around it so it pops up and is on display.  :).  in another life that would have been a k I'll ller jumping Rock next to a pool.  its buried now.

Edited by John@Outfront Mtrsprts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

that rock is about 12 feet in diameter and about 6 foot thick.  I could only pull it over with a 44k lbs excavator.  once it fell over as you see it in the pick I tried to pull it out of the hole.  haha it didn't even budge.  Im guessing that rock is about 30K lbs.  I know I can drag around 3 and 4k lbs rocks with my 7000 lbs excavator (1/2 its weight).  I know I can lift 6-7k rocks with a big excavator--that may be the reason I couldn't even start to pull that thing out of its hole.

What kind of rock is that? I'm guessing it's over 100,000lbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ocotillo Boy said:

What kind of rock is that? I'm guessing it's over 100,000lbs. 

That is a BFR, big EFFING rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rent a breaker for it and blast that rock into smaller pieces!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drill some holes, pour in some dexpan, next morning That big ass rock will be smaller big rocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading the story made me think of this post.

Another use for large equipment and welding skills.   😁

https://allthatsinteresting.com/marvin-heemeyer-killdozer

Old story, but the first I'd heard of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Let me know when you want to play with the big boys!

IMG_9564.thumb.jpg.2a3eccf249867498b0dcb4c6034a0579.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_9026.jpg

IMG_7784.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

 

 

 

IMG_6221.thumb.jpg.87cf1272535dd3be2a649bf3c6db2a13.jpgIMG_6391.thumb.jpg.f654499b93825b7986772881f3ece9e9.jpgIMG_6719.thumb.jpg.678e9ad9439b9c99836da3a06065279b.jpg940420715_IMG_6725(1).thumb.jpg.46bf921838d8b6be74024e8d3ff3bd43.jpg

IMG_3374.JPG

Edited by banshee380

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post
Sign in to follow this  

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...