Jump to content

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Legit Duner said:

Has an alumicraft vibe to it. 

It looks killer but wondering how they got the rear axle so far back for that stretched look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chingon619 said:

It looks killer but wondering how they got the rear axle so far back for that stretched look.

It's a 4 seater converted just like the rest of the turbo unlimited cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You boys are taking it in the shorts! Abernathy's is the place to go. Heading back to Arkansas for my 40 year reunion next week. Gonna be hard to not go across the river and pick one of these up.

1750514701_HondaTalon1.jpg.3caced840276b9fc5086db3d6d5cd68d.jpg

Screenshot_20190603-220041_Outlook.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty close to a factory Honda offroad race team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stugots said:

Clean up nicely.

FB_IMG_1559610277061.jpg

Dang! That thing is nice looking!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to see Honda Race Support get in the game.

Very nice, very nice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they just crushed the guys waiting on Textron/ArticCat/Tracker for both a 4-seater and turbo model.
Factory race team support is awesome too.

Look I have a XX (and love it) but they suck at marketing and product promotion, releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game changer for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what Honda is doing.   Fully committed to racing and producing a great product.   

 

By the way Can Am just released a new 195hp X3 RR model and dropped the pricing on the other models.    Good times in the SXS world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stugots said:

Clean up nicely.

FB_IMG_1559610277061.jpg

Looks awesome! Too bad you have to chop up a 4-seater and completely redo all of the cladding to look that way...

13 hours ago, RIDERED said:

8B3987CE-2E9A-4E17-B4BD-0CA3CC20C350.jpeg

8CB864C2-93B4-41B5-8809-F40D61A960D1.jpeg

19EC8A76-FD6A-4FBB-ABD0-08AFF04BDD9C.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

I like what Honda is doing.   Fully committed to racing and producing a great product.   

 

By the way Can Am just released a new 195hp X3 RR model and dropped the pricing on the other models.    Good times in the SXS world.

I wonder if to get this HP from an older 172 HP model like mine is it just a computer tweak or is there more to it? Not that it needs any more for desert only but you never have enough HP.  Still don't know why Honda put 28" tires on this car out of the box. I had 28s on my xp900.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

.  Still don't know why Honda put 28" tires on this car out of the box. I had 28s on my xp900.

They probably had a target max MPH they were shooting for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MWB said:

They probably had a target max MPH they were shooting for.  

Seems like that could be addressed by the ECU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legit Duner said:

Seems like that could be addressed by the ECU

Probably don't want to be on 60 minutes again haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

I wonder if to get this HP from an older 172 HP model like mine is it just a computer tweak or is there more to it? Not that it needs any more for desert only but you never have enough HP.  Still don't know why Honda put 28" tires on this car out of the box. I had 28s on my xp900.

Nope, not this time around.

New 2020 with 195 HP has bigger turbo, new intercooler, new pistons, and new clutch with bigger belt.

However, on my 154hp model im putting out 192hp with just a stage 3 tune. Could go for more with just a 2018 fuel pump and a stage 3 or 4 tune on that. Would put me over 200. 

Edited by DTA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DTA said:

Nope, not this time around.

New 2020 with 195 HP has bigger turbo, new intercooler, new pistons, and new clutch with bigger belt.

However, on my 154hp model im putting out 192hp with just a stage 3 tune. Could go for more with just a 2018 fuel pump and a stage 3 or 4 tune on that. Would put me over 200. 

I'm assuming the 192 hp is crank hp. How are you measuring it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, socaldmax said:

I'm assuming the 192 hp is crank hp. How are you measuring it?

Yes crank HP, the same way the manufacturers rate their engines.

Dyno attached, Canam has about a 21-23% driveline loss.

So with the stage 3 Im running around 186-192 HP at crank.

Its really not a bad deal for $300 with the controller/programmer (when he has his sales going on)

123321.JPG

Edited by DTA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL There's clearly loads of fanboys in here.
I've only heard that they're under powered.
Not to mention they're ugly as sin 😂

There even any riding reviews out yet?
I'm curious to know how the suspension is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, onanysunday said:

I wonder if to get this HP from an older 172 HP model like mine is it just a computer tweak or is there more to it? Not that it needs any more for desert only but you never have enough HP.  Still don't know why Honda put 28" tires on this car out of the box. I had 28s on my xp900.

New Can Am 195 hp car has bigger turbo, injectors, new intercooler, different pistons and manifold.  Not going to be a bolt on deal like the 154 to 172 deal.  I have a dynojet tune which puts me over a 195hp to the crank.  The only one that caught my attention was the new orange and black X3 RC RR model that comes with 32" tires.  It is the rock crawl edition.   The RS model is not $22,499 MSRP and they changed the shocks to the lower QS3 2.5" set up. 

The Honda Talon turbo set up you can run 32" tires.  Not sure why Honda did not go with a 30" tire.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Desert Disciple said:

LOL There's clearly loads of fanboys in here.
I've only heard that they're under powered.
Not to mention they're ugly as sin 😂

There even any riding reviews out yet?
I'm curious to know how the suspension is.

i think they're under powered because they be running a Fram air filter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Desert Disciple said:

LOL There's clearly loads of fanboys in here.
I've only heard that they're under powered.
Not to mention they're ugly as sin 😂

There even any riding reviews out yet?
I'm curious to know how the suspension is.

There are ride reviews out there.  In the dirt it has plenty of power.  In the sand it needs more.   Suspension reviews are on the rough side in the slow chop.   

With the right aftermarket cage it is not a bad looking.  They are better looking in person for sure.   Honda is going to be a player in the SXS market.    With the turbo option it is going to be very appealing, especially in the 4 seater.   

The only SXS that looks decent with the factory cage is the X3 and the soon to be extinct Wildcat XX.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Air450 said:

Dang! That thing is nice looking!

 

What you see here is a computer rendering of what will be 150K plus  scratch built race car with stock suspension pick up points to meet the rules. Its definatley nice looking and the team that will campaign it at the races is top teir with top dollar funding. Virtually every component will be touched or rubbed on in some way.

Honda will be a big player going forward as they expand there model line up

Best thing going for the Talon right now is NO BELT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Preview Post

More Links

©2001 GlamisDunes.com.
All rights reserved.

×
×
  • Create New...