858surveyor

Best LED light bars and pods...........Go

I run 2 rigid 10 inch with amber glow (useless except for show) and amber covers, half the time I drive back at night or dusk with Amber covers still on. I don't have a top bar, made car run hot with windshield, amazing how it redirects the air. I think lighting is something you have to plan and spend real money on, the 3 name brands mentioned are worth it. I also run my Amber's during day front and back just so I can be seen better

20181123_102052.jpg

Know what you are buying. The color of the light makes a HUGE difference.

https://nox-lux.com/blog/articles/off-road-led-light-color-temperatures-explained/

Baja Designs uses light in the 6000k range and is a less harsh light. Cheaper lights around 4000k-5000k.

I would actually like to get another set of xl80s or squadrons for the pillar and aim them toward the front sides to give me a better perifreal. I like to drive  as fast as possible. With that being said if you dont have the proper lights then your not able to. I'm happy with BD. 

Last year I replaced my Hella HID's on the front bumper with BD XL80's with Amber lens.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!  It's not even a comparison.  I can literally just run the 2 XL 80's and I'm good.  I had a Chinese 40" bar on top and two 4" pods on the A pillar and two up top at a 45* angle outward.  After I saw what a difference the BD made...I changed all of my pods to the BD Squadron pros and I will upgrade the 40" to the onyx 6 next season.  My buddies have the rigid lights but they don't even come close to the BD's.  Do it once...get the good ones. 

~jw

cool selector on Rigid website

https://viewpoint.rigidindustries.com/#products=222513,262313&viewer-state=code--light-1--on$code--light-2--on&viewer-view=hood&viewer-show=split&controls=true&pano=4k&debug=false&render-type=multi&hud=off&demo=false&driving=false

You can shoose the light you want and see how it looks from where YOU want to mount it

If this does not pull up goto rigid industries website and find view point

I use rigid spots for the front,  Eagle EYE drive lights for normal lower level stuff, and a 30" rigid light bar on top.  With all these I see like daylight out there.  just my 2 cents

On 10/29/2018 at 9:31 PM, L.R.S. said:

HID's are the best lights out there.  LED's are ok but not as good as an HID.

So what HID brand/set up do you run?  I want the HID’s for on the side

46 minutes ago, B0NES said:

So what HID brand/set up do you run?  I want the HID’s for on the side

I don't currently have HIDs on my personal car, just a few Rigid LEDs on the front bumper and a Chinese 42" curved LED on the roof. I don't drive much at night. 

I have a light rack for HIDs and will run the KCHilites carbon fiber pods. Same HIDs we had in the Class 1 car (sold) on the Class 5 Unlimited car and now have on the 6100 Spec Truck (not pictured).

Screenshot_20190130-194443_Instagram.jpg

I’m running 5 xl80s on the front bumper and a 40” onx6 hybrid led/laser bar up top. I still don’t think that’s going to be enough light so I might add a set of lp9 pros to fill in the gaps

On 12/2/2018 at 8:12 PM, jwest2sh said:

Last year I replaced my Hella HID's on the front bumper with BD XL80's with Amber lens.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!  It's not even a comparison.  I can literally just run the 2 XL 80's and I'm good.  I had a Chinese 40" bar on top and two 4" pods on the A pillar and two up top at a 45* angle outward.  After I saw what a difference the BD made...I changed all of my pods to the BD Squadron pros and I will upgrade the 40" to the onyx 6 next season.  My buddies have the rigid lights but they don't even come close to the BD's.  Do it once...get the good ones. 

~jw

I replaced my 4 Hella 4000 HIDs with 3 XL80s on the bumper and 40" Onyx6 Racer Edition on the roof. If I did i over, I would not do this again. I still like the Hella 4000 better but they are just too big. I would rather do all XL80's and not the light bar. 

38 minutes ago, bansheemantb said:

I’m running 5 xl80s on the front bumper and a 40” onx6 hybrid led/laser bar up top. I still don’t think that’s going to be enough light so I might add a set of lp9 pros to fill in the 

You don't think that's going to be enough? Do you want to see next week? 

