evantwheeler

How do I block users so I don't see their posts

Question

I tried to find a block user option under the user's page, but can't seem to find one.  Is there a way to block a users so you don't see their posts?  Other forums I frequent offer this option and it makes the experience much better as there are always those couple select people who add no value to the site and only aggravate you during your browse.  

Thanks,

Evan

41 answers to this question

How the hell do you get kicked off of Nextdoor??? I really want to know because we have an Obama nutt swinger who is just irritating as all hell. The rest of us in the area use it to report crime and help find/return lost dogs. She on the other hand blames every misfortune in the world on Trump, as if the world was in perfect order before he was elected.

As for this awesome forum why would you want to ignore anyone? Just enjoy the shenanigans until the mods weed out the nerdowellers...

If you are referring to Imsorry we all would like to know the same info.  I wish the powers to be would :ban: him already.

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

Place cruiser over their avatar and on the bottom  click "ignore user"

34 minutes ago, POULE43 said:

If you are referring to Imsorry we all would like to know the same info.  I wish the powers to be would :ban: him already.

:poule:

Praise by name, criticize by category.  

Thank you Stugots for the instructions!

1 minute ago, evantwheeler said:

Praise by name, criticize by category.  

:dunno: No Clue what the hell that means....BUT.....I just ignored Imsorry!  :yay:  Thank you Stugots!

tired this on Stugots pic but that options isn't there.  Damm

I am invincible!!!

You can also drop down under your user name and hit "ignore Users" and add names.

user name.png

just had a question pmd.   can you block sponsors the same way? or only users?

I do wish the ignore/block feature was like Facebook's where the person completely seizes to exist.

Also, a nice feature would be if a certain number of people (say...5 or so) ignore/block the person, they get a 30 day ban or more to learn how to not be such a jackass....

1 minute ago, Mac said:

I do wish the ignore/block feature was like Facebook's where the person completely seizes to exist.

Also, a nice feature would be if a certain number of people (say...5 or so) ignore/block the person, they get a 30 day ban or more to learn how to not be such a jackass....

I'm sorry........no I don't mean the user I mean I'm sorry for being a jackass... :blink:

Boy, it's tough to apologize around here.

2 minutes ago, offroader59 said:

I'm sorry........no I don't mean the user I mean I'm sorry for being a jackass... :blink:

:lol:

No...you're safe.

Just Socaldmax and Imsorry would end up never being allowed back on

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

No...you're safe.

OK  just checking .  I have that tendency.

I been kick off several websites and just recently got kicked off the nextdoor website in my area.

Looks like a little clinch, thanks for bringing it to our attention I will be working on it soon, have a date with Grease Monkey today to swap out some paddles. will check into it tonight.

7 minutes ago, Mac said:

No...you're safe.

Careful what you ask for you might end up on that short list :lol:

Just now, Stugots said:

Careful what you ask for you might end up on that short list :lol:

I'm not immune from adjustments from time to time... :lol:

19 minutes ago, Stugots said:

Looks like a little clinch, thanks for bringing it to our attention I will be working on it soon, have a date with Grease Monkey today to swap out some paddles. will check into it tonight.

Great, now everyone knows about it.

53 minutes ago, aceisback said:

How the hell do you get kicked off of Nextdoor??? I really want to know because we have an Obama nutt swinger who is just irritating as all hell. The rest of us in the area use it to report crime and help find/return lost dogs. She on the other hand blames every misfortune in the world on Trump, as if the world was in perfect order before he was elected.

As for this awesome forum why would you want to ignore anyone? Just enjoy the shenanigans until the mods weed out the nerdowellers...

Well I'm not one to keep my mouth shut usually except on a site like this I really like. As far as Nextdoor there was a woman who constantly posting pro Libtard political crap and vote for this tard and that tard which is against Nextdoor guidelines. So I called her on it and posted pro Republican posts but I also include research links which debunked her nonsense. Then I changed my username to "Ben Dover" and it pissed a number of people off when I said that was what the Democratic party wanted from us.

Although in my defense others were using BS usernames and I called them on it.  So I guess I PO'd enough people and they booted me no warning and not the others...go figure,.  After some more research I found out Nextdoor is based out of San Fran...just like Craigslist. I've also been blocked from Craigs many times, just reset my modem with a new IP and go back on. So far I can't get back on Nextdoor because it's based off your mailing address, LOL. You won't get a liberal kicked off Nextdoor but check the guidlines maybe yo can get them a reprimand. Like I said I got zero warning, just booted. The neighbors can't believe that happened because they were pming me saying I was saying exactly what they were thinking but couldn't post.

As far as here, ignoring any of the users is not a big deal, I was just curious about a few things.

Edited by offroader59

Note to self....nextdoor sounds like a horrible social media site...LOL

My Ignore button works perfectly.    :ban:

You sound like you will fit in just fine around here! Welcome aboard offroader59

2 hours ago, aceisback said:

I tried to post my opinion on prop 47 and how that has increased petty theft .  ——- comment was deleted and I was warned.

a month later.... I replied to a post on a 2nd amendment issue.  Lady didn’t agree and had her feelings hurt, I then received a ban on Next door.

The mods are hand picked throughout ones neighborhood and their is a huge wall to get anyone higher up to state your disagreement, so I complained to a local mod.  He reposonded “ this site is much more liberal than you think “and sent me a copy of the rules.  I read them—didn’t say anything about liberals.... LMAO.... I deleted the app.

Now back on topic.....

ignore button would be more useful than a snitch button, and cause less head ache for mods.

5 hours ago, offroader59 said:

OK  just checking .  I have that tendency.

I been kick off several websites and just recently got kicked off the nextdoor website in my area.

#metoo I got kicked off last year. MAGA

You could always go old school. :funny: 

PCFV01P10_14B.jpg.792f0b968985944db60acd21963135c6.jpg

7 hours ago, offroader59 said:

Public apology???