Sign in to follow this  
SANDPSYCHO

Slow Drivers

On 10/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, steinberg55 said:

I've haven't seen a noticeable difference in gas mileage with or without water.

When living in San Diego going home on the 8 up the grade. There is a noticeable difference in holding speed on the grade or passing someone. At least in a gas RV or truck. I've only lived in Arizona with my current setup, a diesel truck and weekend warrior 5th wheel, but I doubt I'd feel the difference going up the grade with this combo. 

The secret to saving gas, no kidding, only go 55mph or 45mph. 

On 10/24/2018 at 8:58 AM, CRUSTY said:

All important points have been made:

Fill up at home, save time, get clean water you trust, one less thing to worry about.

Biggest factor to saving gas is a steady foot and cruise 55-60mph.....45mph if light traffic and minimize your brake/gas pedal actions.

On 2 different trips last year leaving G I got stuck behind some dick bag going 40 - 45mph. If you can't drive your RV at a minimum the speed limit please stay the F&^% at home.  If you are so worried about saving a couple of dollars literally, that you are willing to be the ahole going down the road like a snail your in the wrong sport. 

1 minute ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

On 2 different trips last year leaving G I got stuck behind some dick bag going 40 - 45mph. If you can't drive your RV at a minimum the speed limit please stay the F&^% at home.  If you are so worried about saving a couple of dollars literally, that you are willing to be the ahole going down the road like a snail your in the wrong sport. 

How did you get stuck behind a slow moving RV?

Single lane? Could not get around them?

My example of going 45mph is when your in that stop and go type traffic where people slow down to almost 30 mph ...and then mash the pedal till they hit 70 mph for a mile, then back down to 30mph.

Now that I added some additional verbiage to my post to help clear anything....

This part of your post is the type of bullshit we (I know for sure I am) are getting tired of around here:

If you are so worried about saving a couple of dollars literally, that you are willing to be the ahole going down the road like a snail your in the wrong sport. 

No need to go down that road.

2 minutes ago, CRUSTY said:

How did you get stuck behind a slow moving RV?

Single lane? Could not get around them?

My example of going 45mph is when your in that stop and go type traffic where people slow down to almost 30 mph ...and then mash the pedal till they hit 70 mph for a mile, then back down to 30mph.

Now that I added some additional verbiage to my post to help clear anything....

This part of your post is the type of bullshit we (I know for sure I am) are getting tired of around here:

No need to go down that road.

Has it been so long that you forgot the 78 is a single lane in each dirction.  :lol:  Once on the 78 leaving Glamis it doesn't take long to catch up to some D bag only going 40-45. I can accept someone wanting to go the speed limit, it's 55, but to go 10 or 15 miles an hour slower then the limit is just a McPenis move. If you don't feel comfortable going 55 then you need to fix your ride or get the F of the road. 

2 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

Has it been so long that you forgot the 78 is a single lane in each dirction.  :lol:  Once on the 78 leaving Glamis it doesn't take long to catch up to some D bag only going 40-45. I can accept someone wanting to go the speed limit, it's 55, but to go 10 or 15 miles an hour slower then the limit is just a McPenis move. If you don't feel comfortable going 55 then you need to fix your ride or get the F of the road. 

Driving down 78 leaving Glamis at 45-50mph (heavy crosswinds that day), I was passed by some McPenis into oncoming traffic so he could do 55-60mph (he probably figured out the reason for my speed once he got out of my wind shadow) and then slam on the brakes less than a 1/2 mile later to turn into Dunes Edge Storage.  His turn did not involve moving over at all, so I got to come to a near stop as well.

You wouldn't happen to store there, would you? :bigrin 

5 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Driving down 78 leaving Glamis at 45-50mph (heavy crosswinds that day), I was passed by some McPenis into oncoming traffic so he could do 55-60mph (he probably figured out the reason for my speed once he got out of my wind shadow) and then slam on the brakes less than a 1/2 mile later to turn into Dunes Edge Storage.  His turn did not involve moving over at all, so I got to come to a near stop as well.

No wasn't me. And not even close to the situation I was talking about.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:33 PM, Rockwood said:

If you’re an amphibian and bring 200 gallons of water while grossing 35klbs, you’re at 4.5%. Assuming you get 10mpg and the extra weight has a proportional affect on mileage (it doesn’t), you’ll save 2.25 gallons of fuel on a 500 mile round trip. 

So yeah, not wurf it. 

You gots a purdy mouf.

2 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

You gots a purdy mouf.

There you go sexually assaulting the members again, Did you get kicked in the nads by I'm Sorry's pet sheep again? 

9 minutes ago, MWB said:

There you go sexually assaulting the members again, Did you get kicked in the nads by I'm Sorry's pet sheep again? 

jes. Just read the whole thread, it must be tiring to be Sandpsycho, seems like a lot of energy being expended...

1 minute ago, BaBaBouy said:

jes. Just read the whole thread, it must be tiring to be Sandpsycho, seems like a lot of energy being expended...

He does seem to have lots of pent up frustrations....... He might need a pet sheep, seems to be the thing that has mellowed you out.

