11 hours ago, stonehenge said:

You wont have to wait that long, Polaris will have the trans 2020.  plus 220 + hps, ground up changes and a nice 35 to 38G price tag. 

Polaris just release another model of the Turbo S.  New one is less money and comes with 3.0 Walker Evans Velocity shocks, which are actually a really good shock.  

If Polaris offers a 220+hp car with a trans, it would basically be a 4wd buggy.  There were rumors back in 2014 that Polaris was testing a car that was basically the size of the Class 10 car.    I hope they plan on offering 10 year financing as that will be the only way people will be able to afford a $38K toy. 

10 minutes ago, MWB said:

Loving my Yamaha, she may not be the fastest or take the whoops as good as some of the others but she turns on a dime and slllllllllllllides thru the corners

And sounds cool as hell. Nothing beats that street bike sounding motor while banging gears the others are like the four minute one octave fart as they roll past

The Yamaha motor does sound nice with a pipe.  The X3 motor has a nice tone depending on the exhaust.  No mater what the Polaris sounds like a fart.

A nice long travel kit from Cognito and some shock work would help your Yamaha in the whoops.  

6 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

The Yamaha motor does sound nice with a pipe.  The X3 motor has a nice tone depending on the exhaust.  No mater what the Polaris sounds like a fart.

A nice long travel kit from Cognito and some shock work would help your Yamaha in the whoops.  

Shock work and the a pipe are on the list for summer upgrades, still researching but Weller is leading the list so far.

41 minutes ago, MWB said:

And sounds cool as hell. Nothing beats that street bike sounding motor while banging gears the others are like the four minute one octave fart as they roll past

Well said.

59 minutes ago, MWB said:

Shock work and the a pipe are on the list for summer upgrades, still researching but Weller is leading the list so far.

That would be a good choice.  Weller I believe uses Cognito's long travel kit.   They have the shock tuning down on the YXZ.  

So while everyone is waiting for the Honda Talon to make it to the dealers this April,  Polaris just released another model of the Turbo S today.  A  less expensive model without all the electronic gadgets and shocks.  New model has 3.0" Walker Evans Velocity shocks. 

5 hours ago, MWB said:

The HCR LT kit looks good too.  Comes with an upper front shock relocation bracket and King shocks.

http://hcrracing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=79_63_81&product_id=82

Full ALBA exhaust w/ airbox spacer helps w/ performance and sounds mean.

5 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

So while everyone is waiting for the Honda Talon to make it to the dealers this April,  Polaris just released another model of the Turbo S today.  A  less expensive model without all the electronic gadgets and shocks.  New model has 3.0" Walker Evans Velocity shocks. 

Pretty crazy. The velocity shocks from walker are what a lot of race teams are using and are a damn good set up 

Mmmmmm Awesomeness 

19 hours ago, stonehenge said:

You wont have to wait that long, Polaris will have the trans 2020.  plus 220 + hps, ground up changes and a nice 35 to 38G price tag. 

On board fire suppression system also standard?  Only 107,000 units recalled!

6 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

What is the price on that bad boy?

2 hours ago, onanysunday said:

What is the price on that bad boy?

The 2 seater is $25,299 and the 4 seater is 27k and some change 

the-2020-honda-talon-interior.jpg

new-2020-honda-talon-first-drive-290x175

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-25%20at%2011_32_

New Smiley?

2281110_2968ad8a-7b0d-41d8-8512-85f0c6fe

Love that bottom drawing!

"large-bump performance"  isn't that just a bigger straw?  lol

I got to check out the Honda Talon in person at the Supercross race in San Diego this weekend.  Honda had one on display in the pit area.  Pretty nice car and not as bad looking in person.  The seats are super comfy.   The rear suspension with the upper 4th link is kinda funky.  

The Honda person was really excited about the car.  I asked him why only 104hp and he got a little flustered claiming without a belt they get more power to the wheels.  I asked him if they put it on a dyno to see how much they actually got to the wheels and he had no answer.  LOL!

Still a really nice car and the fit and finish is very nice.  Going to be a nice car for the $20K segment.    

On 1/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, Sand Shark said:

That would be a good choice.  Weller I believe uses Cognito's long travel kit.   They have the shock tuning down on the YXZ.  

I checked out the Cognito website today.  They make a kit for the X3, but nothing for my XC.  I need some help with the back tire clearance, and still have options with 2" longer springs and more pre-load, but I'm trying to look at all options.  I found a lift kit today that's made for the XC, but I'm assuming a lift kit may be different than a long travel kit, with it's own pluses and minuses.  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

https://www.highlifter.com/high-lifter-lift-kits/2-lift-kit-can-am-maverick-1000-std-xrs-3-maverick-1000-xxc-clk1000m-01.asp

13 hours ago, Phoenix7 said:

I checked out the Cognito website today.  They make a kit for the X3, but nothing for my XC.  I need some help with the back tire clearance, and still have options with 2" longer springs and more pre-load, but I'm trying to look at all options.  I found a lift kit today that's made for the XC, but I'm assuming a lift kit may be different than a long travel kit, with it's own pluses and minuses.  Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

https://www.highlifter.com/high-lifter-lift-kits/2-lift-kit-can-am-maverick-1000-std-xrs-3-maverick-1000-xxc-clk1000m-01.asp

The only place that might still be making something for the Maverick XC is CT Raceworx.  Alex Reed makes some top notch quality parts for the Can Am.

https://www.ctraceworx.com/

On 1/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, Sand Shark said:

Ironic,  That's not what customers are telling me.

11 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

The only place that might still be making something for the Maverick XC is CT Raceworx.  Alex Reed makes some top notch quality parts for the Can Am.

https://www.ctraceworx.com/

Thanks for the excellent reference which I may not have ever found on my own!!  I'll study their website and call them too.

check out MTS 

fullsizeoutput_df.jpeg