matt86m

Hows Your Attitude?

Started looking at new trailers. Went to the Pomona show and the 2020's are very nice but too pricey!!!!!! 

Headinjury is there with Giant RV and was helpful as always - he goes by @rvproshawn on IG

Known him for a long time and we went there specifically to see and talk with him. Typical sales shenanigans not by him but I guess that's part of the game. We straightened it out and are dealing directly with him - the way we intended it to be.

How is your Attitude trailer holding up? We are looking at the 28SAG (32') fifth wheel. The size fits us so we aren't looking to go bigger but I am curious how your trailer is holding up.

There are several 2019's around and there is a significant difference between them and the 2020 that the dealers will want to push them off the lot to make room.

Bumper pull or 5th I'd like to hear about your trailer! 

Have a 2015 32 sag had frame issues that got covered under my extended warranty at VIP. ALL good now. Typical I guess??

C16C4C2D-28F3-4B06-8161-4AA557CBCF89.jpeg

33D82E6A-5566-42A4-A1AC-DD91E913DBFB.jpeg

107DAAC4-829F-453A-8845-9818384D6D8D.jpeg

98F72078-4B48-4439-8948-214ECE51E9C1.jpeg

2020s already out ... geezz

My friend bought a 2019 new (32’bumper pull). Thing is beautiful! He had a laundry list of warranty items after his first trip. Its been at the dealer for 3 months now (giant). Hope he gets it back for halloween

The amount of warranty work on the new trailers is rediculous and the dealers take months to fix.   I understand the new ones with all the solar, powered everything and lithium batteries are nice but if you could find one a year old with all the bugs worked out you might be ahead.

Had a Stellar 34lksg 5er (made by Eclipse as well as I'm sure you know). It had the usual warranty issues but it was VERY nice to be able to take it straight to the factory in Riverside. You had to schedule it but turn around time was quick. 

1 hour ago, ladsm said:

The amount of warranty work on the new trailers is rediculous and the dealers take months to fix.   I understand the new ones with all the solar, powered everything and lithium batteries are nice but if you could find one a year old with all the bugs worked out you might be ahead.

This is exactly why I will never buy a new trailer.  The first owner is the QC

2006 23 AK  bumper pull.     Listing it for sale soon.

Had issues at first....like most trailers, once we got the bugs worked has been good for us. And it was nice having the factory in Riverside.

The fuel station on mine has never worked properly, I stopped relying on it. I'm sure they've made changes to the setup since but that was always my biggest struggle.

My buddy has a 36 attitude 5er and he has had frame issues, but really around the door and steps not so much the walls, though had some reinforcement done Just in case when fixing other issues,

Overall its been good to him, his is like a 2010

Talked to Shawn yesterday about the 29 sag.  Pricy for sure, the attitudes are about 10k more than the Genesis 33ckxl we were looking at.  I was wondering the same if they were holding up. He said he can help with pricing, but didn’t want to go the far yet as we just started looking.  No matter what your close to 60+ for a 29-33’ 5er with some options. 

Pricing is of the 2919sag

092374D6-5F5B-48D2-940F-402C53BADE42.jpeg

Seems like the Attitudes today are the Weekend Warriors of the days gone by as far as the prices and 'bling' factor go it sure seems like, to me anyway.

If you can.... go with a 32ish fifth wheel. 

The 28 will be way to small in no time at all.

We had a 2008  32-33 but measured to about 37ish.

Plan on doing some frame reinforcement.... ALL brands can use it.

On our 4th Attitude now.... A 2017 28IBG bumper pull.

Really wanted another 33ish..... on well.

Following this thread, agree with others the hot ticket would be to find one that is about a year old where the bugs are worked out.

This weekend is my 1 year anniversary of owning a 2018 iconic 3221 CKG. It’s been a great trailer with only one smaller warranty visit to the dealer. When I was looking last year I saw a dramatic frame change from the 2017 and 2018. With the other frame issues I’ve heard of Id spend the extra for the 2018. 

