Jump to content
matt86m

Hows Your Attitude?

Recommended Posts

I just sold my 2011 27ifbg, some initial issues  but manufacturer took care of all the issues quickly. It has been a VERY solid trailer and I HIGHLY recommend them. BTW, it sold extremely quickly and I had many calls about it. The interior and lighting was amazing, I always receceived compliments. The only reason I didnt keep it as I dont travel to the dunes as much I once did and RV storage in OC is expensive. Every RV has initial issues, having the factory close by is a big factor for any purchase and they are very receptive to help. There are a TON of Attitude dealers around, check around before buying from buying from any dealer. I would NOT recommend Hambone!  at Cactus RV, do a search and look at my previous posts when I tried to buy a new Genesis from Cactus and other resellers.  Horrible buying experience and the factory decided to support the dealer vs a buyer. I will never buy a Genesis for solely that reason as I spoke to the owner during the tour and I reached out to them went all this went down and they could not have cared less, that is not customer service. I would recommend RV Giant or Tony at Major RV in Hesperia, he is a straight shooter.  If I had to buy another toy hauler, Eclipse will be the only one I would ever consider. 

 

Edit: Stumbled on my old thread of my with Hambone and Genesis, nothing better than waiting for several months for  a toy hauler you ordered, deposit sent,  visited the factory and  then to realize the sales guy decide he had other plans for your toy hauler(long read): 

 

Edited by kalikali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Model year 2020s are being marketed and sold already? What a load of crap that is. That's marketing bullshit because they don't have anything new to sell so they get you pumped up with a unit that will still be current 2 years from now. It's almost as bad as the MSRP price they shove in your face and then actually sell them at the dealer "discounted price", but does anyone really fall for that anymore?

If RV manufacturers actually had a good product that was durable they could market it without all of the gimmicks and Saturday! Saturday! Saturday! One Day Only Blowout Sales that fill venues across the country every weekend.  

And then there's the fluff that they put inside of the show models, you know the nice dishes and wine glasses, and bowls of fruit and a flower vase on the counter. Like anyone ever uses their RV like that. They should put out some paper plates, red cups, empty beer cans and a spilled bowl of dog food on the floor, that's really how they are used. 

Don't get me started on the warranty work that never gets resolved, I wish the people in the service department would treat customers with a little more respect and the fact that some people have dropped a few hundred thousand dollars on that rig that they are letting sit in the parking lot for weeks before they even look at it. If they are so backed up then HIRE SOME MORE TECHNICIANS. 

God dam the RV industry pisses me off. I wouldn't mind trading in the DP for a 2020 though, I'm a sucker just like all  the rest of 'em.

Sorry I had to vent. :pmphello:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After digesting all we looked at, talked about & people we talked too, we have decided to wait for now. 

We will look again in may/june. In the mean time we will use our current trailer for the glamis season, get her all prettied up and then put it up for sale at some point.

We will see what is available in the used market but also new units. Can't stomach the $70K price of a trailer! 

2019's are still out there but they say are going fast. That's ok there will always be more. New 2019's w/o the 6 pt landing gear or lithium but most everything else were high $40k's. Still a lot for a trailer but easier to digest.

Seems to be split as far as getting a 'good' one both unit and dealership!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, matt86m said:

After digesting all we looked at, talked about & people we talked too, we have decided to wait for now. 

We will look again in may/june. In the mean time we will use our current trailer for the glamis season, get her all prettied up and then put it up for sale at some point.

We will see what is available in the used market but also new units. Can't stomach the $70K price of a trailer! 

2019's are still out there but they say are going fast. That's ok there will always be more. New 2019's w/o the 6 pt landing gear or lithium but most everything else were high $40k's. Still a lot for a trailer but easier to digest.

Seems to be split as far as getting a 'good' one both unit and dealership!

Maybe for something different, go to www.milltrailers.com and check out the gooseneck with living quarters.  What I would do given the issues people seem to have with th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to interject my 2 cents FWIW. 

