aceisback

Holy Jehoshaphat!

Anybody else take it in the shorts today??? The Dow kind of took a little dip, as did the other markets, but due to circumstances I am invested 100% in the Dow.

Kinda glad I live in a single story home, making the plunge out of the window much less painful. I'm thinking not only do I need to start investing in the marihoochie, I need to start using it too!

It's a long story and I know it's not the preferred way to do it but my investment has to be how it is for a while. Just wanted to vent to some caring souls. Or at least some like minded folks. I know caring souls are hard to find on here! 😉

Edited by aceisback

I hope it doesnt affect my vast Bundy fortune...

why 100% in the dow? Times like this you'll see flee to safety stocks (utilities, yield plays, consumer staples, etc.)  I lost 100k last week on a REIT if that makes you feel better.  60k of paper profits, but 40k of real loss.  Worst (by far) loss I have had in my 20+ years of trading/investing.

BIG question is more pain tomorrow? or people still buy the dip and we get a bounce...….

Edited by 1newbie
update

It's long term, no worries. Got to drop down for investment deals to be had, way better then buy high sell low.

Edited by Richard H

1 hour ago, 1newbie said:

I lost 100k last week on a REIT if that makes you feel better.  

Doesn't make me feel better, but makes me feel bad for you. Or I guess really good for your future. If you lost that kind of money then you have a helluva nice retirement coming to you. I'm just a simple kind of guy and easy to please so I'll be okay with what I have coming. I just hate seeing a ton of money disappear in to thin air like it did for me today.

I should clarify that my retirement "mirrors" the Dow. I don't actually own the stocks so I can't buy low/sell high. I just have to ride the waves.

Jeff Bezos just lost 9.1 Billon........

*But he still has about 145 billion left..........

Current worth..............

Bill Gates......................97 Billion 

Warren Buffett..........91 Billion

Mark Zuckerberg......59 Billion

Elon Musk....................19 Billion

Richard Branson.........5 Billion

Just to name a few.............

Ain’t a profit or a loss until cashed out

It was bound to happen before the elections......

If the Demwits take over, interest rates up a point and BIG time stock drops and if Rep take the house, the market will hit 30,000 by next summer and Mueller will be complete with his witch hunt.  

Lock it in!!!

PS- I'm still waiting on the Sirius stock to peak since 2006 when it was $3.75 :coocoo:

8 minutes ago, Wash 10 Crew said:

PS- I'm still waiting on the Sirius stock to peak since 2006 when it was $3.75 :coocoo:

I have a couple like that too...………..

I invested 1/2 my retirement money in hookers and blow..

The rest, I just pissed away..

I don't play, but mama has doubled what we had by playing in the Maryjane fields... 

32 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

I don't play, but mama has doubled what we had by playing in the Maryjane fields... 

More info please, I'm thinking about getting into it, just don't know where or what field.

1 hour ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Had an opportunity three years ago to get in for a minimum of $50K and was guaranteed investment plus a minimum of 8% back in 12 months. Was paying back student loans towards my wife's Masters at the time so it was a nogo.

Is your wife's anything along those lines? Or is there a lower up front way to get in? PM some info if you would like, or toss it out there for everyone. There's enough love and weed in the world to go around!

12 minutes ago, aceisback said:

Had an opportunity three years ago to get in for a minimum of $50K and was guaranteed investment plus a minimum of 8% back in 12 months. Was paying back student loans towards my wife's Masters at the time so it was a nogo.

Is your wife's anything along those lines? Or is there a lower up front way to get in? PM some info if you would like, or toss it out there for everyone. There's enough love and weed in the world to go around!

She has an ameritrade account, and buys stock, I cannot tell you the name because i don't remember, and she is in meetings this morning, so I can't ask. It has slowed down now, but she bought in at $20 a share, it went to $200, but now is down to about 160 last time I checked with her. Neighbor does penny stock, same industry. It is poised to explode once Canada and US are on board and it is legal in both countries. 

Cannot remember a day where the Dow was swinging +/- 300 points.  We were up for first hour of trading, then down 600 as soon as Europe closed, then down 300, closing down 550ish...….

COCKTAIL TIME!!!!!!

meh, been due for a correction for a while . . .

15 minutes ago, South Bay said:

Yep, Golds on a comeback today :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Wheres Hotboat? said:

More info please, I'm thinking about getting into it, just don't know where or what field.

3 hours ago, WLD-OTZ said:

She has an ameritrade account, and buys stock, I cannot tell you the name because i don't remember, and she is in meetings this morning, so I can't ask. It has slowed down now, but she bought in at $20 a share, it went to $200, but now is down to about 160 last time I checked with her. Neighbor does penny stock, same industry. It is poised to explode once Canada and US are on board and it is legal in both countries. 

I have some skin in Aurora Cannabis (ACBFF) - currently in the $9 range in Canada and Canopy Growth (CGC) - currently in the $47 range which the largest in the world at the moment by market cap. Which are two of the biggest public companies in the cannabis space from Canada. They have been steady, no wild pops in prices. There's a handful of others to keep an eye on too like MedMen from the US. I'd be super interested in the one you're talking about WLD-OTZ. Let us know when you find out

Tilray

2 minutes ago, WLD-OTZ said:

Tilray

Wow that was probably a fun one in mid September

4 minutes ago, acefuture said:

Wow that was probably a fun one in mid September

yah, she has some of it still, lagging about $20 under what she paid, but it was a good ride while it lasted. 

29 minutes ago, South Bay said:

A real correction would be way worse. Say 10% or -2500 points? Ouch.

1 hour ago, South Bay said:

But, but, the "experts" said 30,000 by the end of the year.

We still have a little time I guess. I'm from Missouri, Show Me! Actually I'm from Arkansas but it was just a 15 minute drive to the north east to be in the bootheel.

Anyway, looking at the big R in the next two to three years so these big hits suck.

2 hours ago, HappyW/VForce said:

A real correction would be way worse. Say 10% or -2500 points? Ouch.

At session lows today (25,000 dow) we were down 7% from the dow high of 26951 on 0ctober 3.  7% in a week...…..

I still expect a rally into year end (October historically most volatile month of the year for the stock market).  Keep in mind all of those hedge fund managers that work on the 2/20 pay model (they take 20% of what they make for you as their 'fee') have to out-perform their benchmark (usually S&P).  I would expect a rough January as they sell the market down to re-establish their cost basis so they can 'out-perform' again next year.  Just my .02...

Edited by 1newbie
update