1 minute ago, pinnedcr250f said:

This weekend is my 1 year anniversary of owning a 2018 iconic 3221 CKG. It’s been a great trailer with only one smaller warranty visit to the dealer. When I was looking last year I saw a dramatic frame change from the 2017 and 2018. With the other frame issues I’ve heard of Id spend the extra for the 2018. 

Congratulations on your anniversary. Isn’t this the longest you have ever held on to anything? 😉

9 minutes ago, N2Deep said:

Congratulations on your anniversary. Isn’t this the longest you have ever held on to anything? 😉

Like a squirrel with a nut, always looking for the better one 

Buying a new trailer sounds like a nightmare.  They slap them together and then ship em out.  I would want a "seasoned" new trailer.  One that someone else has already done the warranty wait game.

Great thread.....as we're looking for a new/newer trailer. Ideally 32'-33' or shorter. Pretty much have it narrowed down to the Genesis/Vortex 28CR and the Eclipse 2814SS. We really like the Eclipse kitchen that has the island but felt like the cabinets felt and looked cheesy. 

The Genesis/Vortex 28CR seems slightly better quality cabinets and is overall shorter than the Eclipse. Which for us is a reason for selling our 36' Raptor and getting a shorter trailer is to make it easier getting into state campgrounds . 

Overall I feel like I'm going to have to have the frame issues addressed to prevent any chance of wall sag. If money was no object I'd be looking at the Grand Design Momentum. But the shortet one they offer is 36' with a small garage.

I've owned Fleetwood gearbox, eclipse stellar 32dbg (same as attitude 32sag), and now Keystone fuzion 369. I can say that the most durable, well built was the gearbox by a huge margin but it was like towing a giant cement block.  The Stellar was OK but honestly I think those eclipse ultra wide lights are too light. To keep sticker weight under 10k the frame, walls, everything seems way to skimp for a house on wheels. My brother has my stellar now and no major issues. It's a '16 that was bought in early' 15. Had the manufacturer do some work a couple times in riverside and they are super helpful and turn around wasn't bad. 

In my opinion the Keystone products (fuzion, carbon, impact, raptor)  are as good as it gets. Most are garage models is the only draw back. But with auto leveling (stellar landing gear used to make me crazy! Felt like being on a boat most of the time), in command system, fireplace, actual Couches,  tall bedrooms that you don't have to bend over to walk around in... The list goes on. They really do have it down to science. 

All that said I am in the belief that they are all ultimately junk and to get 10 years out of any brand with no major failures is probably a stretch. 

In regards to sticker price. Shop shop shop. 20% - 25% off msrp is what I got. 

Happy hunting! 

The Attitude line has changed alot in the last few years , better fit and finish and overall quality :) Matt if you want a second quote let me know 

1 hour ago, hambone1 said:

The Attitude line has changed alot in the last few years , better fit and finish and overall quality :) Matt if you want a second quote let me know 

Can a 29sag fit a 4 seat can am x3?  

Yes it will fit  there is no wheel wells to mess with now 

11 hours ago, hambone1 said:

Yes it will fit  there is no wheel wells to mess with now 

What about the RS model?  It’s showing that it’s 8” wider 72” vs 64”. We don’t have either one but we are looking at trailers now.  Thanks 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, done-it-again said:

Talked to Shawn yesterday about the 29 sag.  Pricy for sure, the attitudes are about 10k more than the Genesis 33ckxl we were looking at.  I was wondering the same if they were holding up. He said he can help with pricing, but didn’t want to go the far yet as we just started looking.  No matter what your close to 60+ for a 29-33’ 5er with some options. 

Pricing is of the 2919sag

092374D6-5F5B-48D2-940F-402C53BADE42.jpeg

I've had my Genesis for a year now and no issues.  Talked to a guy this past weekend that has a tow behind and has not had any issues either. 

1 hour ago, done-it-again said:

What about the RS model?  It’s showing that it’s 8” wider 72” vs 64”. We don’t have either one but we are looking at trailers now.  Thanks 

Attitude advertises the width at 86'' , you may have to play with the position of the wheel when the slide comes in BUT verify that, I may be wrong