jhuerta

Honda 3.2 or 3.5 average gas consumption question.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:54 PM, quadman1 said:

My first trip with my current car. It has a 3.2 all stock and stock computer. It also has no 02, so it must be set up without it. I ran it hard for 4 and a half days and probably only used about 12 gallons of gas. Very nice considering my last v8 car would have burned about 50 gallons of race fuel in the same trip. 

Wow! I cant believe that. I thought maybe it was because I drive my hard that is why I wasted a lot of gas. Im defiantly going to get it looked at by the time New Years comes. Im going to remove the entire intake and clean it good. 

Turbo 3.5 with big injectors. Dune hard from  gecko loop to olds taking the longest way possible is less than 2 gallons. Diners diner and back was 6.5 gallons. 

Lets play a game of how many miles is this run.  Below are some screenshots of the GPS.  This was at the tail end of our cross country trip, we camped on the the other side of the canal.  Since it was on the cross country trip we had dirt tires on, so we didn't want to get too deep in the dunes, but it was Saturday on Halloween weekend so we didn't want to sit at camp.  We headed over to vendors to say hi to the Gilmore's and then back over to the drags, then back to camp.

How many miles was this ride, total trip from camp to Gilmore's, to the drags, then back to camp?

IMG_0623.PNG

IMG_0625.PNG

IMG_0626.PNG

5 hours ago, THROTTLEJUNKIE said:

Lets play a game of how many miles is this run.  Below are some screenshots of the GPS.  This was at the tail end of our cross country trip, we camped on the the other side of the canal.  Since it was on the cross country trip we had dirt tires on, so we didn't want to get too deep in the dunes, but it was Saturday on Halloween weekend so we didn't want to sit at camp.  We headed over to vendors to say hi to the Gilmore's and then back over to the drags, then back to camp.

How many miles was this ride, total trip from camp to Gilmore's, to the drags, then back to camp?

IMG_0623.PNG

IMG_0625.PNG

IMG_0626.PNG

I guess 24 miles. 

Well,  Was hoping to get a few more guesses out of this but here goes.  That ride was just shy of 33 miles.   I used 6 gallons of fuel on a stock Honda 3.5 with a stock computer.   That's about 5.5 mpg.  It's all about how hard you spin them up, and in the dunes this motor lives in the V-tec non stop so fuel mileage goes way down.  The point of this was to point out that these dune rides end up being way more miles than we think they are.

IMG_0624.PNG

Thanks Throttlejunkie! Well I got my 3.2 Acura manual today from the auto parts store and I found my old tuner software and ODB2 USB connectors. I'm hoping to figure out this weekend what the issue is. Hopefully I can figure it out before new year's.  

I was always concerned about heading to Duners Diner with my 3.5 short star.

The first time I brought 5 extra gallons of gas to my 10 gallon tank and came back with 7 total.

That was leaving from was 6, going to Olds then Road runner, down to the diner and back to the drags then to camp. 

I guess my foot doesn't weigh enough, but we had a great time.