Sndsamplr

How to bake salmon

I’m going to bake a big fillet of salmon tonight.  I usually do all my cooking on the barbecue, but I figure I would change it up a little.  What temperature, how long?   I’m going to cover it with smoked salmon schmear, and I wanna do it right. I could go on YouTube and search it up, but I wanted to ask the fine members of GD first ...

big wood board.. fillet the Fish with cross hatch cuts.... Pepper, spices and everything nices all over the fish and the board.... Bake 450 for 45 min

Take out of the oven.. walk over to the trash and slide the fish off and eat the board... best I have for a recipe..

Well...You've come to the right place.

Make sure you wash it off good, pat it dry, then season it however you want.  I would still say cook on the grill, as fish will stink up the house, but in the oven is fine too.  I still foil wrap mine for the grill...it's still considered baked that way.  Grill on high...about 15 minutes.

Preheat your oven to 375.  Spray some non-stick spray or olive oil on some foil.  Lay the salmon down and put your seasoning on it.  I throw some lemon slices and pads of butter on it...that's what I like.  Once you're happy...wrap the salmon up in the foil and place on a cookie sheet.  Once the oven's hot, throw that bad boy in.  I'd say about 20-25 minutes should do the trick.

Edited by Mac

You the man Mac, I shall try that. 

I do salmon on the santa maria grill, and use the 2-second rule. Set the grill height so you can hold your hand over it for 2 seconds. Low and slow, you can over cook it right quick. I use the wood so you can get a little of the smoky flavor in it. 

Just now, Sndsamplr said:

I have a couple of really good salmon recipes if you want.  Chummin has used them before and really liked them....very easy too.

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

I have a couple of really good salmon recipes if you want.  Chummin has used them before and really liked them....very easy too.

I use a mixture of soy sauce and 100% pure maple syrup to marinate mine in and then grill. Comes out awesome !! depending on size of fillet adjust amounts of soy sauce and syrup. Should use 2/3 soy to 1/3 100% pure maple syrup. You can also place that same combo in a sauce pan ( liquid smoke optional ) and heat till it just starts to caramelize and use that to cover over salmon when done. Milage may vary but I grill about 7 min on each side. I prefer the Costco fillets as they are already skinned. 

I will be thinking about your Salmon tonight as I am grazing this weeks left overs :(

42 minutes ago, Sndsamplr said:

Bring me a piece and I try it hahaha. how are you Samplr, how's the wife???? Long time no see my friend.

11 minutes ago, i8sand said:

I use a mixture of soy sauce and 100% pure maple syrup to marinate mine in and then grill. Comes out awesome !! depending on size of fillet adjust amounts of soy sauce and syrup. Should use 2/3 soy to 1/3 100% pure maple syrup. You can also place that same combo in a sauce pan ( liquid smoke optional ) and heat till it just starts to caramelize and use that to cover over salmon when done. Milage may vary but I grill about 7 min on each side. I prefer the Costco fillets as they are already skinned. 

I will be thinking about your Salmon tonight as I am grazing this weeks left overs :(

One way I like...cedar plank...soak it.

Salt and pepper the salmon...let it sit out...then cover it with light coat of dijon mustard and then cover with brown sugar.  Throw on the grill for 15-20 minutes.

30 minutes ago, RAPTORLICIOUS33 said:

Bring me a piece and I try it hahaha. how are you Samplr, how's the wife???? Long time no see my friend.

She is doing well, and it is fantastic to see you back here Raptorlicious...would love to see you down in Glamis again

dash of Old Bay Seasoning, Dash of LemonPepper, Dash of Tequila, Dash of Garlic Powder, Dash of My Spice, Dash of Honey, Dash of Oyster Sauce, coat, wrap in foil bake for 30mins

:jeff:

Anyone ever try the dishwasher method ? Neighbor tried it and said it actually works. Season and wrap in foil, don't run washer on full cycle just the dry cycle ? 

5 hours ago, Esco said:

dash of Old Bay Seasoning, Dash of LemonPepper, Dash of Tequila, Dash of Garlic Powder, Dash of My Spice, Dash of Honey, Dash of Oyster Sauce, coat, wrap in foil bake for 30mins

:jeff:

So much for tasting like salmon. :lmao:

Bbq.... spray with evo, lemon, garlic sea salt, wrap in foil. Cook to desire tenderness/texture

bbq....lay out foil, drizzle on maple syrup, sprinkle in brown sugar cover with foil and cook well. 

My favorite. Pan sear or george foreman; simple. Spray with evo, sprinkle liberally both sides with lawry’s lemon pepper. Lightly blacken both sides. Serve ontop of salad with litehouse blue cheese dressing, cherry tomatos, and fresh avocado chunks

...i use the frozen 5oz costco portions

Edited by sausage450r

Buy good salmon, salt and pepper, fry in a pan skin side down, flipping only once. I love salmon, so putting a bunch of shit on it is like putting A1 on a Ribeye.

Results?

Saw some nicely prepped Salmon at COSTCO...thought of Samplr eating it.... :lol:

How'd the Salmon turn out Sndsmplr? Peace

33 minutes ago, CHEFF said:

How'd the Salmon turn out Sndsmplr? Peace

It ended up pretty baked

fish.jpg.170157c8eab0cfcfca317c90b43ef3fd.jpg

soaked in Newmans own lemonade, with fresh garlic and pepper... YUMMM!!.

I love me some salmon, hope it comes out well. I usually eat it RAW. Sorry Samp, can’t help but looks like Jew have it covered...

btw saw you at the flagpole- u look good keep eatin that fish

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Grease Monkey said:

So much for tasting like salmon. :lmao:

that's the outsidecrust, inside is pure salmon

image.png

Simple and very tasty. Marinade in Italian dressing for an hour or more, wrap in foil, 7 min. Per side on the BBQ