How many of us would tolerate  buying a 50-70k diesel truck and then be OK with leaving it at a stealership for 2 weeks to 3 months for a bent/cracked frame repair even though it was under warranty...? or any other major issue?  I personally would go ballistic and that would NOT be acceptable.

I know sometimes there are problems, quirks that can come up but but frame issues? That's the main support system to the entire trailer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, offroader59 said:

I'm just going to interject my 2 cents FWIW. 

How many of us would tolerate  buying a 50-70k diesel truck and then be OK with leaving it at a stealership for 2 weeks to 3 months for a bent/cracked frame repair even though it was under warranty...? or any other major issue?  I personally would go ballistic and that would NOT be acceptable.

I know sometimes there are problems, quirks that can come up but but frame issues? That's the main support system to the entire trailer. 

 

I agree 100%

I was told Thor as a parent company is turning out 3500 units a day, that is all together, all of their lines/companies. Was told by 2 different people. I can't imagine what that looks like. I was talking to the sales guy at the ssss that had the Renegade super C. Said Renegade only produces 600 in a year. Between factory quality, QC and then dealer PDI/QC they only come back with an average of 0-1 maybe 1-2 issues. Course you are paying $200k for it. A neighbor just brought home a Tiffin Allegro moho, new, and he has a dozen items that it went back to the dealer for - $160-180k for that.

If Lippert is stamping out chassis for most of the toy hauler & travel trailer world, know wonder there are so many problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Richard H said:

Maybe for something different, go to www.milltrailers.com and check out the gooseneck with living quarters.  What I would do given the issues people seem to have with th.

Had a Santek copy like them, loved it. If I could go back and do 2 things different it would be 1. Not sell my Monster Manx and 2. Keep the 'horse trailer' as I called it - 36', V nose, GN - fairly sparse inside but I could have made it a bit more homey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, matt86m said:

Had a Santek copy like them, loved it. If I could go back and do 2 things different it would be 1. Not sell my Monster Manx and 2. Keep the 'horse trailer' as I called it - 36', V nose, GN - fairly sparse inside but I could have made it a bit more homey.

What I like about Millennium is you can have it your way. They will build what "you" want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, offroader59 said:

I'm just going to interject my 2 cents FWIW. 

How many of us would tolerate  buying a 50-70k diesel truck and then be OK with leaving it at a stealership for 2 weeks to 3 months for a bent/cracked frame repair even though it was under warranty...? or any other major issue?  I personally would go ballistic and that would NOT be acceptable.

I know sometimes there are problems, quirks that can come up but but frame issues? That's the main support system to the entire trailer. 

 

Attitude have crazy  Thin “I beam” frames.  Over the years we have had 4 Attitude trailers, 3 bumper pulls and a 5th wheel with a 12” + lift on it. Lippert ( Who makes frames for Attitude and supposedly genesis) states they sell the trailer manufacturers exactly the wall thickness that they ask for.  Lippert cannot control what they put on top of our chassis.  My wife and I have a 2017 28’ IBG bumper pull Attitude. I knew All about this model size and everything about it  before we purchased it.   I knew I was going to do some frame modifications to make it to “my standards”.

Some frame modifications that I would design and my friends and I would install / weld on.  I really feel sorry for the first time buyer that is not expecting all this and then he is going to have his trailer in the shop in and out for two years trying to fix some of the problems but definitely not all of them................  I must also state that two of our Attitude Trailers had great  chassis while the other 2 Were Way too thin .

Edited by RK Racing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Richard H said:

What I like about Millennium is you can have it your way. They will build what "you" want. 

 I “”believe””  most people want a fair amount of bells and whistles in their trailer and that’s why they choose the Attitude and the Genesis.  I also believe 90% of toybox purchasers do not know what they are getting themselves into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 12:32 PM, r3meyer said:

 I am thinking about putting an electric awning on it to give it that "wow" factor when people pull up.  

