HBLOWEN

Skat Traks paddles for sand cars

I dropped off some TRI-ACE 37 13.5 R17 off at Skat Trak today and I'm getting 12 digger paddles put on them. I was wondering why don't we see more Skat Traks on sand cars out there? I understand the super scoopers and hookers are pretty gnarly, but I thought the diggers were a good size. I'll post some pictures when they are done.

Interesting idea looking forward to hearing the results 

Maybe because they might not hold up to the power?

10 hours ago, jjoseph99 said:

Interesting idea looking forward to hearing the results 

x2

guys in camp run them works good, with no issues, I think the big issue is why, I feel because they are not a stocking item if they where on the shelf somewhere I most likely would have purchased them, but it is a little of a hassle to find tires, ship them to scat wait then have them ship back  

Can you weigh them before mounting?

3 minutes ago, 1newbie said:

This. I assume they will be heavier than standard paddles. But I could be wrong!

Friend has a set on a built Baja and they threw a roost like a jetavator! He had to be last in the group!

Edited by matt86m

They appear pretty aggressive and hard on the transaxle. Also, I couldn't imagine they allow the car to slide like a STU.  I could be wrong though! 

4 hours ago, Reece said:

They appear pretty aggressive and hard on the transaxle. Also, I couldn't imagine they allow the car to slide like a STU.  I could be wrong though! 

yes and no, rob paddle has less bite than a 35.5 STU,  you can get different height scoops

10 hours ago, 2011BFD said:

Maybe because they might not hold up to the power?

I'm sure they will hold up. I've seen several trophy trucks running the super scoopers. 

8 hours ago, 1newbie said:

Yeah, I'll do that.

6 hours ago, vikter said:

Wilkey’s Car on Skats

He just put some Skats on his car, from the videos they throw some serious roost. 

6566A812-CA17-474F-B2C9-0BECE46CD3B4.jpeg

C5DEC95E-8E07-457F-AA45-AE3665528385.png

Those are the hookers, basically the same as the super scooper but with less of a cup on the sides.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:09 PM, vikter said:

Wilkey’s Car on Skats

He just put some Skats on his car, from the videos they throw some serious roost. 

6566A812-CA17-474F-B2C9-0BECE46CD3B4.jpeg

C5DEC95E-8E07-457F-AA45-AE3665528385.png

I followed him by camp Friday afternoon, and I can confirm, that thing was throwing a sh*t load of sand! 

I just picked them up today and took some quick pictures. I haven’t had a chance to weigh them, but they feel lighter that when I dropped them off. 

C6032185-F90A-4438-BB14-9596B799776D.jpeg

DE364426-BF9B-476F-861F-DCDBE099AC17.jpeg

6E26C820-5E9B-4C04-82AE-49511DD1E5F3.jpeg

How much? $$$

I really like this!  They look really good.

48 minutes ago, jaybird95 said:

How much? $$$

I have approximately $700 into it.  It’s $60 for each tire to get buffed and $18 each paddle. 

Something tells me that car is going to hook up great but isn't going to turn very well.   Curious about the results.

Looks great! was the goal to get a taller tire than the normal 36" STU? or more hook up? I have some where in my phone the weights of and un mounted 36 blaster also an un mounted comp cut 35.5. I look for them

Edited by jjoseph99

Soooo blake Wilkey's trans "went out" last Friday. Some are saying too much paddle?..................

1 hour ago, jjoseph99 said:

Looks great! was the goal to get a taller tire than the normal 36" STU? or more hook up? I have some where in my phone the weights of and un mounted 36 blaster also an un mounted comp cut 35.5. I look for them

Thanks. I wanted a taller tire and wanted to experiment with these diggers due to the price point.  

1 hour ago, bajabug44 said:

Soooo blake Wilkey's trans "went out" last Friday. Some are saying too much paddle?..................

I could of told you that along time ago...  That is why I didn't go with the super scoopers or hookers like he did.

1 hour ago, rampster said:

Something tells me that car is going to hook up great but isn't going to turn very well.   Curious about the results.

I'm assuming what makes a car side/turn good is when the rear tires are wider/more square. I'm going to be running these 13.5 wide tires on a 8 inch rim. We will find out how they work during New Years weekend. I see a lot of cars out there running the STU's on a 7 inch and 8 inch wheels and they look super tall/skinny. 

21 minutes ago, HBLOWEN said:

Thanks. I wanted a taller tire and wanted to experiment with these diggers due to the price point.  

Make sense to me. You are in it for half the price of a new set of 36 blasters 

I had 8 paddles on mine and it wasn’t enough hook.  I’d love to have a set of 10 paddles. I liked the way the car handled because the tires are far more rigid and predictable. Only reason I don’t have them is they don’t stock them. SDHQ In AZ stocks them but in cut Toyos which is way to heavy. Only tire I’d buff Is race only projects 6 ply with kevelar so very light. STU are 2 ply.  Race projects to shave are hard to find or very expensive. I’ve always got my eye out. 

In for the weight comparisons....🤔

You get a weight on these yet?  

The 8 paddled race Kevlar 37 projects were 45lbs. The 8 paddled Toyos at SDHQ are 97lbs. I think STUs are like 45