Conrad

Camp RZR- stay far away...

Lol. Yeah I can’t wait to get my 4xx, I didn’t see any pictures of wrecked ones at the dunes. Seems like RG did a great job designing it. I guess I shoulda just drove out for the day and visited camp rzr! Seems like most had a great time 

14 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Lol. Yeah I can’t wait to get my 4xx, I didn’t see any pictures of wrecked ones at the dunes. Seems like RG did a great job designing it. I guess I shoulda just drove out for the day and visited camp rzr! Seems like most had a great time 

The reason you did not see in wrecked ones is because there were maybe  4 of them out there .

When is the 4XX suppose to be released?  Textron is taking their sweet time.  

On 10/29/2018 at 7:02 AM, Sand Shark said:

It was really really hot on Saturday.   At least 95 degrees, which meant ride early and hide from the heat for most of the afternoon.  By Friday night lots of SXS owners had converted to 3 wheels as they quickly discovered they are not Robby Gordon and their SXS is not built like a Trophy Truck.  Joe Fab was making a killing repairing what Polaris and Can Am did not have time to fix.   

Dunes were fairly empty other than any area near Olds.   Got in some good runs even though we are stuck behind a sandrail going well under the speed limit.  LOL!

Olds was a complete mess Sunday morning littered with beer cans (Coors Lights, Bud Light and Modelo being the primary choices).  This seems to be typical for any big weekend.  Quite disgusting how people are such pigs.  

Sand Psycho will be happy to know the SXS chatter bumps are back.  I was happy to find out the shock tune Ed "The Suspension Guy" did on my X3 ate up those chatter bumps and I did not feel a thing.   

Overall it was a fun weekend and nice to be back out in the dunes.  Did not get as much riding in as usually just because of the heat.   Can't wait for the cooler weather during the day time. 

This! Nailed it to the T! It's exactly how I felt about the hill on Sunday. I brought a few new riders and it saddened me to present them this amazing place just trashed to no end. I felt as if I had to apologize to them and to make sure they don't think this is normal. Not just cans but beer cartons galore, firework remains, water bottles, and random crap everywhere!! Of course I had to explain to them the new era. Lots of fun still. Plenty of duning to be had. The moon was epic on Saturday night especially the rise of it. The heat, well I survived it but hot damn. Monday was much better! 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:49 AM, Yarder said:

You want me to send you my list? :lol:

Check with Dave from a X a  utv  rental co on vendor Row .  I believe he has paddles for rent I believe it’s 100 bucks a day

602 672 6933

On 10/30/2018 at 10:48 AM, sinverguenza said:

Can you PM me what gussets and what else to get? 

I'm on the fence between the RZR Turbo S 4 seat or Can Am X3 Turbo 4 seat. 

I can say from personal experience with the Polaris razor s I can say there is night and day difference with the electronica suspensions is just amazing  Integrated communication GPS built-in back up camera in optional front camera go pro options pretty amazing the technology that was put into this unit as well as the others . Also at my age sitting more upright in the seat makes a big difference for me and the more you do you have rather than being laid back in the seat just my two cents .. I can’t wait for the four seater to get here.

090ABF73-7234-4939-A3C7-96430EEE819B.png

0869B474-669F-4776-9481-4F335D19D7FE.png

E20EE9C6-6C60-4920-A81A-D7F0B11B0DDD.png

7 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

I can say from personal experience with the Polaris razor s I can say there is night and day difference with the electronica suspensions is just amazing  Integrated communication GPS built-in back up camera in optional front camera go pro options pretty amazing the technology that was put into this unit as well as the others . Also at my age sitting more upright in the seat makes a big difference for me and the more you do you have rather than being laid back in the seat just my two cents .. I can’t wait for the four seater to get here.

090ABF73-7234-4939-A3C7-96430EEE819B.png

0869B474-669F-4776-9481-4F335D19D7FE.png

E20EE9C6-6C60-4920-A81A-D7F0B11B0DDD.png

Thanks! I like all them gadgets especially since its OEM. Damn cage is a little on the tall side. 

On 10/29/2018 at 7:55 AM, nickman123 said:

Having experienced my first Camp  Razor, I have some suggestions for Polaris.

Maybe they could hire some water trucks to keep down the freaking dust?

Maybe they could hire some dudes to to patrol the dunes in some sort of mobil repair vehicles to help out all the busted down SxS guys so the rest of us can spend our time riding?

And maybe they could create a "Good Citizen of the Dunes " award for the weekend to be given to the person who fixes the most busted down vehicles.

For last weekend, I nominate Rockwood. Seriously, the dude spend 5 times as many hours fixing other peoples crap as he did riding the dunes.