I have only 2 XL80s and a 10" onyx bar. The bar does nothing next to the XL80s. Those 2 lights are brighter than 2x 40c Chinese bars and much brighter than a single 40" rigid bar by far. The XL80s are the brightest lights I have seen so far. I have not personally seen the LP6 or LP9 yet. 

1 hour ago, Hondo said:

You don't think that's going to be enough? Do you want to see next week? 

I have only 2 XL80s and a 10" onyx bar. The bar does nothing next to the XL80s. Those 2 lights are brighter than 2x 40c Chinese bars and much brighter than a single 40" rigid bar by far. The XL80s are the brightest lights I have seen so far. I have not personally seen the LP6 or LP9 yet. 

I want to clearly see what’s coming up either in the dunes or down sand highway. Have always gone more than never having enough. 

48 minutes ago, bansheemantb said:

I want to clearly see what’s coming up either in the dunes or down sand highway. Have always gone more than never having enough. 

I hear you. That'll do it. Good choice in lighting. The LP lights are supposed to be awesome at projection. That laser hybrid is supposed to project a long distance. I would like to hear from an actual owner how they actually do. 

1 minute ago, Hondo said:

I hear you. That'll do it. Good choice in lighting. The LP lights are supposed to be awesome at projection. That laser hybrid is supposed to project a long distance. I would like to hear from an actual owner how they actually do. 

I’ve been rebuilding my car for 3 years now but when it’s complete I’ll give you the full review on it. I’ll be out there hopefully testing the car come late August or early September and all next season. Welcome to come check it out in person if you want. 

if you have both LED and HID which one would be better with an amber cover?

4 hours ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

I replaced my 4 Hella 4000 HIDs with 3 XL80s on the bumper and 40" Onyx6 Racer Edition on the roof. If I did i over, I would not do this again. I still like the Hella 4000 better but they are just too big. I would rather do all XL80's and not the light bar. 

All I know is that amber light you run in the front is the easiest light to see anyplace day or night.  That thing is not only bright it's like a laser.

1 hour ago, Ecobraap said:

if you have both LED and HID which one would be better with an amber cover?

It’s all based on personal preference. I’m running my wide cornering lights as amber. Realistically in the dunes there’s not much dust so it won’t matter

I swapped my Baja Designs squadron sports out for a set of squadron pros and took them out for the first time this weekend. I was amazed at the difference between the sports and pros. Pretty crazy how much light comes out of such a small package. I would buy the pros again in a heartbeat. 

29 minutes ago, punkur67 said:

I swapped my Baja Designs squadron sports out for a set of squadron pros and took them out for the first time this weekend. I was amazed at the difference between the sports and pros. Pretty crazy how much light comes out of such a small package. I would buy the pros again in a heartbeat. 

Wait til you swap those out for a set of xl80s

7 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

Wait til you swap those out for a set of xl80s

I want to swap my mid lights for the xl80s one day

Baja Designs are awesome. Just switched my car over to them. What a huge difference!! Worth every penny.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, Sandnya said:

Baja Designs are awesome. Just switched my car over to them. What a huge difference!! Worth every penny.

Best lights in the industry by far. It’s all I’ll ever run. Between the 6 lights from them on my car and doing 11 xl80s on the front of my truck I’d say I’m a huge fan. 

1 hour ago, bansheemantb said:

Best lights in the industry by far. It’s all I’ll ever run. Between the 6 lights from them on my car and doing 11 xl80s on the front of my truck I’d say I’m a huge fan. 

dude that's like a hundred million dollars in lights ! I'm not good at math, but I'd be afraid to get in an accident and not have my insurance cover all those lights in my truck grill! Seperate insurance policy maybe? Got to post a picture of 11  Baja lights on one vehicle that's not a trophy truck!

I have a 40" onyx 6 on roof, squadron Pros on A-pillar, and xl80s (amber) in front. Going to swap the squadron Pros out for another set of xl 80s for the a-pillars. These are for cornering at night and the squadrons are good but still not as bright as I would like.  Everything else I love. The set up works great for night rides. I HIGHLY  recommend the Amber's as your driving lights. Way better.