dbatman

Got a Yamaha YXZ

22 hours ago, dbatman said:

Thank you. To be honest , I have a numb butt when it comes to shocks and tuning them. I have looked at the Weller kits and will have to wait for a while before doing something like that. I am 66 years young and just enjoy getting out and about. As long as it doesn't beat me to death , I am ok.

fixed it for you, enjoy the new ride!

20 hours ago, jeeperdino said:

fixed it for you, enjoy the new ride!

thank you for that. 

1 hour ago, dbatman said:

thank you for that. 

Congratulations on the new ride!!! Got a neighbor down the street that just got his 2nd RZR At 74 and rode a Yfz450 till 68

I have about 20 hrs  into a '17 SE manual shift, safety first with a full cage 5pt belts and seats. If you want to keep it quite but solid performance with the stock gearing I can not suggest strongly enough the Alba SBD kit with stag 2 cams and 10 paddle 26" skat's

7 hours ago, DarkJuJu said:

I have about 20 hrs  into a '17 SE manual shift, safety first with a full cage 5pt belts and seats. If you want to keep it quite but solid performance with the stock gearing I can not suggest strongly enough the Alba SBD kit with stag 2 cams and 10 paddle 26" skat's

thank you for the suggestions. Mine will probably stay stock for a long time , unless something needs to be replaced.

12 hours ago, DarkJuJu said:

Looks like OP lives in Ca.  Alba will not sell engine performance related components to him because of CARB !!!

I took mine up to the mountains and had no problems with the gearing, hell I had to get on the radio and tell the can am to get a move on because  If I had to push in on the clutch I was going to be in trouble.1st gear and just above idol and she went up a pretty steep and rocky trail.

The dunes were a different story for me.  I hated it at first. I was ready to park it after the first weekend. I couldn't see and struggled to make it do what I wanted.  At a place where I was about as comfortable as a person could get I was a fish out of water.

Now after a couple more trips I am getting the hang of it and it is like a Banshee you have to ring it out to get it to move.  I did notice that as soon as I put a second person in it there was a big performance dip. Next trip I will have the GF with me so I will see how much it does change.

A stop at Weller Racing is on the list for summer thats for sure.

9 hours ago, MWB said:

I took mine up to the mountains and had no problems with the gearing, hell I had to get on the radio and tell the can am to get a move on because  If I had to push in on the clutch I was going to be in trouble.1st gear and just above idol and she went up a pretty steep and rocky trail.

The dunes were a different story for me.  I hated it at first. I was ready to park it after the first weekend. I couldn't see and struggled to make it do what I wanted.  At a place where I was about as comfortable as a person could get I was a fish out of water.

Now after a couple more trips I am getting the hang of it and it is like a Banshee you have to ring it out to get it to move.  I did notice that as soon as I put a second person in it there was a big performance dip. Next trip I will have the GF with me so I will see how much it does change.

A stop at Weller Racing is on the list for summer thats for sure.

Get a pipe, tune and the Yamaha gear reduction kit and you will love it in the dunes.  The gear reduction for the dunes is a huge improvement.  It makes it a much better dune car.   Hardest part of jumping from a quad to a SXS is not being able to to stand up and see whats on the other side as you are about to crest a dune. 

Grats on the new ride 66 and still riding is :cool:

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Grats on the new ride 66 and still riding is :cool:

thank you.

11 hours ago, MWB said:

I just saw a video put out by Yamaha showing how to drive. They said the same about the clutch. Don't touch it and let the motor do the work for you. I had mine cruising around at 3 mph, clutch out, and just a little gas got it accelerating nicely.