Dunerking

Does anyone here know this guy?

His name is Darrin Ouillette? He lives down in Temecula. I sold my trailer to this guy and now he keeps harassing and threatening my family and I. Saying "he knows where I live" and " karma will get my family and I". I sold my trailer to this guy being as transparent as possible. I made time on my vacation for this guy to come to my camp and inspect the trailer. I also helped this guy install his hitch in his truck at my house. I also took a $1,000 off of my asking price. If anyone knows this guy talk some sense into him. I'd rather not have to bring the law into this. 

IMG_4600.PNG

IMG_4601.PNG

Sorry, the guy i sold my last trailer to has me on speed dial and calls me on how to do every little thing. 

Maybe he needs a friend :dunno:

Haha....I'd be fine with that but I've got a bunch of nonsense out of this guy.  He just needs to settle down or I'll have to contact the OC's finest. I don't appreciate the text threats. At least be a man and call.

Did you sell him junk?

Wow that sucks.

Nope don't know him. Do you know where he lives?

15 minutes ago, jtmoney714 said:

Did you sell him junk?

Well,when looked at it he could've made that judgement then. But no it wasn't junk. I had spent  over $5,000 with Jim at VIP 10 months prior. With a frame strengthening and redoing of the roof.

Edited by Dunerking

Sprint??? Do you still have AOL dialup too? :lol: 

maybe everyone here should give him a jingle or fifty...….

Some folks have buyers remorse, nothing you can do or nothing you should do for that.

Report it to your local Police Department, not sure what they would do...but at least get it documented.

More important question, are they a GD Member or some nut off of Craigslist :lol:

He posts on here. He posted in another thread about a Weekend Warrior for sale. I don't know the guy, just noticed his picture and screen name when I was looking at a thread. Just fyi ...

DarrinO

• Grunt
  • pip_quad_ranks_0.gif
  • DarrinO
  • Members
  •  Member No: 104005

33 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

maybe everyone here should give him a jingle or fifty...….

No offense to OP, but there’s two sides to every story. Let the two guys settle it like adults, and if they can’t, I’m sure a judge will help. :bigrin 

1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

No offense to OP, but there’s two sides to every story. Let the two guys settle it like adults, and if they can’t, I’m sure a judge will help. :bigrin 

we are the Judge and Jury around here .... :bigrin

Just now, I'm Sorry said:

we are the Judge and Jury around here .... :bigrin

giphy.gif

Oh my 

17 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Your right,there is always 2 sides to a story. But it's the buyers responsibility to inspect what they are buying? Like I said I was as transparent as possible. 

The law is called 'Making a terrorist threat' if he has in fact threatened you with physical harm or death.  Even dumber if he did it in text or VM. If so, I would immediately report it. Also, you can legally record an incoming calls he makes to you.

Oh .. and it's a felony.

abc

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

No F'n excuse to ever say 'I know where you live' or 'karma will get my family and I'.  He is 100% in the wrong if he said any of that.  If you bought a trailer and are unhappy about some minor detail; take care of it like a man.  Get out your tools and fix it...………

BTW, I bought a Huffy in 1978 from my buddy tod and the chain rusted a couple years later.  Gonna text him now because 'I know where you live'...…...

Edited by 1newbie
update

39 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

No F'n excuse to ever say 'I know where you live' or 'karma will get my family and I'.  He is 100% in the wrong if he said any of that.  If you bought a trailer and are unhappy about some minor detail; take care of it like a man.  Get out your tools and fix it...………

BTW, I bought a Huffy in 1978 from my buddy tod and the chain rusted a couple years later.  Gonna text him now because 'I know where you live'...…...

Especially in these times were ever PUSSY that cant man up face to face pulls a gun and shoots unarmed people

5 hours ago, sausage450r said:

Sorry, the guy i sold my last trailer to has me on speed dial and calls me on how to do every little thing. 

Maybe he needs a friend :dunno:

I sold my Bounder last year and did a couple hour walk through showing the buyer every switch, feature, and function. Also had every manual tabbed in a 3 ring binder to make looking anything up extremely easy. Guy called me about 20 times the first month. 

"How do you turn the porch light on"

"Where is the dipstick"

"What kind of oil did you use"

"When should I do generator maintenance "

And so on 

4 hours ago, Dunerking said:

Your right,there is always 2 sides to a story. But it's the buyers responsibility to inspect what they are buying? Like I said I was as transparent as possible. 

Yes, buyer beware. But I’ve checked out stuff that the seller outright lied on, and I was only saved when I stopped to really take a look. Had I not noticed and bought it, that doesn’t mean the seller wasn’t an ahole.

That being said, based on what I’ve seen from you here, I doubt that’s the case, but I couldn’t pick you out of a lineup of 2 fellers, so I don’t truly know.  So far you’re doing it right, just trying to stop what happened below to me from happening. Hell, blowing the guys phone up is most definitely not going to talk him down from the ledge with you. :bigrin 

3 hours ago, 1newbie said:

Oh, not defending him, just saying not to pile on because you never know.

I had a deal go south at work, vendor took it personally and enlisted his buddies to blow my phone up with Craigslist ads. I’m sure to them, I was the ahole, but if he wasn’t their buddy and they saw the continually missed deadlines with no communication (delivery took 5x longer than promised) combined with shoddy work when it finally arrived they’d probably regret doing it. 

Again, not saying this was the case, but none of us have any idea what happened with this deal, what was promised, or what the other guy’s gripes were. Not accusing anyone, just saying that blowing his phone up or doxxing the guy like often happens on the Internet shouldn’t happen without knowing the whole story. No sense going to war without knowing who the combatants are.  

Edited by Rockwood

3 hours ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Also, you can legally record an incoming calls he makes to you.

I've been through this with my business. It's 100% Illegal to record a call without the other sides consent in California. It's not admissible in court.

Edited by Legit Duner

10 hours ago, Legit Duner said:

I've been through this with my business. It's 100% Illegal to record a call without the other sides consent in California. It's not admissible in court.

I dont believe that is entirely true.............  I had an issue with someone & we went through the police dept & got written permission to record all incoming phone calls.  

24 minutes ago, Bobalos said:

I dont believe that is entirely true.............  I had an issue with someone & we went through the police dept & got written permission to record all incoming phone calls.  

I'm surprised. Was it a criminal investigation? They probably had prior authorization?

I had a 10k "issue" that would have been easily avoided if my recording was admissable. 

There are at least three laws in California barring it. Even if you live in a state that allows it, you can't record a convo of a Californian without permission.

1 year in jail, 5k fine

Edited by Legit Duner

You just need to do it like all the big guys do it. Answer the phone by saying "Hello this is Legit Bug Killer, this call is being recorded for all kinds of purposes. How can I help you today?"