Grease Monkey

REV-X Transaxle lube

TRANSAXLE EXTREME ABUSE LUBRICANT

Transaxle Extreme Abuse Lubricant came to be, due to the voices in the off-roading world that were tired of simple failures that kept them from enjoying the small amount of time away from work. You see, most of them are just like we are, when we actually get some time off we like to enjoy the purchases that we have made.

Extreme Abuse Lubricants are formulated to take over 4 times the abuse that any transaxle was engineered for and provide benefits that were unavailable until now. Gone are the days of metal to metal wear, pitting, spalling and chipping of the gears under severe loads. TRANSAXLE Extreme provides cooler running transaxles that shift smoother, last much longer and don’t require as much maintenance as with prior lubricants. TRANSAXLE products do NOT contain zinc or tackifiers that promote extremely high operating temperatures. TRANSAXLE products use only the most modern additives to truly quench friction and allow your transaxle to literally float without the metal to metal contact that creates friction and extreme temperatures TRANSAXLE Extreme Abuse Lubricants are available in two viscosities for maximum performance and reliability in any type or style of manual transaxles. TRANSAXLE-H is an 85w-140 semi-synthetic lubricant that is for use in all manual transaxles that require the heavier weight lubricant. TRANSAXLE-L is an 80w-90 semi-synthetic lubricant and is the most recommended weight lubricant for most transaxles in use today. Whether you are using your transaxle in a street driven vehicle or for all out war in the off-Road racing scene, with the use of TRANSAXLE H or L you no longer must wonder if your lubricant has the stones to keep up to the abuse you are throwing at it. You asked for it, and it’s finally available.

Application
Transaxle L (light weight) used in lower hp applications. Manufacturer suggests below 350 hp.
Transaxle H (Heavy weight) Used in higher hp applications above 350HP

Here is a copy and paste from the Offshore world.

Though they come from entirely different high-performance boating worlds, Brit Lilly and Vern Gilbert have a lot in common. First and foremost, they share a need: a need for speed on the water.

For Lilly, who lives in Maryland, that need manifests itself in offshore powerboat racing, where he claimed yet another Super Boat International Superboat-Class World Championship in Key West, Fla., last week. Gilbert, on the other hand, is from Arizona and finds the satisfaction he craves in top-speed events such as the Lake of the Ozarks Shoot in Central Missouri, where he ran 182 mph in his open cockpit 40-foot Skater catamaran in August.

And both are sponsored by Rev-X Oil, which started in the automotive diesel power market and began its foray into the high-performance marine lubrication and additive market a couple of years ago.

Among the five Rex-X marine products that have Lilly and Gilbert singing their praises is a drive-oil called Drive H. (The H stands for “Heavyweight.”) That’s not to say the two veteran racers don’t use other Rev-X goodies, but Drive H definitely has captured their undivided attention.

“It’s the best gear lube, ever,” said Lilly, who runs a 525-hp Joey Griffin engine in his 30-foot Extreme V-bottom. “We used to have to put in new gear sets every two to three races at best before we started using this product. Well, I just finished the entire season on one set of gears. They didn’t even get wear pattern. I’m actually wearing out other drive components from normal use, like clutches, before I wear the gears. Now, once a year I replace the clutch instead of once a year replacing everything.”

OSOTRULIO402-02.jpg

Vern Gilbert is delighted with extra life that the Drive H product has given to his gear sets.

Though his performance application is different, Gilbert’s experience with the Rev-X Drive H product mirrors Lilly’s.

“I am running 2,200- to 2,400-hp Carson Brummett engines,” said Gilbert. “In two to three weekends of use, we typically knock the nitrate off the gears and have to replace them. Not with this stuff—it works fantastic. I’m really happy with it.”

Lilly also uses the Rev-X Marine Oil additive, which according to company literature “increases horsepower and torque.” That’s a big claim—and one that happens to be true, according to the offshore racer.

“We made a dyno pull using it and we saw seven more horsepower,” said Lilly. “My engine builder couldn’t believe it. He said that in 35 to 40 years of building engines, he’s never seen an additive increase horsepower.”

In addition to Drive H and Marine Oil additive, Rev-X offers Distance+ Marine, an “all-in-one” diesel additive; Marine Adrenaline, an “all-in-one” gasoline additive; and Drive L, a “heavily additized semi-synthetic” high-performance lubricant. The company plans to make a formidable push into the high-performance pleasure-boat market with all of its products next year. But getting them proven in two of most punishing competition environments—the kind Lilly and Gilbert call home—had to come first.

“We have a limited budget, like a lot of racers and high-performance powerboat owners,” said Lilly. “Using the Rev-X products has helped me save money and spend it on other things we need for the boat.”

I am currently the exclusive distributor of this oil. We sell and offer other Rev-X oils and fuel treatments as well.

I will be putting together 3 free kits. These Kits will be 4 quarts of REV-X Transaxle oil.

More details to come.

Erik

image.png

image.png

Put me in line for a free kit of the light stuff! :rtd::bigrin

this looks interesting

X2 on the light stuff

This oil is not a replacement for service intervals. You should change the oil as you see necessary. If you change your oil twice a season then continue with that service. I change mine once a season.

Eric,

Free would be nice.....But what is the pricing on this?

PM me if you want. 

Haha, that's my original avatar.

Retail on the oil will be around $35.00 a quart. 

Gd discounts will be available.