1 hour ago, BaBaBouy said:

You gots a purdy mouf.

I just bilt me a dang ol porch to set on a rockin' chair with my dang ol shotgun...  Don't tempt fate boy.

1 hour ago, MWB said:

He does seem to have lots of pent up frustrations....... He might need a pet sheep, seems to be the thing that has mellowed you out.

this thread has taken a disturbing turn...….og members must have some secret beastiality cult.

Edited by spize909

36 minutes ago, spize909 said:

this thread has taken a disturbing turn...….og members must have some secret beastiality cult.

Cactus ranchers do have a comfort level in debate...

On 10/25/2018 at 6:21 AM, BaBaBouy said:

No I now drive 30 -35 mph and if on a 2 lane road I try and drive in the number 1 lane, it's what the cool kids do. I also have a dump station at home but I now use one of the dump stations along the way home. I like to take my time and get it real good and clean and wait for that last drips to stop. I sometimes will go inside and get some snacks a drink and use the restroom before I move out of the way. That line of people waiting behind me can just wait they are impatient jerks. 

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

No I now drive 30 -35 mph and if on a 2 lane road I try and drive in the number 1 lane, it's what the cool kids do. I also have a dump station at home but I now use one of the dump stations along the way home. I like to take my time and get it real good and clean and wait for that last drips to stop. I sometimes will go inside and get some snacks a drink and use the restroom before I move out of the way. That line of people waiting behind me can just wait they are impatient jerks. 

You forgot about the bio hazard suit too that adds a couple more minutes.

42 minutes ago, 77charger said:

You forgot about the bio hazard suit too that adds a couple more minutes.

I just figured that was standard, doesn't everyone do that? 

I also fuel up and when done go inside and eat. That way the fuel has time to settle before I start it up and move it.  

14 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

I envy you, I spend half my daily allotment of energy dropping my morning duece with the remainder spent harassing hard working union members. Hard to remember back when I had enough motivation to be pissed at common folks...

16 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

You must drive a Prius... :bigrin 

30 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

You must drive a Prius... :bigrin 

The frustrating part is that a lot of those people driving slow in the fast lane aren't just not paying attention and zoning out, no sir, these idiots actually are doing it on purpose and think that they are in the right.

4 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

The frustrating part is that a lot of those people driving slow in the fast lane aren't just not paying attention and zoning out, no sir, these idiots actually are doing it on purpose and think that they are in the right.

The “you’re going fast enough” crowd can come mierda

2 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

You need to stop being an so impatiant and stop being a meany and just enjoy the fact that you are behind such a cool car. The PPoG  (Perfect People of Glamis) have spoken and if you feel a need to drive the speed limit you are a wild out of control A hole with anger issues. You should be perfectly content going 15 -20 mph slower then the speed limit while stuck behind a much more enlightened person.

:sarcasm:

4 hours ago, BaBaBouy said:

I envy you, I spend half my daily allotment of energy dropping my morning duece with the remainder spent harassing hard working union members. Hard to remember back when I had enough motivation to be pissed at common folks...

You need to lighten up  and go wit the flow. I'm retired but today I was able to joint the Teachers Union, I just have to pay them money every more and I saving children. I then changed political parties and I'm volunteering for the Newsom for Governor Campaign.  I also joined Anti-Fa and will be working to stop fascism this Nov 6. I feels so wonderful to be part of the solution, after all people don't know what they need and it's up to us to tell them and then make them.   

19 hours ago, SANDPSYCHO said:

LMAO, On the last trip to Glamis I have to go through the inspection station on I-8. First time for this, they ask me "what's in the trailer? I tell them, as always, sand rail. They then say "we need to have a look",  WTF,"Ok".  Glance in my mirror and there are about 5 cars stopped behind me. I take my time getting to the my trailer, go to unlock, and I have the wrong set of keys. Taking my time I go back to the truck, get the correct set and start back noticing the line is now 12 to? behind me. I giggle, open the door and proceed to talk sand dunes with the inspector. By the time I lock up and get back in to drive away I can't even see the end of the line. Now I must say when I did return to the drivers seat I did all proper pre driving items, seat belt, mirrors, radio. a/c, and windows up doors locked. I had never seen so many "purple drivers" before in my mirror as I left. All the while laughing at the thought that it was the inspector they could vent to.

On 10/24/2018 at 1:32 PM, Rockwood said:

Are you admitting you park like a douche and drive like a mcpenis?

4 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

So you’ve been stuck behind that douche chick in the silver nissan leaf doing 40mph up the grade to tavern? Every day between 4-430 she is boggin down i8 east pissin off semi drivers going 3 wide to pass her libtard ass

Love her “drive slower save gas” bumper stickers

Edited by sausage450r

You need to lighten up  and go wit the flow. I'm retired but today I was able to joint the Teachers Union, I just have to pay them money every more and I saving children. I then changed political parties and I'm volunteering for the Newsom for Governor Campaign.  I also joined Anti-Fa and will be working to stop fascism this Nov 6. I feels so wonderful to be part of the solution, after all people don't know what they need and it's up to us to tell them and then make them.   

I will take your advice under advisement although I will go on record as being 100% Pro-Fa.