Hahah! I was thinking the same thing the other week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RK Racing said:

 I “”believe””  most people want a fair amount of bells and whistles in their trailer and that’s why they choose the Attitude and the Genesis.  I also believe 90% of toybox purchasers do not know what they are getting themselves into.

This is so true. people are dazzled by shinny LED accent lights and TV's. They don't look beyond that, then wonder why the walls are coming apart, tires are blowing out and the generator wont run, etc. These also tend to be the people that do not have the skills to fix anything and are completely dependent on the warranty and service department. Most people think it's just a trailer and don't realize how complex and how many systems there are and the stresses of all that loaded up going down our jacked up California roads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

This is so true. people are dazzled by shinny LED accent lights and TV's. They don't look beyond that, then wonder why the walls are coming apart, tires are blowing out and the generator wont run, etc. These also tend to be the people that do not have the skills to fix anything and are completely dependent on the warranty and service department. Most people think it's just a trailer and don't realize how complex and how many systems there are and the stresses of all that loaded up going down our jacked up California roads. 

or Wash road!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt86m said:

or Wash road!

No kidding even at 15 mph your rattling the snot out of your rig. It's one of the reasons I hate driving 5 mile on it to wash 22. The 86 around Ocotillo it ridiculously bad and I believe responsible for a few broken hitches and at lest one major crash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

This is so true. people are dazzled by shinny LED accent lights and TV's. They don't look beyond that, then wonder why the walls are coming apart, tires are blowing out and the generator wont run, etc. These also tend to be the people that do not have the skills to fix anything and are completely dependent on the warranty and service department. Most people think it's just a trailer and don't realize how complex and how many systems there are and the stresses of all that loaded up going down our jacked up California roads. 

That's pretty insulting saying people can be "dazzled by shinny LED accent lights and" SQUIRREL!!!....................................................

:hide:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, offroader59 said:

That's pretty insulting saying people can be "dazzled by shinny LED accent lights and" SQUIRREL!!!....................................................

:hide:

 These “””might””” be the same people that purchase all the pretty different color whips for their side-by-side‘s and Sand rails........ :lol: “”look at all da pretty colors George, what da you think George,  aren’t they purtty””

Edited by RK Racing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

 These “””might””” be the same people that purchase all the pretty different color whips for their side-by-side‘s and Sand rails........ :lol: “”look at all da pretty colors George, what da you think George,  aren’t they purtty””

I’ve found some lights to go on my valve stems. They light up when the wheels spin. Now I just don’t know what color I should get. I don’t want them to clash with the underlighting and my multi color flashing whips. Yet still look good and not attract the attention of the Leo’s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of the milltrailers...kind of like the Sundowners. Anyone here have any feedback about these trailers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ROBERT L said:

I’ve found some lights to go on my valve stems. They light up when the wheels spin. Now I just don’t know what color I should get. I don’t want them to clash with the underlighting and my multi color flashing whips. Yet still look good and not attract the attention of the Leo’s. 

 The valve stem  multicolor lights are cool. My son had them on his Suzuki 80 when he was about seven years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got an '18 28ibg Eclipse Attitude and the quality of workmanship has been crap on mine. Should have kept my Sandpiper. The upper tail light housing has a crack on the top near where it meets the rubber roof. I know other owners with same issue. The opening for my oven was not cut correctly causing the ovens outer frame to wedge against the glass top making it difficult to lift up. The heater duct is not connected to the register in my front bedroom thus only blowing 1/2 the hot air out. The deadbolt for door has never worked. It leaks water in from both slide outs. Also water leaks in from inside the wall coming from rear window. The little round touch lights have a mind of their own and more times than none don't seem to want to turn off. The generator was toast and needed totally rebuilt from day 1. The wall paneling near the fridge bows outward obviously from not cutting the height of panel right. If anyone needs pics on what to look for I will share with you. Not saying you shouldn't buy an Attitude but definitely want you informed on what to look for on walkthrough so you can have them fix before you take delivery of your unit. Many have stated having frame issues, I have not had this issue but will definitely continue to keep my eye out for this issue. Goodluck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...