I'm gonna need some for the XX's first service

My Mendeola is getting a new Ring Gear right know.  I would like to try this oil. Transaxle H

Bumpitdy :bump:

image.png

On 10/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, SANDRUNNER said:

My Mendeola is getting a new Ring Gear right know.  I would like to try this oil. Transaxle H

I wouldn’t change a thing since your the only person in mendeola history to go 18 years on a 2D ring gear. 

I would love to get in on this, any free sample kits still available? I'll run it and post my results. If not what's the GD discounted prices?

Also wanted to ad, my trans is fresh from rebuild right now, 0 runs. New gears, it would be an excellent test subject.

17 hours ago, Blue-Jay said:

I wouldn’t change a thing since your the only person in mendeola history to go 18 years on a 2D ring gear. 

LOL

works with albins 5 speed h paterm?

10 minutes ago, meharleyking said:

works with albins 5 speed h paterm?

Yes, 

I have more cases coming in.

All the free kits have been passed out. Looking forward to your results.

So I was getting ready for a desert trip and was just going over the last little things on the car 

The  plan was to change a leaky seal  and  do a quick oil change on the S5 run it for this season  and pull the trans next year well that changed.

I took off the side plate and glanced at the ring and pinion my hart sank a little

A56A56FF-A984-4D67-A1CF-5DE6ADDD98CD.thumb.jpeg.830f1ac1f0a489da4a135c554969ba12.jpeg

So there went my weekend  damn.       I called Sam at Rancho he said bring it by and we will take a look

I got a call a few days later it needed 2 shift forks and a ring and pinion he said I caught it just in time come pick it up at the end off the week ( they where great to deal with and they saved my trip)

I got the trans back with a small box of parts and my buddy came over and helped drop the trans back in  

CE40400D-E7CE-4241-AD3F-A1DCADC1BAAC.thumb.jpeg.9bc4efdf503f5aee418b93a1d4b3dbaa.jpeg

I picked up some Rev X  from Grease Monkey.  Put the car all back together and ran perfect all week

My plan is  to upgrade to a Chevy bell housing next year so I will run it for season and have a good idea how it did

hopefully it will a look little better then the one that came out.  Lol

E738A7CD-6AE9-499B-91CA-7340D099256A.thumb.jpeg.dbce844ab1c2350ce5133d1538155528.jpeg

EFFAA746-82FF-481F-9299-1C8AAAC83AEB.thumb.jpeg.8fb6d455c5f235b8179fce5b2982b53e.jpeg

Edited by indianjoe

Service season is here. Let me know via pm here if you want in on REV X Transaxle lube.

Transaxle L Fleet pricing for GD members $31.95 per Qt.

Transaxle H Fleet pricing for GD members $32.95 per Qt.

I ran this oil all last season as a few others have. Will report back soon. My 2D will be removed and inspected just for this reason only. Its working fine after Rancho went thru it for me last summer.

Application
Transaxle L (light weight) used in lower hp applications. Manufacturer suggests below 350 hp.
Transaxle H (Heavy weight) Used in higher hp applications above 350HP

image.png

image.png

On 11/29/2018 at 12:33 PM, indianjoe said:

So I was getting ready for a desert trip and was just going over the last little things on the car 

The  plan was to change a leaky seal  and  do a quick oil change on the S5 run it for this season  and pull the trans next year well that changed.

I took off the side plate and glanced at the ring and pinion my hart sank a little

A56A56FF-A984-4D67-A1CF-5DE6ADDD98CD.thumb.jpeg.830f1ac1f0a489da4a135c554969ba12.jpeg

So there went my weekend  damn.       I called Sam at Rancho he said bring it by and we will take a look

I got a call a few days later it needed 2 shift forks and a ring and pinion he said I caught it just in time come pick it up at the end off the week ( they where great to deal with and they saved my trip)

I got the trans back with a small box of parts and my buddy came over and helped drop the trans back in  

CE40400D-E7CE-4241-AD3F-A1DCADC1BAAC.thumb.jpeg.9bc4efdf503f5aee418b93a1d4b3dbaa.jpeg

I picked up some Rev X  from Grease Monkey.  Put the car all back together and ran perfect all week

My plan is  to upgrade to a Chevy bell housing next year so I will run it for season and have a good idea how it did

hopefully it will a look little better then the one that came out.  Lol

E738A7CD-6AE9-499B-91CA-7340D099256A.thumb.jpeg.dbce844ab1c2350ce5133d1538155528.jpeg

EFFAA746-82FF-481F-9299-1C8AAAC83AEB.thumb.jpeg.8fb6d455c5f235b8179fce5b2982b53e.jpeg

Look forward to your review.

How many quarts does a 2d hold, and this isnt just an additive is it? to be added to regular gear oil. 

18 minutes ago, rpmsrup said:

How many quarts does a 2d hold, and this isnt just an additive is it? to be added to regular gear oil. 

2 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

thank you

51 minutes ago, rpmsrup said:

4 qts as mentioned. Its not an additive like other REV-X products. Its ready to go oil. Order by the quart as needed.

Posted (edited)

I am gonna start with this on my brand new trans (as soon as I get it) and see how it does ...

Syngear II was about $24 a qt  when I started using it in my first S4 . saved me lots of $$  and  downtime  - pulling the trans because  you wore it out is no fun

If this is even better I am game...  Thanks G M 

Edited by fullthrottleguy