H2o2SND

Towing a jeep to the dunes

So I have the required permit on my motorhome to camp in glamis. Does anyone know would I have to get another pass for the street legal Ca plated jeep to play in the dunes? the only thing I found on the BLM wedsite was 

RECREATION PERMIT. A permit is required for all primary street legal vehicles used for transportation to the recreation site (unless exempted by P.L. 108-447). Permits must be purchased and visibly displayed in the windshield with the date side facing out upon arrival to ISDRA. Permits are non-refundable.

Any info would be helpful thanks...

I think towed in vehicles need the pass as well...

get a tow-in permit at the ranger station, I think it is free

Just now, jeeperdino said:

get a tow-in permit at the ranger station, I think it is free

This, but must go to ranger station with car on trailer.

3 minutes ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

This, but must go to ranger station with car on trailer.

or still hooked to the rv if it is a toad

I think they have to see it to prove you did not just drive it in

with a tow in permit u Can NOT drive ur jeep on the roads it needs to stay in the sand or tow it back out

12 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

with a tow in permit u Can NOT drive ur jeep on the roads it needs to stay in the sand or tow it back out

How would they enforce this?

11 minutes ago, Rucker said:

How would they enforce this?

When your on the sand (Off-road) you must have your Free BLM issued "Tow In" pass displayed on your windshield and a OHV Safety Whip with flag - or get a ticket

When your on the road you must have your Recreation Permit (weekly hanger or season pass) displayed on your vehicle utill you are out of the Special Permit Area (few miles) - or get a ticket

All they have to do is see you rolling dirty..

13 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

That is crazy, what if it has a legal CA plate. DON~~~

It does have a street legal Ca. license however, if you're going to go the "tow in" route, then the  "towed" vehicle is treated no different than any other "off road" vehicle  we haul in our trailers, with the exception of the requirement of an "off road" permit. .. because it's a legally licensed on-highway vehicle.  Duct tape a flag on your street legal Jeep, you're good to go. That said, if your Jeep is going to see any on-road use, then it's viewed no differently than your motorhome and requires the standard recreation permit. Bottom line, it's one or the other...  

44 minutes ago, carboy said:

It does have a street legal Ca. license however, if you're going to go the "tow in" route, then the  "towed" vehicle is treated no different than any other "off road" vehicle  we haul in our trailers, with the exception of the requirement of an "off road" permit. .. because it's a legally licensed on-highway vehicle.  Duct tape a flag on your street legal Jeep, you're good to go. That said, if your Jeep is going to see any on-road use, then it's viewed no differently than your motorhome and requires the standard recreation permit. Bottom line, it's one or the other...  

this

That makes sense. Thanks for all the info

3 hours ago, I'm Sorry said:

this

You are right, I was thinking about when I use to drive my sand rail anywhere I wanted because it was street legal. DON~~~