That dust you talk about was created on BLM land not much we can do about that .We actually have three water trucks running during the whole event . Any other suggestions are more than welcome

5D6E17D4-32FC-4F7C-97DE-D12F12FF20B9.jpeg

4D6F2530-5AA7-49EE-8D40-6463C3CE24FC.jpeg

I have a suggestion. Ask Polaris to purchase one of these sand cleaners and clean up the hill and the sand drags 

4905C71A-D549-4F15-8AF2-EDA0F94E0AC2.jpeg

Edited by Conrad

We talked about something like this but the BLM prohibits anything like this in Glamis

Edited by DEV'S RZR

Just now, DEV'S RZR said:

We talked about something like this for BLM prohibits anything like this in Glamis . This is just something I picked up along Sand highway the other day

DDCABBBE-8C2A-4AEB-A030-9F1B0F0323CE.jpeg

19 hours ago, Conrad said:

I have a suggestion. Ask Polaris to purchase one of these sand cleaners and clean up the hill and the sand drags 

4905C71A-D549-4F15-8AF2-EDA0F94E0AC2.jpeg

why did polairs make a mess at the hill and  sand drags ?

I can’t figure out how to do the fancy quote dealio on my iPhone :( 

so, I’m Sorry said 

why did polairs make a mess at the hill and  sand drags ?

And I say Touché, you are correct. Polaris did not make the mess nor are they responsible.

Dev asked for suggestions, I figured that Polaris is interested in investing in the dunes and has deep enough pockets to purchase one of these machines. I have picked up trash at the dunes by hand and it’s a slow process and figured this would be a much easier way to sweep the flat areas. 

Read the entire thread, and found myself nodding and saying WTF to myself more than once, LOL.

Sand Mountain,, Nevada has been our, "home dunes" for...crap 35 years. We built our first sand toys to run in an old hydraulic diggins area near here, then discovered "the Mountain, and all was lost. I remember being just as pissed at the release of Quads as some guys seem to be as the proliferation of the SXS today.  We felt and said may of the same things being said here....too much easy money, too many idiots.

And...it is a universal truth that BLM is completely worthless. They are so focused on the stuff that don''t matter that they can't deal with the stuff that does. Worthless. Ghost camping is even here now. They can't seem to find their ass with both hands and a mirror when it comes to this problem.  It isn't that hard...(And this is coming from a guy who wore a badge and gun for 26 years)

We spent a small fortune building what were, for the time, some of the fastest hillshooters around. Drug them clear to Glamis a couple of times, wound up coming back to camp once to find Larry Minor had camped next to us. Hearing our uncorked V-8's idle into camp he stuck his head out of the NHRA hauler he was using and said to his friends, """looks like we parked in the right place".

We had a great weekend with him, he signed Tee shirts for my sons and had his drivers do the same and sent them to us in the mail. A great great guy. But...times change everywhere, folks. Everywhere.

The big Weekend at Sand Mountain has always been Halloween. I won't even go anymore.  We were there for the weekend before and it is crazy the people rolling in. Which brings me to my point. It ain't the machines, boys. It never has been . It is the people.  Yes easy money has made it easier for people to get toys they ain't ready for, but idiots will be idiots, at home, on your freeways, and yes...in your sandbox.  People. 

It is a reflection of what we as a society have come to tolerate. I am sure none of us here tolerate any ahole behavior from our group, and we demand our kids respect the land we ride on and each other, and pick up after ourselves. It doesn't take a lot of looking around to see that not everyone is following that lead. I think the best thing we can do when our teenage kids ask to bring a friend along...perhaps a friend who has no Dad or has no one to teach them about the outdoors is to make damn sure we do what we can to get the fundamentals drilled into their heads on that first trip...because odds are when we take that kid along we are creating another future duner.

I am blessed to see my now grown sons teaching my grandchildren now. This is where the core is...this is how we keep the flow going....our children and grandchildren, and those we can have some influence  on....taking it down the trail with them.

Very well said @FBT 

5 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

why did polairs make a mess at the hill and  sand drags ?

You must be a Democrat . It’s always someone else’s fault

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I can’t figure out how to do the fancy quote dealio on my iPhone :( 

so, I’m Sorry said 

why did polairs make a mess at the hill and  sand drags ?

And I say Touché, you are correct. Polaris did not make the mess nor are they responsible.

Dev asked for suggestions, I figured that Polaris is interested in investing in the dunes and has deep enough pockets to purchase one of these machines. I have picked up trash at the dunes by hand and it’s a slow process and figured this would be a much easier way to sweep the flat areas. 

It is amazing how many restrictions there are for trash cleanup in the dunes just amazing 

1AAF9461-1FDC-478B-BB4B-0B5947AFFE07.png

13 minutes ago, DEV'S RZR said:

You must be a Democrat . It’s always someone else’s fault

why because i asked a ? 

did u even read what i wrote ?

4 minutes ago, I'm Sorry said:

why because i asked a ? 

did u even read what i wrote ?

In his defense, a missing comma would easily throw him off, as grammar is not exactly his strong suit.

Yeah what he said

On 10/31/2018 at 12:36 PM, DEV'S RZR said:

That dust you talk about was created on BLM land not much we can do about that .We actually have three water trucks running during the whole event . Any other suggestions are more than welcome

At the next Camp RZR and even all season, Polaris could do a little promoting and educating of the importance  of keeping out deserts clean, picking up your trash. It could probably be turned into a tax write off for them, not that it would cost much money. If their new customers cause areas to be closed it won't help them sell more SxS's. Yes, I know it's isn't just SxS owners that are leaving trash everywhere, it's always been a problem. SxS's are how many people new to the sport are coming in it. Seems like a perfect opportunity to educate and it would only help Polaris' image. 

One last suggestion, OPEN THE RESTAURANT AND BAR!  :bigrin

44 minutes ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

At the next Camp RZR and even all season, Polaris could do a little promoting and educating of the importance  of keeping out deserts clean, picking up your trash. It could probably be turned into a tax write off for them, not that it would cost much money. If their new customers cause areas to be closed it won't help them sell more SxS's. Yes, I know it's isn't just SxS owners that are leaving trash everywhere, it's always been a problem. SxS's are how many people new to the sport are coming in it. Seems like a perfect opportunity to educate and it would only help Polaris' image. 

One last suggestion, OPEN THE RESTAURANT AND BAR!  :bigrin

This could possibly be the best idea you have ever had.... Maybe the best idea that has come from this board in the last 5 years even.

Seriously 

Here’s another example trying to educate people so there are things in the works .. Don’t forget about the  The next organize clean up this Veterans Day weekend all weekend long and  annual ASA and the  United gateway cleanup in the middle of January . follow the black bag project that has really  helped educate the public they have Organized mini cleanup’s  just about every Sunday or Monday Dave from AXA Utv  rentals on vendor row  Is the director and organizer of the black bag project Thanks to Dave for all he dose 

F25B0A54-E9D6-40F4-A791-FB24D81D2B92.png

7CF8F4EC-1042-46A0-8B07-1B340671E7A3.png

CEC45F6B-E7DA-4A57-B52D-8859335E6A8E.png

1 hour ago, DEV'S RZR said:

Here’s another example trying to educate people so there are things in the works .. Don’t forget about the  The next organize clean up this Veterans Day weekend all weekend long and  annual ASA and the  United gateway cleanup in the middle of January . follow the black bag project that has really  helped educate the public they have Organized mini cleanup’s  just about every Sunday or Monday Dave from AXA Utv  rentals on vendor row  Is the director and organizer of the black bag project Thanks to Dave for all he dose 

F25B0A54-E9D6-40F4-A791-FB24D81D2B92.png

7CF8F4EC-1042-46A0-8B07-1B340671E7A3.png

CEC45F6B-E7DA-4A57-B52D-8859335E6A8E.png

But you just had the biggest event of the year.  You had more first timers in one location at one time then you will all year. That's when you educate.

Organized clean ups are people who love the dunes and are more than likely old timers and know not to trash our play ground.

It's like passing out condoms in child birthing classes instead of on Prom Night 

Edited by MWB

48 minutes ago, MWB said:

But you just had the biggest event of the year.  You had more first timers in one location at one time then you will all year. That's when you educate.

Organized clean ups are people who love the dunes and are more than likely old timers and know not to trash our play ground.

It's like passing out condoms in child birthing classes instead of on Prom Night 

I agree that education about keeping the Glamis and all riding areas clean would be best at events like Camp RZR.  It would not be hard to put up some billboards along the highways that come into Glamis about picking up trash and keeping it clean.   Big signs entering Gecko, Vendors, the sand highway to Olds, and along the washroad would get the message out.  Maybe temporary signs for the holiday weekends at Olds.  

On Sunday morning the top of Olds looked like a recycling center.  It was the worst I have seen in the 20+ years I have been going to Glamis. 

They also could have a Polaris vehicle (utility type with a real bed) driving around passing out trash bags and collecting trash like back Tim use to drive around in that yellow Ranger with a list of sponsors. It could be even staffed with volunteers. I figure someone that has dealing with Polaris could make the suggestion, maybe someone that loves and always talks about what a great company they are and how they really care and do so much for the dunning community.  Seems like if would be a home run for the company that owns the largest piece of dirt in the dunes.